No announcement yet.

What did you do for your M3 today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got drunk and admired her from the garage. When the race tracks close she gets ignored. :'(

Comment

Uh oh 😬
      Attached Files
      TiAG 6mt Coupe | KARBONIUS | SUPERSPRINT | FIKSE WHEELS | OEM CSL | MILE END COMPOSITES | AST 5200 | HOTCHKIS | BREMBO | RECARO | BEISAN | CATCAMS | CP-CARILLO | TMS | RTD | ROGUE ENGINEERING | AKG MOTORSPORT | HTE PERFORMANCE

Comment

3.91 diff. Hopefully picking the car up from Rogue tomorrow
        '96 RSP TT6spd Supra
        '05 Jet Black 6spd ZCP M3
        iG: 2jz.jest

Comment

Originally posted by mainstreamer00 View Post
          Uh oh 😬
          schwiiing
          DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
          /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
          More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Gave it a nice bath with foam and a short drive!

Comment

Uh oh 😬
              Enjoying being back in a set of these!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1157.jpeg
Views:	657
Size:	79.8 KB
ID:	14419
              TiAG 6mt Coupe | KARBONIUS | SUPERSPRINT | FIKSE WHEELS | OEM CSL | MILE END COMPOSITES | AST 5200 | HOTCHKIS | BREMBO | RECARO | BEISAN | CATCAMS | CP-CARILLO | TMS | RTD | ROGUE ENGINEERING | AKG MOTORSPORT | HTE PERFORMANCE

Comment

Originally posted by see.m3.go View Post

What did you do to take off the adhesive? I am currently working on this as well. Eraser wheel and dremel/drill?
                Sorry a bit late, but yep. I used a rubber wheel attachment for my cordless drill, automotive Goo Gone, and plastic blades. The rubber wheel was key!

Comment

Those look great.
                  2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post

Those look great.
                    Thanks!
                    As much as my Sportsters "fit" the lines/forms of the E46 interior, I feel that the PP's do at least as good a job.

Comment

Thanks!
                      As much as my Sportsters "fit" the lines/forms of the E46 interior, I feel that the PP's do at least as good a job.
                      I actually like PPs much more on the E46. Sporsters look a bit too chunky for me. I feel like they go better in an F8x.
                      2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

Comment

Installed Rogue Engineering black RTAB, the BMW units had 78k and they were in perfect condition. Used the Turner/Bav. Autosport removal tool and it worked great. Glad I put these Rogue units in, so easy to install and remove. Next 80k I'll switch to monoball style and see how those work.
                        So the mile interval to replace these RTAB was incorrect for my car in the DIY section. I also replaced the rod bearings at 200k and they were fine so that time interval is incorrect in the DIY section as well, at least for my car. In the futrure I would only change the rod bearings if the blackstone report tellsme of high bearing material in the oil, not because of the mileage.

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by hemi6 View Post
                          Installed Rogue Engineering black RTAB, the BMW units had 78k and they were in perfect condition. Used the Turner/Bav. Autosport removal tool and it worked great. Glad I put these Rogue units in, so easy to install and remove. Next 80k I'll switch to monoball style and see how those work.
                          So the mile interval to replace these RTAB was incorrect for my car in the DIY section. I also replaced the rod bearings at 200k and they were fine so that time interval is incorrect in the DIY section as well, at least for my car. In the futrure I would only change the rod bearings if the blackstone report tellsme of high bearing material in the oil, not because of the mileage.

Mike
                          For what it's worth, your experience on both items is quite outside the norm. You could be either very lucky or perhaps your car was driven extremely softly for most of its life, who knows? My RTABs were bad at 45k miles, and the car wasn't driven hard. Also, it's possible for blackstone analysis to fail to signal imminent bearing failure, it's not foolproof. Even if you're a lucky one and your bearings actually happen to be in great shape after 200k miles, switching them out earlier is by far the safer move, and not unnecessarily so.

Comment

Originally posted by ATB88 View Post

Even if you're a lucky one and your bearings actually happen to be in great shape after 200k miles, switching them out earlier is by far the safer move, and not unnecessarily so.
                            The one dude at cars&coffee told me they are lifetime, like the fluids, 'cause BMW is good at making things, so nothing to worry about.
                            Youtube DIYs and more

All jobs done as diy - clutch, rod bearings, rear subframe rebush, vanos, headers, cooling, suspension, etc.

PM for help in NorCal. Have a lot of specialty tools - vanos, pilot bearing puller, bushing press kit, valve adjustment, fcab, wheel bearing, engine support bar, etc.

Comment

Found the cause of my misfire.

Name:	20200421_182937.jpg
Views:	598
Size:	93.7 KB
ID:	15369

Name:	20200421_183020.jpg
Views:	562
Size:	99.6 KB
ID:	15370

I don't think spark plugs are supposed to spin like that (that's the same plug in the two pictures).

Comment

I gotta admit, clean black interiors are probably my favorite.

Comment

Working...
                                X