No announcement yet.

What did you do for your M3 today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Removed the dash in preparation for the front half of my cage and a custom dash setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Grigio Telesto F80 M3 DCT | :: Bone Stock ::
    2004 Titanium Silver E46 M3 6 Speed | :: Track Car ::

Comment

Originally posted by DropTopKingM3 View Post

I ordered bushings as well but the Rogue Engineering ones. I’ve watched a few videos on YouTube but they had the pedals out of the car. How hard was it to install with the pedals still in the car?
      Pretty much impossible lol. It's pretty easy to take the pedals out though. Remove the clip that attaches the brake master cylinder to the pedal, push out the plastic pin that attaches the clutch master cylinder to the pedal, remove two 10mm bolts on the clutch master, disconnect the brake light sensor and remove three 13mm nuts that hold the pedal assembly to the car. After that just wiggle it out and then you can work on it outside the car.
      2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post

Pretty much impossible lol. It's pretty easy to take the pedals out though. Remove the clip that attaches the brake master cylinder to the pedal, push out the plastic pin that attaches the clutch master cylinder to the pedal, remove two 10mm bolts on the clutch master, disconnect the brake light sensor and remove three 13mm nuts that hold the pedal assembly to the car. After that just wiggle it out and then you can work on it outside the car.
        Doesn't sound difficult...just involved haha.

After I replaced my passenger window regulator in 2019, I couldn't get it drop the forward part of the glass when opening the door, and it's been slowly chipping the b-pillar trim, much to my disgust. I can push it down but I either forget to tell my passengers to push down on the glass when they open the door. Sounds like something inside the door might be tight?

Today, I gave it another shot via the adjustment holes on the bottom of the door. No luck; it still doesn't drop when the door is opened and the glass "rings" a bit like it is making contact with the door frame.

Is it time to pop off the door card and the exterior trim piece?
        "your BMW has how many miles!?"

2003 (2/03) M3 coupe Imolarot/Black 6 M/T - JRZ RS One 450/550 - Ground Control Street - SDW RTAB - TMS Street ARCA - Redish V2 - TMS solid subframe bushings - Volk Racing G2 18x9.5 - StopTech ST40 355 (coming soon) - Beisan Systems VANOS parts - WPC OE rod bearings - Karbonius CSL airbox - Kassel MSS54HP DME - Kassel MAP sensor - Euro headers and Section 1 - SuperSprint Sport - Recaro Speed - Schroth Rallye 4 QF - AS 30% SSK

build/journal
        ig: @zzyzx85

Comment

Originally posted by zzyzx85 View Post
          Doesn't sound difficult...just involved haha.
          Yeah not too hard. Just gotta make sure to stretch before contorting your body underneath the dash lol
          2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

As for yesterday, I had taken Friday and Monday off, so my wife brought the kids to the playground and as an additional birthday gift, gave me an uninterrupted garage day. So I got to working on the M3. Unfortunately, I had taken a few spills on Saturday while snowboarding (mind you, I hadn't been in about 7 or 8 years), so I'm pretty beat up and moving slower than normal.

I did manage to flush diff fluid and trans fluid, and install new fill/drain plugs for both, as well. I am LOVING these new flat bottom jack stands:

Starting pile:

Took this opportunity to clean up some of the underbody plastics:

This is what's left to do (at least, until the intake arrives!!!):

And stored for the evening:

Going to leave it up on jackstands as I plan to start addressing the cooling system hopefully tomorrow. And I still need to flush the brake fluid. I want to remove the aFe intake so I can get that sold, but debating on waiting in case I need to move the car in/out of the garage in the meantime. I suppose I can reinstall the OEM intake for the time being...we shall see.

2005 BMW M3 (6MT) Instagram
            2021 BMW M340i

Need to stock up on some detailing products or spiff up your garage, then use my Obsessed Garage link!

My Slow Burn (M3 build thread)
            My DOUBLE thread (garage build)

Comment

Originally posted by eforty6_m3 View Post
              As for yesterday, I had taken Friday and Monday off, so my wife brought the kids to the playground and as an additional birthday gift, gave me an uninterrupted garage day. So I got to working on the M3. Unfortunately, I had taken a few spills on Saturday while snowboarding (mind you, I hadn't been in about 7 or 8 years), so I'm pretty beat up and moving slower than normal.

I did manage to flush diff fluid and trans fluid, and install new fill/drain plugs for both, as well. I am LOVING these new flat bottom jack stands:

Starting pile:

Took this opportunity to clean up some of the underbody plastics:

This is what's left to do (at least, until the intake arrives!!!):

And stored for the evening:

Going to leave it up on jackstands as I plan to start addressing the cooling system hopefully tomorrow. And I still need to flush the brake fluid. I want to remove the aFe intake so I can get that sold, but debating on waiting in case I need to move the car in/out of the garage in the meantime. I suppose I can reinstall the OEM intake for the time being...we shall see.

Curious what products you used to clean the underbody plastics? I did the same last week but still not satisfied with my undertray

Comment

Originally posted by Nick_P View Post
                Curious what products you used to clean the underbody plastics? I did the same last week but still not satisfied with my undertray
                My aim wasn’t for perfection, or else I would’ve spent more time on it. I just wanted to make it look better, which I think I succeeded at.

So I use Meguiars all purpose cleaner for the initial cleaning. Then I sprayed it down with Aerospace 303, let it sit for a few minutes, then gave that another wipe down.

If I wanted to spend more time on it, I probably would’ve tried solution finish and let that really soak into the plastic.

Hope that helps!

2021 BMW M340i

Need to stock up on some detailing products or spiff up your garage, then use my Obsessed Garage link!

Comment

Originally posted by eforty6_m3 View Post

My aim wasn’t for perfection, or else I would’ve spent more time on it. I just wanted to make it look better, which I think I succeeded at.

So I use Meguiars all purpose cleaner for the initial cleaning. Then I sprayed it down with Aerospace 303, let it sit for a few minutes, then gave that another wipe down.

If I wanted to spend more time on it, I probably would’ve tried solution finish and let that really soak into the plastic.

Hope that helps!

Yea I followed a similar approach with a Chemical Guys cleaner and then trim dressing; have done the same process for fender liners in the past and came out good. But the undertray was more dirty to begin with and im not very satisfied with the result...have to repeat at some point with a heavier cleaning product!

Comment

Originally posted by Nick_P View Post

Yea I followed a similar approach with a Chemical Guys cleaner and then trim dressing; have done the same process for fender liners in the past and came out good. But the undertray was more dirty to begin with and im not very satisfied with the result...have to repeat at some point with a heavier cleaning product!
                    Yep, that’s my plan, as well. Good luck man!

2021 BMW M340i

Comment

Finally got the seats I've been looking for. Totally changes and improves the car in every way. The comfort + control these offer is night and day vs stock seats.
                      Attached Files
                      Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

Originally posted by EthanolTurbo View Post
                        Finally got the seats I've been looking for. Totally changes and improves the car in every way. The comfort + control these offer is night and day vs stock seats.
                        hmm 😭

Comment

I installed bc coils. My arc8s showed up today, too. Going to mount some tires today and hopefully I'll throw the rims on today.

Comment

Time for a set of new Koni's upfront.

Sent from my SM-G998W using Tapatalk

Comment

Completed 10 steps out of about 500 on the rod bearing DIY, lol. Seriously, I literally removed 11 bolts and one nut. You might say I'm taking the slow route since I'm four plus months into this.

This winter was brutal and I never got motivated enough to heat the garage up sufficiently to remotely enjoy wrenching. With warm temps I'm just working on it half hour to an hour here and there which is actually pretty relaxing. Good to be back in the garage. I can probably knock it out in one 4 hour session some time soon.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

New fuel filler cap, engine oil + filter, oil level/temp sensor and new diff oil.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210323_085251.jpg
Views:	360
Size:	103.2 KB
ID:	94063
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	20210324_142033.jpg
Views:	361
Size:	163.8 KB
ID:	94064

Comment

Working...