Getting new shoes!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210506_202352.jpg
Views:	600
Size:	170.5 KB
ID:	103779
    Build thread: Topaz Blue to Shark Blue

Comment

Been waiting awhile for parts but finally got started with Coilover installation and test fitting new wheels.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by repoman89 View Post
        Hate that stupid box. I couldn’t get one of the push pins out when I did my 996 kit so just zip tied the tail of the sensor to the control arm for now. Need to make a defeat plug like I have in the front, drill out the pin, and get in there for the last time.
        Originally posted by timmo View Post
        Saaaaame. I'm probably just gonna cut the wires and solder them together, just a small "U"-shaped harness coming out of the box

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk
        I really should just bypass the thing and never worry about it again. I'm in there enough that worn pads should really not surprise me at all.

Maybe it could be coded out and then I could just remove the sensor entirely. Buuut maybe a defeat plug is a good idea just so that the box stays sealed and no water can get in.
        2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Different shift knob installed (without incident), the knob installed by previous owner was quite heavy, I'll bet it was all of 16-20oz, the new is 6.4oz.

The feel of shifting gears has improved with new knob as there is significantly more feedback, plus the factory like look is a good thing.

Name:	20210507_174003.jpg
Views:	625
Size:	71.6 KB
ID:	103856
          2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
          Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
          Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
          RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
          Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post
            Different shift knob installed (without incident), the knob installed by previous owner was quite heavy, I'll bet it was all of 16-20oz, the new is 6.4oz.

The feel of shifting gears has improved with new knob as there is significantly more feedback, plus the factory like look is a good thing.

Name:	20210507_174003.jpg
Views:	625
Size:	71.6 KB
ID:	103856
            Nice, looks awesome.

What's the switch just to the right of the Sport button?

Comment

Originally posted by Casa de Mesa View Post
              You a cop?

Comment

Originally posted by eacmen View Post

You a cop?
                Yep.

Comment

Dropped it off at a body shop
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by 02_lsb; 05-08-2021, 05:19 PM.
                  Just some old shitty cars.

Comment

Originally posted by Casa de Mesa View Post

Nice, looks awesome.

Kills the halos, otherwise they are always on when the headlights are on.
                    2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
                    Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
                    Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
                    RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
                    Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post

Kills the halos, otherwise they are always on when the headlights are on.
                      Oh that's pretty slick. I gotta do that.

Thanks. I was wondering what it might be (clearly) as I haven't seen a switch in the spot before. Curiosity and all that.

Comment

Originally posted by bumada View Post
                        Been waiting awhile for parts but finally got started with Coilover installation and test fitting new wheels.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
                        Nice, thinking of getting a set of regas myself for super light track wheels even though I'm not a five spoke guy.
                        2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

New tie rods and boots for the steering rack. Next will be new diff bushings, for which advice I thank everyone who coached me through how to get that done!

Comment

e46 Sedan CF roof installation is completed, glad thats over with.

Attached Files
                            Last edited by nextelbuddy; 05-09-2021, 07:10 PM.

Comment

Picked our 04 up the other week. Long wait for even a temp plate (did a private party purchase) here in Virginia at the moment. Dropped it off at the shop to get the alternator swapped out. Prior owner had a car quest one in that was giving the red battery light at high revs. Luckily he had a new valeo unit ready, just not installed. Also found fuel line and sending unit issue.

Oh, and already got our dimming mirror back from the radar-mirror team and it looks great.

So once all that and cursory oil change and other filter changes are done, we should be ready to rock and roll. Just need those plates....

Comment

Got a fresh new key from thebmwminipartstore.com, and sync'd it up. Provided my VIN & copy of license/registration, they mailed a couple days later....5min program, done.

My cousin got me the keychain. Finally have 2 keys now.
                                Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1232.JPG Views:	0 Size:	114.0 KB ID:	104776
                                Last edited by antknee; 05-14-2021, 05:49 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X