No announcement yet.

What did you do for your M3 today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally installed trans and engine mounts I bought a few years ago.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by wahsm View Post

Oh you going to enjoy the feeling of the solid subframe mounts. You re-enforcing the subframe as well? Did you get a new steering coupler? I would suggest doing that at the same time. Fairly easy to replace, can be a pain to get back in, but just need to be patient with it, some people goes back together easy, others like myself have to unlock wheel and persuade it a bit more.
      I have the Vincebar but I think I'll install everything first while checking the subframe underneath for any cracks. Visually it looks sound but you never know.

I didn't get a new steering coupler but I'll order one now. Thanks for the tip.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

Newest acquisition:

Recaro Pole Position ABE's de-badged and trimmed in M texture to match. Breykrause brackets on their way to mount to a set of OEM manual sliders.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20210810_173855.jpg Views:	0 Size:	222.5 KB ID:	119923

Click image for larger version  Name:	20210810_173907.jpg Views:	0 Size:	112.0 KB ID:	119924 Click image for larger version  Name:	20210810_173928.jpg Views:	0 Size:	127.6 KB ID:	119925

Click image for larger version  Name:	20210810_173915.jpg Views:	0 Size:	230.4 KB ID:	119922

Comment

Perfect
          DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
          /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
          More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Picked up my new diff yesterday.

3.85 gear ratio
            Drexler clutch type lsd, 8 plate lightweight version

Spent today putting it into the car.

First test drive made the success clear: no more clunk. 😌

Gesendet von meinem LON-L29 mit Tapatalk

Comment

Had my seats redone, finally found the time to drive up to CT and have them installed. They turned out exactly like i hoped they would.

Comment

Today it was a "what my M3 did for me" day.
                Tossed a 69 DME Signal, engine temperature implausible.
                Give and take...the foundation of a healthy relatioship, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Thoglan View Post
                  Newest acquisition:

Recaro Pole Position ABE's de-badged and trimmed in M texture to match. Breykrause brackets on their way to mount to a set of OEM manual sliders.

Click image for larger version Name:	20210810_173855.jpg Views:	0 Size:	222.5 KB ID:	119923

Click image for larger version Name:	20210810_173907.jpg Views:	0 Size:	112.0 KB ID:	119924 Click image for larger version Name:	20210810_173928.jpg Views:	0 Size:	127.6 KB ID:	119925

Click image for larger version Name:	20210810_173915.jpg Views:	0 Size:	230.4 KB ID:	119922
                  Jesus these are beautiful. I need a set 👌
                  Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

I’m about to drop my car off to have 2 of the big 3 done.

Vanos
                    Rod bearings (engine mounts)
                    Cooling system overhaul
                    Euro header and euro sec 1 install (bn o2 sensors)
                    Eventuri intake
                    New Valeo Alternator
                    Ecu cooling fan to eliminate the crickets
                    Avin Avant head unit

I’m looking to have the car tuned by Hassan once it’s all said and done. I’ve been collecting the parts since covid hit. Now I’m ready to have her freshened up.

Comment

I changed the fuel filter a couple of days ago. I'm hoping it's not the original at 140k miles but it might be.

Last night I broke my diffuser into pieces trying to get it off. I guess I don't understand how the OE clips work. Installed the SCZA with a bit of difficulty. The tips are going to require some patience to get lined up properly. I'll have the B&B section 3 up for sale in Texas soon.​​
                      Last edited by Circa Surviven; 08-20-2021, 12:53 PM.
                      Garage:
                      2002 BMW M3: Slicktop jetblack/cinnamon. SMG to 6-speed. Arc-8's. Koni yellows/Dinan springs. Macht elbow. Megan headers. Stock section 1+AR20. SCZA section 3.
                      1998 Mercedes E300 Turbodiesel: Pizza bag warmer.

Comment

Didn't like the billy boat?

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
                          Didn't like the billy boat?
                          My girlfriend didn't. Everytime I switched lanes to pass someone she thought I was being a "typical BMW driver" because of how loud it was.
                          Garage:
                          2002 BMW M3: Slicktop jetblack/cinnamon. SMG to 6-speed. Arc-8's. Koni yellows/Dinan springs. Macht elbow. Megan headers. Stock section 1+AR20. SCZA section 3.

Comment

Ya, it's pretty loud. I didn't think SCZA was THAT much quieter. Do you have impressions yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
                              Ya, it's pretty loud. I didn't think SCZA was THAT much quieter. Do you have impressions yet?
                              Hard to explain. For sure quieter. Believe it or not, more pronounced rasp even with an AR 20 welded into section 1. The b&b and SCZA have a different deep tone at the baseline, if that makes sense. I do miss the b&b screams/shriek at higher rpms, but supposedly the SCZA gets louder as it ages. At least I can ease my gf into the loudness coming back.
                              Garage:

Comment

I have Billy boat and love it. Deep tone until getting on throttle. Plan to add Rogue section one to keep rasp down.

Comment

Working...
                                X