X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prepped for a rebuilt head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Finally got some cooler weather. Removed my section 1, split the pipes, and added the second OEM resonated pipe.

Comment

Finally got my OEM CSL trunk + Mile End composite front bumper installed this past weekend
        Click image for larger version

Name:	m3.jpg
Views:	739
Size:	72.5 KB
ID:	117125 Click image for larger version

Name:	m3 csl.jpg
Views:	726
Size:	103.5 KB
ID:	117126
        '02 E46 ///M3 CSL Alpine|Imola

Comment

Originally posted by SVPREME View Post
          Finally got my OEM CSL trunk + Mile End composite front bumper installed this past weekend
          Click image for larger version

Name:	m3.jpg
Views:	739
Size:	72.5 KB
ID:	117125 Click image for larger version

Name:	m3 csl.jpg
Views:	726
Size:	103.5 KB
ID:	117126
          Man, this looks incredible! Wow

Comment

Taking a pair of brand new Apex ARC-8/Continental esc back to have the leaking valve stems (also brand new) replaced.
            I would recommend against using the Apex valve stems.
            They look shite anyway.

Comment

Had some on and off cold start issues. 71k miles and would t start on the first crack. I would always have to prime the fuel pump. Installed a new oem fuel pump and it seems to be good so far. Fingers crossed.

Comment

Originally posted by FBloggs View Post
                Taking a pair of brand new Apex ARC-8/Continental esc back to have the leaking valve stems (also brand new) replaced.
                I would recommend against using the Apex valve stems.
                They look shite anyway.
                I was also disappointed with Apex's choice of valve stems. Flimsy and certainly shite looking
                '05 M3 Convertible 6MT, CB/Cinnamon, CSL Airbox&Flap, PCSTuning, Beisan, Schrick 288/280, SS V1's & 2.5" System, RE Stg 1&SMF, KW V2, CB PS, Apex EC-7R

Comment

Rediscovered comfort mode.

I've been driving the car around with stock everything for a couple weeks, so no sport mode memory. Comfort mode certainly makes the car a bit more enjoyable to drive around town. It's slightly too lazy between 0-10% throttle, but the rest is great.

I had already messed with my sport mode map to make it less aggressive below 50% throttle (stock sport makes the car waaay too jerky at small throttle inputs IMO), but I think I need to make it even less aggressive. If I'm driving the car hard, I'll probably be past 50% throttle all the time, so it's not like it'll make the car feel any more sluggish.
                  2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post
                    Rediscovered comfort mode.

I've been driving the car around with stock everything for a couple weeks, so no sport mode memory. Comfort mode certainly makes the car a bit more enjoyable to drive around town. It's slightly too lazy between 0-10% throttle, but the rest is great.

I had already messed with my sport mode map to make it less aggressive below 50% throttle (stock sport makes the car waaay too jerky at small throttle inputs IMO), but I think I need to make it even less aggressive. If I'm driving the car hard, I'll probably be past 50% throttle all the time, so it's not like it'll make the car feel any more sluggish.
                    After I bought the car, I thought that it was sluggish around town. Engage sport mode. That got really old after a week, and Nearly two years later, I have not used it at all.
                    I have never turned the DSC off either.

Comment

Ive used sport mode for a total of about 60 secs total ever.

Horrible mapping.
                      2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

The PO owner of my car had a "Pedal Commander" installed, it's a simple plug/play item. I really do like it after thinking it was sort of a childish item at first. Basically throttle mapping on the fly, no need to flash the DME or use the overly sensitive (imo) sport mode. It has 4 settings each of which has 4 sensitivity levels.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/pedalco...h-bmw-3-series
                        Last edited by Cubieman; 07-30-2021, 02:08 PM.
                        2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
                        Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
                        Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
                        RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
                        Instagram

Comment

I cleared a code!

Anyone selling euro headers with euro section 1?
                          E46 M3 Coupe - 09/04 Production, 103k miles, Black/Black, 6MT swap, AS 0% kit, BBS RG-R + AS4’s, CSL flash, Karbonius airbox, Euro header + Section 1, Koni Yellow, Xtrons, SAP Delete, lockdowns complete

Comment

Yeah the stock sport mode map is way too touchy. On my regular setup (i.e. not stock), I've modified the sport map to make it less touchy, but driving around in comfort mode has made me want to make it even less touchy.
                            2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Got the rest of my OEM+ suspension components today for the complete OEM+ front and rear suspension refresh project. Pulling it all together with the ST Suspension XTAs, front Hotchkiss sway bar and Turner rear camber arms. Subframe is fitted with CMP solid subframe bushings, and CMP RTABs. Everything else is OE/OEM. The Hotchkiss front sway bar and these Turner bushing LCAs took the longest to come in. Waited nearly 4 months for all of this, so they must be doing well in terms of demand, or a clogged up supply chain with limited supply, either way, I'm stoked.

In my research on the BMWNA forums the wait was worth it for both items, the sway bar being hollow was a no brainer, and these camber arms are just beautiful. Going to be doing a build journal with this 2nd owner 2003 M3 I was finally able to acquire.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by WestBankM4 View Post
                                Got the rest of my OEM+ suspension components today for the complete OEM+ front and rear suspension refresh project. Pulling it all together with the ST Suspension XTAs, front Hotchkiss sway bar and Turner rear camber arms. Subframe is fitted with CMP solid subframe bushings, and CMP RTABs. Everything else is OE/OEM. The Hotchkiss front sway bar and these Turner bushing LCAs took the longest to come in. Waited nearly 4 months for all of this, so they must be doing well in terms of demand, or a clogged up supply chain with limited supply, either way, I'm stoked.

In my research on the BMWNA forums the wait was worth it for both items, the sway bar being hollow was a no brainer, and these camber arms are just beautiful. Going to be doing a build journal with this 2nd owner 2003 M3 I was finally able to acquire.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
                                Oh you going to enjoy the feeling of the solid subframe mounts. You re-enforcing the subframe as well? Did you get a new steering coupler? I would suggest doing that at the same time. Fairly easy to replace, can be a pain to get back in, but just need to be patient with it, some people goes back together easy, others like myself have to unlock wheel and persuade it a bit more.

Comment

Working...
                                X