What did you do for your M3 today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SQ13 View Post

Imola red conversion. Always loved the TiAg/IR combo, so that’s what I’m gonna do. Seats + door cards.
    IR on Tiag would look awesome!

Comment

First time for me and the car (under my ownership) at a track, wow what fun and what a challenge as well. Now I just need a 2nd one that I don't feel so bad tossing around.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20220922_150247.jpg
Views:	549
Size:	176.2 KB
ID:	185665
      2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
      Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
      Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
      RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
      Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post
        First time for me and the car (under my ownership) at a track, wow what fun and what a challenge as well. Now I just need a 2nd one that I don't feel so bad tossing around.

Nice! The track is definitely where the car feels most at home.

No need for a second one if you make sure the weak spots have been taken care of (which I'm pretty sure you've done already) and keep up with your maintenance. These cars love being thrown around on the track.

IMO, the best thing about the E46 M3 is that it can be a decently nice street car and a great track car at the same time.
        2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

For science I adjusted the GC sway bar to the stiffest I could without rubbing. Car handles like dogshit now. Steering is so slow to react, and feels like it’s more prone to oversteer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Name:	IMG_20220922_142136_104.jpg
Views:	481
Size:	104.1 KB
ID:	185854 Vanos refresh

Comment

Replaced dtm control arm bushings.

Gesendet von meinem LON-L29 mit Tapatalk

Comment

Restoring the set of m-texture door cards I picked up for 60USD by swapping the inserts into clean vinyls. The original vinyl sections were ripped and scuffed. Found a pretty much mint set of donor coupe door cards for 100 dollars to use for the vinyl sections. So all in a full set of now pretty much perfect m-tex cards for $160 feels pretty good.
                Click image for larger version  Name:	Dur5ZKZ.jpg Views:	0 Size:	151.8 KB ID:	186243 Click image for larger version  Name:	1rjvKr7.jpg Views:	0 Size:	134.2 KB ID:	186244
                With how good these came out they will almost certainly replace my retrimmed ones which I had done a year or so ago. The reproduction fabric just looks and feels so much worse than OE imo. My car is a factory m-texture car which had the door cards retrimmed poorly in leather prior to my ownership so having these done feels like righting a wrong. Might have to get my original front seats out of storage to rock the fully OEM interior for a while.
                Last edited by Thoglan; 09-27-2022, 07:27 PM.

Comment

The top on my vert decided to not finish the job closing when I left for work the other day. Got it up/locked manually and spent all of 2 minutes this morning identifying the problem. Little bit of wire, solder, heat shrink and rewrapping it, all good to go again in this freaking gorgeous weather we're having in TN at the moment.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by eacmen View Post
                    For science I adjusted the GC sway bar to the stiffest I could without rubbing. Car handles like dogshit now. Steering is so slow to react, and feels like it’s more prone to oversteer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Front or rear? For science. I'm told a stiffer front sway bar = more under steer, but I've read differently, here and elsewhere.

maw

Comment

Originally posted by SQ13 View Post
                      Imola red conversion. Always loved the TiAg/IR combo, so that’s what I’m gonna do. Seats + door cards.
                      That combo is too classic to argue about. Any lingering flood issues?

GL

maw

Comment

Installed Supersprint 2.5" Sec. 2 for a full 2.5" exhaust now, most definitely a bit quieter compared to stock Sec. 2 but pulls a bit harder down low, nothing crazy, wasnt expecting much. Fitment was spot on which was quite nice!
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	20220927_224157.jpg Views:	7 Size:	179.7 KB ID:	186687 Click image for larger version  Name:	20220929_213114.jpg Views:	8 Size:	109.9 KB ID:	186686
                        Last edited by Cubieman; 10-01-2022, 09:32 PM.

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by maw1124 View Post

That combo is too classic to argue about. Any lingering flood issues?

GL

maw
                          The yaw/rotation rate sensor under the seat is going out at 100k miles. I’m sure it’s related to the flooding given that it was submerged in floodwater…started acting up about four years after the flooding. Everything else seems to be fine.
                          Silver Track to Street Car Journal
                          Interlagos Blue Street Car Journal

Comment

Hastings is a fun track! I need to get back there next year

Comment

Originally posted by Wernd View Post

Hastings is a fun track! I need to get back there next year
                              Most definitely, I am thinking of joining the club next year and making it a regular thing, was recently re-surfaced as well.

Instagram

Comment

Installed Supersprint 2.5" Sec. 2 for a full 2.5" exhaust now, most definitely a bit quieter compared to stock Sec. 2 but pulls a bit harder down low, nothing crazy, wasnt expecting much. Fitment was spot on which was quite nice!
                                Click image for larger version  Name:	20220927_224157.jpg Views:	7 Size:	179.7 KB ID:	186687 Click image for larger version  Name:	20220929_213114.jpg Views:	8 Size:	109.9 KB ID:	186686
                                I've been thinking about doing that.

Does the SS Sec 2 reduce rasp by a considerable amount vs stock?

Gesendet von meinem LON-L29 mit Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X