What did you do for your M3 today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by maw1124 View Post

What do these do? Are they better or worse?

maw
    Maintenance item. Per Dinan website these are performance and better than stock.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

2004 Jet Black/Cinnamon 6spd ///M3
    Build///Journal
    IG: Khan_Art_

Comment

Originally posted by KhanArt View Post
      Per Dinan website these are performance and better than stock.
      Did they give any indication why they were “better than stock” that convinced you, or just slap their name and the word “performance” on them?

Anyone else have experience with these or “performance” coil packs?

maw

Comment

I have them, I changed them just as preventative maintenance. I did not notice anything, bad or good. Whether or not they are an upgrade is to be seen. I say they are just an option with some bling

Comment

Originally posted by maw1124 View Post

Did they give any indication why they were “better than stock” that convinced you, or just slap their name and the word “performance” on them?

Anyone else have experience with these or “performance” coil packs?

maw
          Go to their website and read the description. If you want further information you can shoot Dinan an email. They provide 10% more energy output than stock for a stronger and consistent spark. A immediate difference was noted but that also has a great deal to do with replacing almost 20 year old stock coil packs.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

2004 Jet Black/Cinnamon 6spd ///M3
          Build///Journal
          IG: Khan_Art_

Comment

Originally posted by maupineda View Post
            I have them, I changed them just as preventative maintenance. I did not notice anything, bad or good. Whether or not they are an upgrade is to be seen. I say they are just an option with some bling
            What it looks like from what I've read. I'd be surprised if it was actually anything more. I notice some group called Ignition Projects has some with similar claims for about 4x the price. I was beginning to wonder how I missed this low hanging fruit the last 15 years on 3 performance Germans.

maw

Comment

Another night in the underground lair!

Polished an Eisenmann muffler made in 2002 and been winter driven!! Look like new again.

Also made rear shock towers reinforcement plates for a member’s track car here who wants to run a true coilover rear setup.
              2002 BMW E46 M3 Titanium Silver/Black 6mt
              2006 BMW E46 M3 Individual Estoril blue/Black 6mt
              2019 BMW X3 M40i Phytonic blue/Tartufo Individual

Comment

And now I am working on a ‘’custom’’ Euro cats section1. Bought this low mileage Z4M Coupe cats section 1 and will make it fit my E46 M3 Laguna Seca

I already made this setup in the past. I was also modifying US Z4M section 1 with O2 sensors bungs and EGT bung like the Euro Z4M section 1 for other Zpost member back when I had my ESS sc Z4M Coupe.

Z4M section 1 is 3-1/4’’ longer and flanges between section 1 & section 2 don’t have the same bolt pattern, flanges needs to be cut, rotate and weld back. The heat shield around the cats needs to be removed cause pipes aren’t exactly center to center between Z4M section 1 and E46 M3 section 2. And finally, flanges between headers and section 1 needs to be cut and shorten by 3-1/4’’.
                2002 BMW E46 M3 Titanium Silver/Black 6mt
                2006 BMW E46 M3 Individual Estoril blue/Black 6mt
                2019 BMW X3 M40i Phytonic blue/Tartufo Individual

Comment

An expensive but worthwhile upgrade!

Comment

MK60 upgrade. Bought a used system, unfortunately it had some rust on it.

Sanded down the brake booster, removed the rust, and spray painted it. Not perfect, but good enough for a can spray.

Gesendet von meinem Pixel 7 mit Tapatalk

Comment

Dropped the rear subframe to do a full refresh and to install a topside brace. I'm glad I did, some of the rust on it was pretty concerning so I ordered a good condition used one that I'll swap everything over to.

This is the first time I've tackled a project like this on the car and, to be honest, it really wasn't that bad. The worst part was having to cut off the eccentric bolt that had seized inside the lower camber arm bushing on both sides. Luckily I have a new set of Bimmerworld arms to replace them with.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3847.jpg Views:	0 Size:	225.3 KB ID:	221309 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3849.jpg Views:	0 Size:	130.9 KB ID:	221310
                      Last edited by eisen; 06-10-2023, 05:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gt4 View Post
                        And now I am working on a ‘’custom’’ Euro cats section1. Bought this low mileage Z4M Coupe cats section 1 and will make it fit my E46 M3 Laguna Seca

I already made this setup in the past. I was also modifying US Z4M section 1 with O2 sensors bungs and EGT bung like the Euro Z4M section 1 for other Zpost member back when I had my ESS sc Z4M Coupe.

Z4M section 1 is 3-1/4’’ longer and flanges between section 1 & section 2 don’t have the same bolt pattern, flanges needs to be cut, rotate and weld back. The heat shield around the cats needs to be removed cause pipes aren’t exactly center to center between Z4M section 1 and E46 M3 section 2. And finally, flanges between headers and section 1 needs to be cut and shorten by 3-1/4’’.
                        Thats a very cool idea and mod!

Comment

DIY'd the valve adjustment this weekend. Found the cause of the pronounced tap at idle: two very loose exhaust valve tolerances for cyl.6. Car's ticking is either gone or much quieter now at idle and just sounds like a bunch of mechanical noises rather than a distinct tap.

Also resolved my fears of worn camshafts or followers. They all looked good.

However, snapped off the damned upper portion of the valve cover stud on the front of the engine.Click image for larger version

Name:	20230611_110202.jpg
Views:	356
Size:	154.6 KB
ID:	221474
                          Attached Files
                          "your BMW has how many miles!?"

2003 (2/03) M3 coupe Imolarot/Black 6 M/T - JRZ RS One 450/550 - Ground Control Street - SDW RTAB - TMS Street ARCA - Redish V2 - TMS solid subframe bushings - Volk Racing G2 18x9.5 - StopTech ST40 355 (coming soon) - Beisan Systems VANOS parts - WPC OE rod bearings - Karbonius CSL airbox - Kassel MSS54HP DME - Kassel MAP sensor - Euro headers and Section 1 - SuperSprint Sport - Recaro Speed - Schroth Rallye 4 QF - AS 30% SSK

build/journal
                          ig: @zzyzx85

Comment

Zamn zzyzx zat zucks.

That would annoy me to no end.
                            2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Originally posted by jet_dogg View Post
                              Zamn zzyzx zat zucks.

That would annoy me to no end.
                              Yep. expensive lesson learned.
                              "your BMW has how many miles!?"

2003 (2/03) M3 coupe Imolarot/Black 6 M/T - JRZ RS One 450/550 - Ground Control Street - SDW RTAB - TMS Street ARCA - Redish V2 - TMS solid subframe bushings - Volk Racing G2 18x9.5 - StopTech ST40 355 (coming soon) - Beisan Systems VANOS parts - WPC OE rod bearings - Karbonius CSL airbox - Kassel MSS54HP DME - Kassel MAP sensor - Euro headers and Section 1 - SuperSprint Sport - Recaro Speed - Schroth Rallye 4 QF - AS 30% SSK

build/journal
                              ig: @zzyzx85

Comment

Audio delete, new euro parcel shelf and new c pillars going in

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2567.jpg
Views:	601
Size:	172.5 KB
ID:	221572

Name:	IMG_2575.jpg
Views:	590
Size:	210.0 KB
ID:	221574

Name:	IMG_2578.jpg