What did you do for your M3 today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Altaran View Post
    Swapped the Mishimoto fan with a Spal unit.
    I used the nail mounts that go through the radiator. The Mishimoto worked fine, though I don't need the separate control unit anymore since the Emu black can directly control the fan using the water sensors in the motor which is a lot better than using a probe in the radiator.
    I also fitted fitted switches in the cabin, one of which now manually turns on the fan.
    The Spal also runs quieter (not that it matters on my car, can't hear shit inside anyways since it's pretty much stripped).

Gesendet von meinem Pixel 7 mit Tapatalk

Is the spal fan the curved blade fan, or the straight blade fan?

Comment

Originally posted by Wernd View Post

Is the spal fan the curved blade fan, or the straight blade fan?
      The curved blade unit.
      It's part number VA18-AP71/LL-59A 12V.

2002 E46 M3 TiAg Coupé >> full tracktool conversion @m346gt
      2000 986 Boxster S >> ice cream getter
      Past: E46 330Ci, 944S2, 996 C4S

Comment

Swapped the Mishimoto fan with a Spal unit.
        I used the nail mounts that go through the radiator. The Mishimoto worked fine, though I don't need the separate control unit anymore since the Emu black can directly control the fan using the water sensors in the motor which is a lot better than using a probe in the radiator.
        I also fitted fitted switches in the cabin, one of which now manually turns on the fan.
        The Spal also runs quieter (not that it matters on my car, can't hear shit inside anyways since it's pretty much stripped).

Do you have some more pictures of the interior? And the whole car in fact? That looks awesome
        http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
        '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
        '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Originally posted by Nate047 View Post

Do you have some more pictures of the interior? And the whole car in fact? That looks awesome
          I definitely need to take more pictures. Right now it's still a sort of work in progress but I will make more when I start driving it again.
          I made an IG for the car (@m346gt), but I have not been good at periodic pic uploads 🤣

Comment

I definitely need to take more pictures. Right now it's still a sort of work in progress but I will make more when I start driving it again.
            I made an IG for the car (@m346gt), but I have not been good at periodic pic uploads 🤣

Nice, I checked out your IG, yours is US car brought into Germany? I DM’d you earlier and that’s actually exactly what I’m trying to get some info about lol.
            http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
            '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
            '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Originally posted by Nate047 View Post

Nice, I checked out your IG, yours is US car brought into Germany? I DM'd you earlier and that's actually exactly what I'm trying to get some info about lol.
              Oh yeah just noticed that 😅
              You've got mail.

Comment

I started some VANOS work. Mainly I am switching back to the correct diaphragm springs for the S54. I am still debating if I install my VANOS as is or bite the bullet and get the Beisan hub.

very clean inside

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0848.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	191.3 KB
ID:	272747

Name:	IMG_0847.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	218.4 KB
ID:	272748

Comment

maupineda As-is. Keep the 400 for another upgrade

Comment

Got a new shifter knob from FCP Euro. Also saw I could reverse the fuel door spring to fix it not closing as well.

Also took the car to a body shop to see what fixing up some of the cosmetic issues would take to fix. Mostly the clearcoat on the right side of the bumper behind the wheel that's peeling.

I'm really not looking forward to seeing what the estimate for all the work is going to be. Lolol

Comment

Originally posted by maupineda View Post
                      I started some VANOS work. Mainly I am switching back to the correct diaphragm springs for the S54. I am still debating if I install my VANOS as is or bite the bullet and get the Beisan hub.

very clean inside

Name:	IMG_0848.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	191.3 KB
ID:	272747

Name:	IMG_0847.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	218.4 KB
ID:	272748
                      If your hub is not damaged, just get the disc with the correct diameter bore and save the rest.
                      Only need a new hub if the old one is damaged.

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post

Why don't we put it in my car so we can finally determine if it's any louder or better sounding than the CF trumpets (that I currently have)
                        I finally put the full carbon race airbox in my car. I'm just going off memory and I don't know if it's just in my head because it was mentioned, but it seems to have a little less bark down low. I haven't had a chance to drive it around on the top end yet.
                        2001 TiAG M3 - 6mt Coupe, Anthracite Impuse
                        Fabspeed Headers | Euro Sec 1 | OE Sec 2 | Scorpion Sec 3 | Beisan | Mini Battery | Fortune Auto 7k/12k | Hotchkis Front SB | Apex ARC-8 18x9.5 | Yellow Tag Rack

2001 TiAG M3 - 6mt Coupe, Black Nappa Leather
                        Karbonius | Supersprint | Cat Cams | Beisan | Fikse Wheels | Mile End Composites | AST 5200 | Hotchkis | Brembo | Recaro | Rouge SMF | RTD | Yellow Tag Rack | HTE Performance

Comment

very clean inside

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0848.jpg Views:	44 Size:	191.3 KB ID:	272747

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0847.jpg Views:	43 Size:	218.4 KB ID:	272748
                          Which car is that? MZ4?

Comment

The curved blade unit.
                            It's part number VA18-AP71/LL-59A 12V.

According to spal the curved blade fans stall out easily. They recommended straight blade fan VA33-AP71/LL-65A P/12V

Comment

Originally posted by Wernd View Post

According to spal the curved blade fans stall out easily. They recommended straight blade fan VA33-AP71/LL-65A P/12V
                              That is also a curve blade fan.

Mike
                              02 M3 Titanium Silver/Black
                              11 Tundra SuperWhite/Black
                              16 X5

Comment

Do you have vanos tests from before? It would be really curious to see what the test shows before and after with the only change being the springs.
                                '09 HP2S, '12 R12GSA, '00 Black 323iT, '02 Alpine 325iT (Track Wagon), '02 Alpine 330iT
                                Instagram @HillPerformanceBimmers
                                Email to George@HillPerformance.com

Comment

Working...
                                X