No announcement yet.

What did you do for your M3 today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Washed and detailed the car. Replaced the quarter window weather finisher and then added an ESS supercharger to cart and stared at that for a few…
    Oh, and installed Motorsport hardware stud conversion with race nuts in gunmetal.

Comment

Spent $600 on new A/B/C pillar covers. (Fixing sagging interior fabric is my least favourite E46 activity)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      2005 ///M3 SMG Coupe Silbergrau Metallic/CSL bucket seats
      Build Thread:
      https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...e46-m3-journal

Comment

Originally posted by karter16 View Post
        Spent $600 on new A/B/C pillar covers. (Fixing sagging interior fabric is my least favourite E46 activity)

Any idea how long new ones last? Mine were pretty solid from when I bought the car until I started driving with the windows down. Haven’t bothered getting a new ones as it isn’t terrible atm.

Comment

Originally posted by Notan_S54 View Post

Any idea how long new ones last? Mine were pretty solid from when I bought the car until I started driving with the windows down. Haven't bothered getting a new ones as it isn't terrible atm.
          I don't really. I'd have gone the BM-3109 route last year but my current ones are broken around the mounting points, so recovering isn't a solution for me.

On my 318 the fabric let go at about 8 years old, that car had sat in the sun most its life though. My M3 made it to 17 before it let go, having spent much less time (during my ownership anyway) in the sun.

I'd be happy if I get 17 years out of the next set.

2005 ///M3 SMG Coupe Silbergrau Metallic/CSL bucket seats
          Build Thread:
          https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...e46-m3-journal

Comment

They have arrived, well actually had to pick them up from Sonoma Raceway.

I decided the wait wasn't worth the vinyl model so I upgraded to the leather and cloth.

Wiring up the mounts as we speak, I'm almost to the finish line.

Sent from my Pixel 9 Pro XL using Tapatalk

Comment

BlueBus with TCE adapter, and factory mic P/N 51167836442. But, having realized my overhead console cover is degrading (fabric coming off and the foam has lost its elasticity), going to replace that too.

So far, the unit works great, and I'm really liking being able to activate triple blink without having to re-code my LCM.

EDIT: Not sure why my picture is getting rotated 90deg.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1355.jpg Views:	0 Size:	149.3 KB ID:	278720
              Attached Files

Comment

After almost 6 years, I finally installed the passenger side Recaro Speed. I really haven't been motivated to install it but now that I have a daily, I feel more at ease about more complicated installs.

I bought an extra occupancy sensor mat to install. it was pretty easy to slip in between the foam and the support mesh underneath the seat.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20240913_181632.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	160.9 KB
ID:	278741
                Click image for larger version

Name:	20240913_170908.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	197.5 KB
ID:	278742
                "your BMW has how many miles!?"

2003 (2/03) M3 coupe Imolarot/Black 6 M/T - JRZ RS One 450/550 - Ground Control Street - SDW RTAB - TMS Street ARCA - Redish V2 - TMS solid subframe bushings - Volk Racing G2 18x9.5 - StopTech ST40 355 (coming soon) - Beisan Systems VANOS parts - WPC OE rod bearings - Karbonius CSL airbox - Kassel MSS54HP DME - Kassel MAP sensor - Euro headers and Section 1 - SuperSprint Sport - Recaro Speed - Schroth Rallye 4 QF - AS 30% SSK

build/journal
                ig: @zzyzx85

Comment

I'm in the middle of a Leatherique treatment on these 20 years old seats - had to go out this morning and apply some more they were thirsty

Comment

Originally posted by Rokoz View Post
                    I'm in the middle of a Leatherique treatment on these 20 years old seats - had to go out this morning and apply some more they were thirsty
                    This stuff is absolutely the best. I just finished applying it to a set of seats that had dried out in the sun, so much so the threads were being pulled because of shrinkage. After using the two Leatherique products, it's so plush now. Amazing stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by WestBankM4 View Post

I decided the wait wasn't worth the vinyl model so I upgraded to the leather and cloth.

You're gonna need to bring that thing over once it's finished!
                      2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Swapped the Air filter. It's an evolve airbox, the old one was a bit filthy. Went with original BMW (=BMC) this time. So in case anyone is wondering, yes the standard CSL size fits the evolve box. I was looking around for this on the internet and could not find a definitive answer, so here it is.

Gesendet von meinem Pixel 7 mit Tapatalk

2002 E46 M3 TiAg Coupé >> full tracktool conversion @m346gt
                        2000 986 Boxster S >> ice cream getter
                        Past: E46 330Ci, 944S2, 996 C4S

Comment

My man.. these seats look epic. Can't wait to see them in the car. Installed pics are mandatory

Build thread: Topaz Blue to Shark Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Feffman View Post
                            Ordered a Dailey dry sump system. God help me!

Feff

Looking forward to your thoughts on this.

Comment

Damn these are NICE. Would love to see these in person at some point since you are local. There are a couple cars and coffees and I frequent that you might be interested. What's the cost on these?

Comment

Working...
                              X