What did you do for your M3 today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by George Hill View Post

Do you have vanos tests from before? It would be really curious to see what the test shows before and after with the only change being the springs.
    I do not have test from before, just after. All tests passed and pressure tests are in spec (per my sale thread). the only "note" is the reaction time is 290ms, which are a bit high for my liking. I will share the reaction times after the spring change so we will have a before and after.

Tolerance on ISTA for reaction time is 500ms!!!

Comment

Originally posted by maupineda View Post

I do not have test from before, just after. All tests passed and pressure tests are in spec (per my sale thread). the only "note" is the reaction time is 290ms, which are a bit high for my liking. I will share the reaction times after the spring change so we will have a before and after.

Tolerance on ISTA for reaction time is 500ms!!!
      Oh I meant from before the spring swap, sounds like you do. This will be an interesting A-B test.

All the cars I've tested are on the verge of spec when fresh, but after some miles settle well into the range. But I've been curious about this change since it was brought up on the forum awhile back.
      '09 HP2S, '12 R12GSA, '00 Black 323iT, '02 Alpine 325iT (Track Wagon), '02 Alpine 330iT
      Instagram @HillPerformanceBimmers
      Email to George@HillPerformance.com

Comment

Originally posted by nuc1 View Post

That is also a curve blade fan.

Mike
        LOL, yeah it is! I'll have to check the box when I get home

Comment

Originally posted by George Hill View Post

Do you have vanos tests from before? It would be really curious to see what the test shows before and after with the only change being the springs.
          I'm in for more details. I have my Vanos just about ready to go back on after I tap the Stud threads for a Time-sert. Looks like I may reinstall the S54 Diaphragms. I hadn't read about this yet.

Comment

Used the following DIY to fix the faded speaker cover on my passenger door:

Passenger Door

Driver Door

Using Rit Black All Purpose Dye, I masked off the area and got to work:

I was able to achieve the following results:

​​

2005 BMW M3 (6MT) Instagram
            2021 BMW M340i

Need to stock up on some detailing products or spiff up your garage, then use my Obsessed Garage link!

My Slow Burn (M3 build thread)
            My DOUBLE thread (garage build)

Comment

My son and I were cooking PFC 331 brake pads and rotors. In goes some brake cooling!
              Attached Files

Comment

Installed new center console

Comment

Got my new shift knob today. I'd say the old one was ready to be retired.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Slideways View Post
                    maupineda As-is. Keep the 400 for another upgrade
                    just to share I chose to go VAC for the exhaust hub

Comment

Interior project is still underway. BavSound Stage 1 speakers, RF 6x9's have been installed in the sub box, and now wiring for the Dynavin 9 is taking place.

Finished the rear parcel shelf, swapped over all new OEM parts in black, minus the shelf which was faded so I painted it using fabric/carpet dye. Came out ok along with the touch, still soft.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Comment

New ZHP shift knob and RG boot. Nice upgrade from the broomstick. I also did a fresh Nappa leather center armrest.

Comment

Gave the steering wheel a clean with warm water as I was starting to detect an ever so slight stickiness where my hands usually rest, also cleaned a small patch of dirt on the seat - absolutely zero idea how it got there - I'm very careful to not get anything on them - anyway, cleaned up easily with lukewarm water.
                          2005 ///M3 SMG Coupe Silbergrau Metallic/CSL bucket seats
                          Build Thread:
                          https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...e46-m3-journal

Comment

Originally posted by eforty6_m3 View Post
                            Used the following DIY to fix the faded speaker cover on my passenger door:

Passenger Door

Driver Door

Using Rit Black All Purpose Dye, I masked off the area and got to work:

I was able to achieve the following results:

​​
                            Wow this looks great! Adding it to my list. I wonder if there's any way to touch up the HK silver as well since my finish look a little worn.

Comment

I got curious on how my cars current exhaust setup sounded so filmed a quick clip!

Here’s how it turned out: https://youtu.be/YGVUW2nKm7g?feature=shared

Comment

New Kenwood DMX809S stereo head unit installed using Enfig wiring harness with custom metal stereo chassis cage and trim panel from InCarTec in the UK . Also installed the Enfig microphone that is designed to fit into the stock mic location in the headliner map light console. Really happy with all the parts, great customer service from Christian at Enfig. Much better sound than the factory navigation head unit. This is a short chassis stereo (shallow mount) so no need to cut anything behind it. Can be easily reverted back to the factory head unit if desired. Loving the wireless Apple CarPlay and HD Radio. Running it with stock Harmon Kardon amps and speakers at the moment, but considering an upgrade to Bavsound Stage 1.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5698.jpg Views:	0 Size:	86.4 KB ID:	273728
                                Last edited by Kazmoto; 07-29-2024, 02:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X