What did you do for your M3 today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kazmoto View Post
    New Kenwood DMX809S stereo head unit installed using Enfig wiring harness with custom metal stereo chassis cage and trim panel from InCarTec in the UK . Also installed the Enfig microphone that is designed to fit into the stock mic location in the headliner map light console. Really happy with all the parts, great customer service from Christian at Enfig. Much better sound than the factory navigation head unit. This is a short chassis stereo (shallow mount) so no need to cut anything behind it. Can be easily reverted back to the factory head unit if desired. Loving the wireless Apple CarPlay and HD Radio. Running it with stock Harmon Kardon amps and speakers at the moment, but considering an upgrade to Bavsound Stage 1.

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_5698.jpg Views:	0 Size:	86.4 KB ID:	273728
    I like that the navigation button on the left are backlit orange. Is that color configurable or is that just how this stereo comes from factory? Those are fixed navigation buttons right?

Comment

Tonight begins some maintenance on the Imola Red M3:

- new CPV valve and viton o-ring replacement
      - Turner power pulleys and new belts
      - new INA pulleys, tensioners, the works
      - new rear main seal
      - valve adjustment
      - new valve gaskets
      - new spark plugs

This is my second (and hopefully last) CPV valve replacement. This time around I only took two hours to get the old one out and the new one swapped back in and torqued to the correct value... absolutely painful procedure if the headers aren't out. Lots of balancing with my fingertips!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Last edited by davidinnyc; 07-30-2024, 02:33 PM.

Comment

Just recently got my car back after four months due to a front end collision. Immediately installed an Antigravity ATX-30 battery with aluminum cage and floor plate (-47 lbs) and OE CSL trunk (-8 lbs? 😭). Didn’t make any adjustments – just lined up the four bolts on the trunk in the exact same spot as the stock trunk.

Ignore the ghetto terminal covers…proper rubber covers are en route.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8809.jpg
Views:	456
Size:	171.1 KB
ID:	273798 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8807.jpg
Views:	442
Size:	43.8 KB
ID:	273797
        Silver Track to Street Car Journal
        Interlagos Blue Street Car Journal

Comment

Drove mine to the dyno today. Will probably get it back by end of next week.

Gesendet von meinem Pixel 7 mit Tapatalk

2002 E46 M3 TiAg Coupé >> full tracktool conversion @m346gt
          2000 986 Boxster S >> ice cream getter
          Past: E46 330Ci, 944S2, 996 C4S

Comment

Originally posted by Altaran View Post
            Drove mine to the dyno today. Will probably get it back by end of next week.

Do you mind sharing who is doing your SW?

Comment

My M3 was in the shop for two weeks awaiting parts, finally got it back. I knew I had an oil leak or two and a temp sensor that caused the car to idle rough and try to stall at a stop on hot days here in Florida...which is almost everyday. After inspection, the shop determined the thermostat, water temp sensor, and water pipe O-ring should be replaced. Identified the oil leaks and replaced the PCV, oil separator, return pipe, and seal ring. They recommended a valve adjustment, so I agreed. Well, low and behold, they took a peek at the VANOS while they were there and saw the exhaust hub tab was cracked, but still in place. All work stopped until the new VANOS unit was delivered from Dr. VANOS was installed along with the VANOS oil line, Cryo exhaust hub, cam bolts, and tensioner chain guide, and finally they completed the valve adjustment. To say my wallet is hurting, is an understatement! BUT, I'm glad to have my M3 back and it's running better than ever!
              /// 2005 Silbergrau M3 · Coupe · 6spd · ZPP · Eibach Pro Street S Coilovers · Sportline CS16 CSL Replica Wheels · PS4S 245/275

Comment

Originally posted by rtrules View Post

Do you mind sharing who is doing your SW?
                They're called B&L Motormanagement. It's a shop about one hour from me here in Bavaria. They do only open ECU Tuning, that's why I went there. No MSS54, so it won't be of much help to most people here 😬

2002 E46 M3 TiAg Coupé >> full tracktool conversion @m346gt
                2000 986 Boxster S >> ice cream getter
                Past: E46 330Ci, 944S2, 996 C4S

Comment

Got rid of the BMW lock nuts. The key actually broke off in one. Found on YouTube that you can hammer on a 12-pt 23mm socket. Then attach a breaker bar and wiggle out the security ring. The 19mm in the locking lug nut removal set from Harbor Freight will do the rest.

Comment

Had to replace a failed battery and found some corrosion and rust in the battery tray. I removed the battery and noticed it was leaking a bit. Looks like water got in there as well and to sum it up...a HUGE mess!

Cleansed the battery tray area, grinding all the rust down to the bare metal, metal prep, and paint...I need to add another coat of Por 15 and Top Coat.

After removing a layer of a acidic corrosion:

After multiple wire brushes using an angle drill:

1 thin coat of Por 15:

New Weize lifepo4 lithium battery along with new battery tray and bolts. The new battery weighs 13.5lbs and comes in at 12V 60Ah 800CCA! Nice weight savings on the rear.

Last edited by Projecte46m3; 07-31-2024, 06:18 AM.
                    2005 E46 ///M3 Interlagos Blue/Cinnamon

BBS - Recaro - JRZ - PFC - Dixis Spirit - Supersprint - Haimus - Vorshlag - RKP - YFCM - Ground Control - DMG Autosport - Diffsonline - Autosolutions - ​Koyo - Mile End Composites - GC

https://www.instagram.com/justanotham4/

Comment

At the same time...working on installing the Karbonius CSL door cards, center console, and Recaro PP ABEs..

BBS - Recaro - JRZ - PFC - Dixis Spirit - Supersprint - Haimus - Vorshlag - RKP - YFCM - Ground Control - DMG Autosport - Diffsonline - Autosolutions - ​Koyo - Mile End Composites - GC

Comment

Completed Vanos Overhaul. Beisan Disk, Rattle Kit, New Seals, Lang racing Cam bolts, Beisan Chain Guide, and Rogue Vanos Oil Line. I opted to keep the s54 Diaphragms. I haven't taken it for a drive yet, but it started and idled good without any CELs. 1 of 3 of the BIG 3 completed. Next on the list is Rod Bearings.
                        Last edited by jdamore44; 07-31-2024, 07:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Projecte46m3 View Post
                          Had to replace a failed battery and found some corrosion and rust in the battery tray. I removed the battery and noticed it was leaking a bit. Looks like water got in there as well and to sum it up...a HUGE mess!

Cleansed the battery tray area, grinding all the rust down to the bare metal, metal prep, and paint...I need to add another coat of Por 15 and Top Coat.

After removing a layer of a acidic corrosion:

After multiple wire brushes using an angle drill:

1 thin coat of Por 15:

New Weize lifepo4 lithium battery along with new battery tray and bolts. The new battery weighs 13.5lbs and comes in at 12V 60Ah 800CCA! Nice weight savings on the rear.

Nice, great job. Where do you think the water ingress was happening?
                          /// 2004 SG/IR - Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by ugaexploder View Post

Nice, great job. Where do you think the water ingress was happening?
                            Most of it was from battery acid corrosion...there was a TON of nasty build up from what appeared to be a leaking battery...I would also assume anything else would come from the tail light seals which is typical.

Comment

Originally posted by Projecte46m3 View Post

Most of it was from battery acid corrosion...there was a TON of nasty build up from what appeared to be a leaking battery...I would also assume anything else would come from the tail light seals which is typical.
                              That battery was only like a year old, so I’m pretty surprised to see it fail like that. Sheesh
                              Silver Track to Street Car Journal
                              Interlagos Blue Street Car Journal

Comment

Originally posted by SQ13 View Post

That battery was only like a year old, so I’m pretty surprised to see it fail like that. Sheesh
                                Yeah I saw the receipt on top of the Duracell battery when I removed it. LOL

Comment

Working...
                                X