What did you do for your M3 today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Projecte46m3 View Post

Most of it was from battery acid corrosion...there was a TON of nasty build up from what appeared to be a leaking battery...I would also assume anything else would come from the tail light seals which is typical.
    Was the vent hose plugged in?

Comment

Originally posted by elrichmeister View Post

I like that the navigation button on the left are backlit orange. Is that color configurable or is that just how this stereo comes from factory? Those are fixed navigation buttons right?
      Yes, the colour of the orange backlit capacitive touch buttons on the far left-side of the screen is user configurable. Those buttons are fixed. All the other icons on the screen are part of the Apple CarPlay mode. You can find more info on the stereo here

Comment

Originally posted by SQ13 View Post
        Just recently got my car back after four months due to a front end collision. Immediately installed an Antigravity ATX-30 battery with aluminum cage and floor plate (-47 lbs) and OE CSL trunk (-8 lbs? 😭). Didn’t make any adjustments – just lined up the four bolts on the trunk in the exact same spot as the stock trunk.

Ignore the ghetto terminal covers…proper rubber covers are en route.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8809.jpg
Views:	452
Size:	171.1 KB
ID:	273798 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8807.jpg
Views:	438
Size:	43.8 KB
ID:	273797
        It’s times like this where I had a lighter colored car cause damn the CSL trunk pops with the diffuser having carbon contrast on silver!

Comment

Originally posted by Slideways View Post

Was the vent hose plugged in?
          Yes, it was.
          2005 E46 ///M3 Interlagos Blue/Cinnamon

BBS - Recaro - JRZ - PFC - Dixis Spirit - Supersprint - Haimus - Vorshlag - RKP - YFCM - Ground Control - DMG Autosport - Diffsonline - Autosolutions - ​Koyo - Mile End Composites - GC

https://www.instagram.com/justanotham4/

Comment

Originally posted by Kazmoto View Post

Yes, the colour of the orange backlit capacitive touch buttons on the far left-side of the screen is user configurable. Those buttons are fixed. All the other icons on the screen are part of the Apple CarPlay mode. You can find more info on the stereo here
            Kazmoto sent you a DM!

Comment

Replaced 20 year old lug nuts with OE Rein.

Comment

More work on the M3 this weekend...shocking, NOT! Anyway, was beginning to have some engine cooling issues as the engine and oil temps would rise past the halfway point when it gets over 90+degrees outside. Someone recommended that I should replace the original fan clutch. I watched a couple of you-tube videos and replaced the fan clutch and fan blade to see if the clutch resolves my issue. Took it for a test drive and all seems ok, but it wasn't 90+ outside. So, I'll test it tomorrow to see if it resolved the warmer than normal engine temps.
                /// 2005 Silbergrau M3 · Coupe · 6spd · ZPP · Eibach Pro Street S Coilovers · Sportline CS16 CSL Replica Wheels · PS4S 245/275

Comment

Originally posted by ramzM3 View Post
                  More work on the M3 this weekend...shocking, NOT! Anyway, was beginning to have some engine cooling issues as the engine and oil temps would rise past the halfway point when it gets over 90+degrees outside. Someone recommended that I should replace the original fan clutch. I watched a couple of you-tube videos and replaced the fan clutch and fan blade to see if the clutch resolves my issue. Took it for a test drive and all seems ok, but it wasn't 90+ outside. So, I'll test it tomorrow to see if it resolved the warmer than normal engine temps.
                  Interesting. I've noticed I've been running just a touch past halfway in some recent 90 degrees days as well. Keep us posted if it resolves your issue. But, is it even an issue if it's a touch past halfway?

Comment

Originally posted by bagger View Post

Interesting. I've noticed I've been running just a touch past halfway in some recent 90 degrees days as well. Keep us posted if it resolves your issue. But, is it even an issue if it's a touch past halfway?
                    Well, the oil temp was a little past halfway on a hot day, so that's close to normal, but the engine temp was a lot further to the right than I'd seen it before, and I just had the thermostat and water temp sensor replaced a couple of weeks ago. IDK, but I'll let you know what I find out.
                    /// 2005 Silbergrau M3 · Coupe · 6spd · ZPP · Eibach Pro Street S Coilovers · Sportline CS16 CSL Replica Wheels · PS4S 245/275

Comment

Well, the oil temp was a little past halfway on a hot day, so that's close to normal, but the engine temp was a lot further to the right than I'd seen it before, and I just had the thermostat and water temp sensor replaced a couple of weeks ago. IDK, but I'll let you know what I find out.
                      Sounds good. Yeah on really hot days both engine and oil temp are just barely past the halfway mark and I just figured "meh, it's hot out" and keep an eye on it.

Comment

I replaced my fan clutch earlier this year and it definitely helped my coolant temps. Previously 95F+ temps the coolant temps would approach 3/4 mark but only with AC on. With new fan clutch the coolant temp needle pretty much stayed at 1/2 with AC and ambient temps reporting 100F.

Comment

CSL trunk prep. Unsure of the brand but trying to get it all nice and fitted.

Comment

Originally posted by jdamore44 View Post
                            Completed Vanos Overhaul. Beisan Disk, Rattle Kit, New Seals, Lang racing Cam bolts, Beisan Chain Guide, and Rogue Vanos Oil Line. I opted to keep the s54 Diaphragms. I haven't taken it for a drive yet, but it started and idled good without any CELs. 1 of 3 of the BIG 3 completed. Next on the list is Rod Bearings.
                            I'm at the same point and will also do the Rod Bearings next. Wallet is still bruised from the VANOS work, so I may not get to the RBs until after the new year. We'll see...maybe I'll play and win the lottery. 😉

Comment

Originally posted by JokerElite View Post
                              I remember when this trunk was posted on FBM. Keep us posted on how it turns out!

Comment

Originally posted by JokerElite View Post
                                If you don't mind me asking, what did you pay for this? I have one very similar that's BNIB never been opened that I'm going to be selling if anyone is interested.

Comment

Working...
                                X