What did you do for your M3 today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mtpktz View Post

If you don't mind me asking, what did you pay for this? I have one very similar that's BNIB never been opened that I'm going to be selling if anyone is interested.
    $800 shipped. The shipping is usually the kicker with these due to size.

At the time, these were my other options:

DriftHQ - Seibon CF $1403 shipped + tax
    DriftHQ - HGK fiberglass $1320 shipped + tax
    Euroconnex - CF $2600
    DTM Fiberwerkz - FRP $1290 + tax
    - Modbargains $1085 + tax
    Karbonius - $2629 + ship and tax
    Vorsteiner - $2395 + ship and tax

Comment

Originally posted by JokerElite View Post

$800 shipped. The shipping is usually the kicker with these due to size.

At the time, these were my other options:

DriftHQ - Seibon CF $1403 shipped + tax
      DriftHQ - HGK fiberglass $1320 shipped + tax
      Euroconnex - CF $2600
      DTM Fiberwerkz - FRP $1290 + tax
      - Modbargains $1085 + tax
      Karbonius - $2629 + ship and tax
      Vorsteiner - $2395 + ship and tax
      Got it, thanks for the insight. I purchased the one I have for the same reasons but ultimately decided to not use it.

I'm wondering what it will cost to ship, but hoping to get lucky with a local buyer when I list it.

Comment

Originally posted by elrichmeister View Post

I replaced my fan clutch earlier this year and it definitely helped my coolant temps. Previously 95F+ temps the coolant temps would approach 3/4 mark but only with AC on. With new fan clutch the coolant temp needle pretty much stayed at 1/2 with AC and ambient temps reporting 100F.
        Something else worth noting is that over time the AC condenser / oil cooler / radiator get clogged up with dirt and road debris so it helps to gently rinse out the fins.

Did so recently and noticed the car takes quite a bit longer to fully warm up, so seems like a decent amount of cooling capacity was being lost to airflow restriction even though the system was still capable of holding oil / coolant temps at center. Apparently people do this as part of their routine car washes but it was new news to me 🤷
        Last edited by dukeofchen; 08-07-2024, 02:44 PM.
        '04 LSB Coupe 6MT
        All my money goes towards maintenance.

Comment

Originally posted by ImAzn View Post

Kazmoto sent you a DM!
          I’m not authorized to send DMs on here for some reason so just going to answer your questions in a post.

I watched a YouTube video where they used the InCarTec metal cage specifically for our cars to install a Kenwood double din stereo. All the other stereo cages I found online were plastic. The metal one from InCarTec is a quality part, super solid. And their plastic trim fits the Kenwood screen perfectly.

As for the wiring harness and Mic, I’d always heard good things about Enfig and their prices are reasonable so I went with them. Hope that helps.

Comment

Not today but last weekend I snuck the Bimmer into a Honda meet

2004 Dinan S3-R M3
            2012 Dinan S1 X5M

Comment

Installed ACT clutch + light weight flywheel. New Eibach front sway bar and welded in AR20 resonator. The good old Quick Jacks coming in "clutch" once again.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by mtpktz View Post

Got it, thanks for the insight. I purchased the one I have for the same reasons but ultimately decided to not use it.

I'm wondering what it will cost to ship, but hoping to get lucky with a local buyer when I list it.
                May be interested in the trunk..

Comment

Checking the part numbers on my shocks to confirm they are originals from 2002
                  Still looking for the oil leak
                  Ordered Tensioner gasket, cam sensor gasket, oil filter housing gasket

Replaced 1 x jack point with oem, going to order 3 more and swap them all out

Comment

Originally posted by elrichmeister View Post

I replaced my fan clutch earlier this year and it definitely helped my coolant temps. Previously 95F+ temps the coolant temps would approach 3/4 mark but only with AC on. With new fan clutch the coolant temp needle pretty much stayed at 1/2 with AC and ambient temps reporting 100F.
                    Well, the weather cooperated and I finally got around to checking out the new fan clutch to see if it made any difference. As you can see, the car said it was 98F outside, the oil temp was good and centered on 210F, the engine temp was up a bit past midway with the A/C running. I had just come to a stop at a stoplight when I grabbed the phone and took this shot. Does that engine temp seem "normal" for a hot day like today? The engine coolant temp gauge did come back down towards the center point after I was moving again. So, I'm thinking that things are better now, when compared to the old fan clutch. Before I installed the new one, the temp gauge went past the right/last white dot, closer to the red zone and it the ambient air temp wasn't as hot as it was today. Your thoughts are appreciated! Thanks!
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	Temp_gauge1.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	77.1 KB
ID:	275077
                    /// 2005 Silbergrau M3 · Coupe · 6spd · ZPP · Eibach Pro Street S Coilovers · Sportline CS16 CSL Replica Wheels · PS4S 245/275

Comment

Originally posted by ramzM3 View Post

Well, the weather cooperated and I finally got around to checking out the new fan clutch to see if it made any difference. As you can see, the car said it was 98F outside, the oil temp was good and centered on 210F, the engine temp was up a bit past midway with the A/C running. I had just come to a stop at a stoplight when I grabbed the phone and took this shot. Does that engine temp seem "normal" for a hot day like today? The engine coolant temp gauge did come back down towards the center point after I was moving again. So, I'm thinking that things are better now, when compared to the old fan clutch. Before I installed the new one, the temp gauge went past the right/last white dot, closer to the red zone and it the ambient air temp wasn't as hot as it was today. Your thoughts are appreciated! Thanks!

No there is something else wrong, should be dead center during street use.

Comment

Whoa, Hot! yer i would be investigating the new clutch fan is working properly or the cooling system is failing, maybe the thermostat ??

Comment

Originally posted by 0-60motorsports View Post

No there is something else wrong, should be dead center during street use.
                          Ugh, I kind of suspected that when I removed the original fan clutch and it didn't spin freely or easily, just like when I assembled the new one. Ok, I'll continue to search for the real problem. Thanks!
                          /// 2005 Silbergrau M3 · Coupe · 6spd · ZPP · Eibach Pro Street S Coilovers · Sportline CS16 CSL Replica Wheels · PS4S 245/275

Comment

Originally posted by BL92 View Post

Whoa, Hot! yer i would be investigating the new clutch fan is working properly or the cooling system is failing, maybe the thermostat ??
                            Hopefully, it is something other than the thermostat and water temp sensor, because both of those were replaced a couple of weeks ago when it was in the shop for running warm and VANOS replacement. They told me when I picked it up, that during their test drive after the work, they suspected the fan clutch may be going bad. That's why I did the fan clutch replacement.
                            Thanks. I'll keep looking!​

Comment

Hopefully, it is something other than the thermostat and water temp sensor, because both of those were replaced a couple of weeks ago when it was in the shop for running warm and VANOS replacement. They told me when I picked it up, that during their test drive after the work, they suspected the fan clutch may be going bad. That's why I did the fan clutch replacement.
                              Thanks. I'll keep looking!​
                              Which temp sensor, upper or lower? And does it still have the original rad?

Comment

Ugh, I kind of suspected that when I removed the original fan clutch and it didn't spin freely or easily, just like when I assembled the new one. Ok, I'll continue to search for the real problem. Thanks!
                                ah man too bad it wasn't a quick fix with the fan clutch. I would look at the radiator, make sure any debris is cleared out like mentioned earlier. Do you know if the radiator is the original unit?

As far as oil temps those look fine for high ambient temps. Yesterday the ambient temps the car was reporting was 100+ in traffic in the highway my oil temps would move smidge to right of center, but coolant temps was 1/2 mark.

Comment

Working...
                                X