What did you do for your M3 today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by karter16 View Post
    Restored the M stripes and black background on my SMG shifter dome by hand. Very happy with the end result for a homemade job. While possible to do, this is not a commercially viable opportunity hahaha.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_9302.jpg Views:	24 Size:	93.3 KB ID:	269069
    Curious to know before I shell out $300+ for a “like-new” shifter (stupid).

David

Edit: found your build thread!
    Last edited by davidinnyc; 06-22-2024, 06:00 AM.

Comment

Changed out my steering Rack and the steering angle sensor was off, had to reset last night: Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20240621_201830.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	195.9 KB
ID:	269105Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20240621_201812.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	61.0 KB
ID:	269106​​​​​​​
      | 06 6 Speed Vert - JB on Cinnamon| Beisan | ACL Rod Bearings | ST Sway Bar | TMS CSL Box | Megan headers | H.T.E Tune | 550 Injectors | OEM Section 1, 2, 3| 200 Cell Cats | OEM SSK | Bilstein B12| 712 yellow tag |

Comment

Originally posted by davidinnyc View Post

Curious to know before I shell out $300+ for a “like-new” shifter (stupid).

David

Edit: found your build thread!
        If you do decide to give it a go let me know and I'll put down some more detail, what colours I used, etc. it's fiddly work but better than spending hundreds of dollars lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        2005 ///M3 SMG Coupe Silbergrau Metallic/CSL bucket seats
        Build Thread:
        https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...e46-m3-journal

Comment

Originally posted by siamkazi View Post
          Changed out my steering Rack and the steering angle sensor was off, had to reset last night
          Can you elaborate please? I'm looking to swap to a 712 and investigating if I'll have issues. What is your configuration?

Comment

Originally posted by duperdog View Post
            This weekend's project:
            • 034 Motorsports engine and transmission mounts
            • Power steering flush
            • Transmission flush
            • New CPV valve with viton o-ring
            Disassembly complete, next up removal/drain of old and install of new. Hoping to be done by tomorrow evening so I can enjoy a top down drive for Father's Day.
            Finally got everything back together today. Took me longer than expected wrestling the engine mounts back in and then needed different gaskets for ps banjo bolt. Took it for a quick ride and the difference in shifts is night and day. No more clunk shifting into first and almost no grind on the shift from 1-2. Totally worth it

Comment

Originally posted by PSUEng View Post

Can you elaborate please? I'm looking to swap to a 712 and investigating if I'll have issues. What is your configuration?
              Nothing significant, steering racks are plug and play and may need an alignment afterwards. I just popped in a donor rack while mine was being rebuilt which caused my steering wheel to angle to the left a couple of degrees while the car was going straight. This caused the steering angle sensor to go off causing the car to think: 'how can the car have the wheel turned but all wheels are rotating at the same speed'. A simple alignment would resolve it and get rid of the lights but since i'm putting another rack back in, would be a waste of money. When the rebuilt rack goes back on, i'll center the steering wheel and zero out the sensor and then go in for a proper alignment.

TL;DR - lazy to do an alignment, hit reset on the dash lights.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	910.3 KB ID:	269161
              Last edited by siamkazi; 06-22-2024, 07:43 PM.
              | 06 6 Speed Vert - JB on Cinnamon| Beisan | ACL Rod Bearings | ST Sway Bar | TMS CSL Box | Megan headers | H.T.E Tune | 550 Injectors | OEM Section 1, 2, 3| 200 Cell Cats | OEM SSK | Bilstein B12| 712 yellow tag |

Comment

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post

My E63 M6's factory CF roof is quite yellowed, I hope to get it fixed this summer or next as it really let's the car down.
                My painter suggested clearcoar as opposed to gelcoat.
                I was thinking of trying to remove some of the gel coat myself to save some money. I had seen some photos of people using a heat gun a carefully peeling it back, looks like it comes off in big "sheets" almost.
                So same thing was suggested and explored by my body shop but in the end everyone who works with cf said you have to apply resin and then clear, don't just do clear after removing the old yellow resin. So I went with that.

Comment

Finally able to unearth the parts purchased in 2020, only took 4 years to finally start the interior swap. Feels great that the engine (minus an annoying vacuum leak somewhere) and suspension have been brought back to OEM+ specs w/ two of the big three being addressed already sans the rod bearings which were done at 30k, and I'm super diligent on warning up the oil completely.

Once the interior is done, the exterior and I'm going to finally hit up some events. Excited boys, Euro center console going in.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by WestBankM4 View Post
                    Finally able to unearth the parts purchased in 2020, only took 4 years to finally start the interior swap. Feels great that the engine (minus an annoying vacuum leak somewhere) and suspension have been brought back to OEM+ specs w/ two of the big three being addressed already sans the rod bearings which were done at 30k, and I'm super diligent on warning up the oil completely.

Once the interior is done, the exterior and I'm going to finally hit up some events. Excited boys, Euro center console going in.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk
                    I’ve now done the armrest delete center console and euro trays in both cars… can easily swap the cupholders back in if I go on a longer drive with the wife but it looks so clean!

Comment

I replaced the OE xenon projectors for Evo XR 2.0. Still need to drive at night to see how much of an improvement they are

I took the chance to clean the wheel wells, Oh, and added a bit of camber as my wheels where rubbing the liners a bit.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0696.jpg Views:	0 Size:	132.6 KB ID:	269280

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0743.jpg Views:	0 Size:	126.9 KB ID:	269281
                      the Z4M uses the knuckles from E36, so adding camber is easy. I have the camber kit from Turner which has 3 settings (washers) I went from 1 to 2. I will miss the quasi flush look, but will save me from buying liners which are expensive and mine are new

I also modified the igniter so it could be used with the Morimoto projector.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0706.jpg Views:	0 Size:	61.5 KB ID:	269282

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0708.jpg Views:	0 Size:	124.1 KB ID:	269284

I was able to reuse the wire retainer so it is properly secured.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0710.jpg Views:	0 Size:	76.5 KB ID:	269283

I will miss my etched lenses.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0740.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	74.4 KB
ID:	269286 .

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0739.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	90.8 KB
ID:	269287
                      Last edited by maupineda; 06-24-2024, 09:49 AM.

Comment

I’ve now done the armrest delete center console and euro trays in both cars… can easily swap the cupholders back in if I go on a longer drive with the wife but it looks so clean!
                        Good thing you got one of those euro trays beforehand, they’re NLA now

Comment

Ordered a new coolant expansion tank. My old one blew up on me.

Went with new OEM. Why? The coolant expansion tank rips when coolant is overheating (in my case the cause was the mishimoto fan control not turning on the fan as long as it should, hence this is going as well). This can be seen as a weak point by design. Its easy to reach, easy to replace, and keeps harm away from the more critical parts. Replacing it with one of these welded metal tanks is a no go for me, because its heavier and the potential damage from other parts giving in would be much higher.

Comment

Originally posted by sbay View Post

Good thing you got one of those euro trays beforehand, they’re NLA now
                            What the fuck I was going to cop one of these but kept putting it off. I can't believe they'd discontinue something like this.
                            2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

I might get flamed for this… but here we go.

The new-to-me Imola Red M3 Coupe I picked up a few weeks ago is also an SMG like my Jet Black M3 Hardtop Convertible. I don't mind the SMG, and the IR was a steal of a deal with low mileage (75K).

The interior trim is brushed aluminum and I don't like that the SMG shift plate is Titan Gray… so, I found an excellent condition OE 6MT shift boot with the foam insert and mocked up on the inside. It's MUCH cleaner, of course. I ran the SMG selector button through the ash tray and will devise a way to modify the tray so it looks “OE”, but wanted to share.

I'm not trying to pretend I have a 6MT, I really just don't like that the SMG shift plate is a different color than the interior trims of any car that isn't Titan Gray throughout (like my Jet Black M3, which I'll leave alone).

Thoughts? (I'll buy another SMG shift knob soon, too)

I like that approach. I didn't want to have to worry about relocating the selector buttons so I painted the Titan trim black. I used a textured black trim paint recommended in a thread here, available at most auto parts stores.

Comment

Originally posted by jet_dogg View Post

What the fuck I was going to cop one of these but kept putting it off. I can't believe they'd discontinue something like this.
                                If they're truly NLA then I have two available for sale...

Comment

Working...
                                X