What did you do for your M3 today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by davidinnyc View Post

If they're truly NLA then I have two available for sale...
    Black? PM me a price, could be interested
    2006 M3 ZCP

Comment

Drove it around for a week, dialed in the stereo a bit more (mostly turning down the subwoofer), managed to not have a flat from aged out tires, enjoyed how well she was riding, then left it with my shop for the every 5-7 year Diff Seal work that doesn't seem to depend on how many miles the car is driven (6hr job). Oh, and drenched the leather with conditioner in the 95* heat, again, as in every time I see the car.

The first diff pinion seal leak was at 2011 with about 65k on the clock (dealer wouldn't do it under the 6/100 extended warranty). Then I did it again 5y later after about 25k miles. And now I'm doing it again 8y later after less than 5k miles (thanks Covid).

M Tax strikes again. But it's cheap parts and all labor, should be under a G, I'll survive. But damn...

Good news was the ride, all the things I didn't think I'd done had been done (e.g., engine and trans mounts, SS brake lines, replaced interior bits while they were still available).

So I'm a happy camper all in all. Oh, and I also drove this one a fair amount, which is also pretty much settled but for a leaky PS Pump. So all the parts I've been storing for it will get installed to the car. New parts on the car > New parts on the shelf.

Cheers,

maw

EDIT... Oh, and I have a box of interior bits to either sell
      or ship to TexaZ3 for refinishing... I think that makes a complete spare center console to go with the complete spare SMG system and complete spare BavSound cabin speaker setup😏... I guess I need a spare diff cover with seals and complete spare Imola interior😒... geez BMW.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by maw1124; 06-24-2024, 03:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by maw1124 View Post
        Drove it around for a week, dialed in the stereo a bit more (mostly turning down the subwoofer), managed to not have a flat from aged out tires, enjoyed how well she was riding, then left it with my shop for the every 5-7 year Diff Seal work that doesn't seem to depend on how many miles the car is driven (6hr job). Oh, and drenched the leather with conditioner in the 95* heat, again, as in every time I see the car.

The first diff pinion seal leak was at 2011 with about 65k on the clock (dealer wouldn't do it under the 6/100 extended warranty). Then I did it again 5y later after about 25k miles. And now I'm doing it again 8y later after less than 5k miles (thanks Covid).

M Tax strikes again. But it's cheap parts and all labor, should be under a G, I'll survive. But damn...

Good news was the ride, all the things I didn't think I'd done had been done (e.g., engine and trans mounts, SS brake lines, replaced interior bits while they were still available).

So I'm a happy camper all in all. Oh, and I also drove this one a fair amount, which is also pretty much settled but for a leaky PS Pump. So all the parts I've been storing for it will get installed to the car. New parts on the car > New parts on the shelf.

Cheers,

maw

EDIT... Oh, and I have a box of interior bits to either sell
        or ship to TexaZ3 for refinishing... I think that makes a complete spare center console to go with the complete spare SMG system and complete spare BavSound cabin speaker setup😏... I guess I need a spare diff cover with seals and complete spare Imola interior😒... geez BMW.
        Nice W124. Need to get me another one as a DD

Comment

Originally posted by 0-60motorsports View Post
          Nice W124. Need to get me another one as a DD
          Yeah... they weren't The World's Taxi for nothing... real workhorses... this one is more like a locomotive... what did you have?

maw

Comment

Yeah... they weren't The World's Taxi for nothing... real workhorses... this one is more like a locomotive... what did you have?

maw
            OH I am so familiar with them lol

E320 estate, E200, E280, E320. Yup the house was full of them. Regret selling my 95 E320 all the time.

Comment

Regarding mismatched trim, I was in the middle of swapping trims between cars and kinda liked the look of piano black with silver dash trim

Click image for larger version

Name:	53796268967_d80b2d2e8e_b.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	172.8 KB
ID:	269386
              2001 TiAG M3 - 6mt Coupe, Anthracite Impuse
              Fabspeed Headers | Euro Sec 1 | OE Sec 2 | Scorpion Sec 3 | Beisan | Mini Battery | Fortune Auto 7k/12k | Hotchkis Front SB | Apex ARC-8 18x9.5 | Yellow Tag Rack

2001 TiAG M3 - 6mt Coupe, Black Nappa Leather
              Karbonius | Supersprint | Cat Cams | Beisan | Fikse Wheels | Mile End Composites | AST 5200 | Hotchkis | Brembo | Recaro | Rouge SMF | RTD | Yellow Tag Rack | HTE Performance

Comment

Originally posted by 0-60motorsports View Post
                E320 estate, E200, E280, E320. Yup the house was full of them. Regret selling my 95 E320 all the time.
                How'd you escape owning a 500E??? Or some JDM W124 AMG? TheMBMarket has a few right now on auction -- here's your chance.

maw

Comment

Just completed the Heater Core yesterday, one of those, while I'm in here jobs. Bulletproofing so I don't have to remove the dash in the future.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Comment

How'd you escape owning a 500E??? Or some JDM W124 AMG? TheMBMarket has a few right now on auction -- here's your chance.

maw
                    I know bro! I know! I had a 500E that I was looking at to buy for $8000 from Dubai, Japanese import. Shame I didn't get it then as it's my favorite and now they are out of reach.

Comment

Mine was a gift just before they went parabolic... I'd been looking for years... 60k enthusiast miles in 2011, RENNtech car, pristine garage kept open checkbook example. God is good. Today she presents like I've always described her, which is 70% of the S55 -- 70% as big, as fast, as luxurious as that car. Unreal at 32 years old.

maw

EDIT... one just flew over the cuckoo's nest... this was a good deal... https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...-benz-500e-60/ ... what mine looked like when I bought her, except with the factory 8hole wheels... time capsule!!
                      Last edited by maw1124; 06-25-2024, 05:26 PM.

Comment

Mine was a gift just before they went parabolic... I'd been looking for years... 60k enthusiast miles in 2011, RENNtech car, pristine garage kept open checkbook example. God is good. Today she presents like I've always described her, which is 70% of the S55 -- 70% as big, as fast, as luxurious as that car. Unreal at 32 years old.

maw

EDIT... one just flew over the cuckoo's nest... this was a good deal... https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...-benz-500e-60/ ... what mine looked like when I bought her, except with the factory 8hole wheels... time capsule!!
                        I spy some W203 wheels. Where are the AMG monoblocks

Comment

Originally posted by Slideways View Post

I spy some W203 wheels. Where are the AMG monoblocks
                          On everyone else's cars, LOL.

I'm not the guy to do what everyone else does.

These are Hartmann 18" replicas of the Alshain, 18 x 8.5 x ET35... last 4 available ever... so I'm happy.

+ I already owned an AMG car ... so there will be no AMG wheels on nonAMG cars for me.

;-D

maw

EDIT ... but you guys are on it... it's good to see!! I was having dinner the other night and some 20year old working at the restaurant was all over the car from the lot, so I gave him a tour after I finished... good to see the torch being passed.
                          Last edited by maw1124; 06-25-2024, 06:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by davidinnyc View Post
                            I might get flamed for this… but here we go.

The new-to-me Imola Red M3 Coupe I picked up a few weeks ago is also an SMG like my Jet Black M3 Hardtop Convertible. I don't mind the SMG, and the IR was a steal of a deal with low mileage (75K).

The interior trim is brushed aluminum and I don't like that the SMG shift plate is Titan Gray… so, I found an excellent condition OE 6MT shift boot with the foam insert and mocked up on the inside. It's MUCH cleaner, of course. I ran the SMG selector button through the ash tray and will devise a way to modify the tray so it looks “OE”, but wanted to share.

I'm not trying to pretend I have a 6MT, I really just don't like that the SMG shift plate is a different color than the interior trims of any car that isn't Titan Gray throughout (like my Jet Black M3, which I'll leave alone).

Thoughts? (I'll buy another SMG shift knob soon, too)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Now you need to get one of these:
                            BMW / E46M Interior & Trim Restoration.
                            https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/c...ch-restoration

Comment

Not E46, but I did wash my E36 today, along with couple other cars.
                              Hard to believe this was the ENTIRE BMW M Division lineup in 1999. Just let that sink in ))

BMW / E46M Interior & Trim Restoration.
                              https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/c...ch-restoration

Comment

Assembling the interior pieces, big shout out to TexaZ3, refinished all the pull handles.

I'm using the original Aluminum trim from the car, the black pieces are all from a mint Schwartz example.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X