What did you do for your M3 today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NW55 View Post
    Got the Turner airbox job done, complete with CSL DME, Kassel Performance Tune, MAP conversion, and a beautiful decal from Slideways
    Looking good, liking the matte finish
    2003.5 BMW M3 Carbon Schwarz Metallic/Cinnamon 6 Speed – HTE Tuning | Kassel CSL DME | AA Headers | AA Section 1 | SS Resonated Section 2 | SS Race Section 3 | TMS V2 CSL Airbox | TMS Street Plates | Ohlin’s R&T Coilovers | Ground Control Front and Rear Sways | Ground Control Adjustable Camber Arms | DMG Autosport Pro46R | FreakyParts BBK Front | Porsche 996 Conversion Rear | CMP Stage 1 + 1.5 Reinforcement Plates | CMP Subframe Bushings | CMP RTAB’s | SGT CSL Bumper | SGT CSL Trunk | Dr VANOS

Comment

Originally posted by Gnet1 View Post
      Bring her special cousin home!
      Gorgeous! also I'm jealous - you have my dream combo!
      2005 ///M3 SMG Coupe Silbergrau Metallic/CSL bucket seats
      Build Thread:
      https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...e46-m3-journal

Comment

Karter16,
        Thank you very much.
        It’s a dream Bro.
        Go for it if you have a chance.

Comment

Got my Karb race csl intake box installed today and also got my personalized license plate as all. The plate was the cherry on top of my modding journey. Gonna take a rest so my bank account can breathe a bit hahahah. In the past 4-5 months I wrapped my whole car, got some upgraded exterior pieces, performed a lot of maintenance, PDR, transmission refresh with coolerworx SSK, installed the Eisenmann sport muffler, Vanos refresh, rod bearings, section 1 rasp pipe, Dynavin d8 upgrade, bbs LM wheels and tires and the Karb csl intake with tune.

Whew!

i think next in terms of mods, I’m going to look into getting the Vorsteiner V CSL kit or something along those lines and a front BBK.

also going to start attending some “no work” autocross events that are local to me. These are not competitive and just for fun so I’ll hoon with my heavy 19 inch wheels with the top down

anyone local want to join me, check out the website:

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by jpy1980 View Post
            Got my Karb race csl intake box installed today and also got my personalized license plate as all. The plate was the cherry on top of my modding journey. Gonna take a rest so my bank account can breathe a bit hahahah. In the past 4-5 months I wrapped my whole car, got some upgraded exterior pieces, performed a lot of maintenance, PDR, transmission refresh with coolerworx SSK, installed the Eisenmann sport muffler, Vanos refresh, rod bearings, section 1 rasp pipe, Dynavin d8 upgrade, bbs LM wheels and tires and the Karb csl intake with tune.

Whew!

i think next in terms of mods, I'm going to look into getting the Vorsteiner V CSL kit or something along those lines and a front BBK.

also going to start attending some “no work” autocross events that are local to me. These are not competitive and just for fun so I'll hoon with my heavy 19 inch wheels with the top down

https://www.corner-exit.com
            Looks great!

Comment

Whew!

i think next in terms of mods, I’m going to look into getting the Vorsteiner V CSL kit or something along those lines and a front BBK.

also going to start attending some “no work” autocross events that are local to me. These are not competitive and just for fun so I’ll hoon with my heavy 19 inch wheels with the top down

https://www.corner-exit.com
              That’s quite the list of mods you’ve done recently!
              I like the plate! I’ve never had a personalized plate until I got my current e46 M3. A fun little custom touch

Comment

The flywheel bolts aren't coming out anytime soon. 😈

Attached Files
                MVP Track Time

Comment

Got rid of the rubbery oem shifter and had it replaced with a direct mount shifter. The mechanical feel is incredible.

Comment

Originally posted by theOracle View Post
                    Got rid of the rubbery oem shifter and had it replaced with a direct mount shifter. The mechanical feel is incredible.
                    Great mod! Ever since I had the CAE shifter on my F80 years ago, I can’t drive a manual car without one. One of my first mods to my e46 m3 was to get a chassis mounted shifter. Welcome to the club!

what brand is yours? Did you do anything else while you were in there. I put a new selector joint, 034 engine/trans mounts and d4 atf fluid and it shifts like a machanical dream.

Comment

This is actually a good looking CAE ,which one is this? The thing holding me back from one was always the aesthetics this one looks pretty nice with the boot etc.
                      | 06 6 Speed Vert - JB on Cinnamon| Beisan | ACL Rod Bearings | ST Sway Bar | TMS CSL Box | Megan headers | H.T.E Tune | 550 Injectors | OEM Section 1, 2, 3| 200 Cell Cats | OEM SSK | Bilstein B12| 712 yellow tag |

Comment

Great mod! Ever since I had the CAE shifter on my F80 years ago, I can’t drive a manual car without one. One of my first mods to my e46 m3 was to get a chassis mounted shifter. Welcome to the club!

what brand is yours? Did you do anything else while you were in there. I put a new selector joint, 034 engine/trans mounts and d4 atf fluid and it shifts like a machanical dream.
                        yeah this is the first direct mount I’ve done. Because of that I’m not familiar with all the brands. So a friend recommended the Garagistic stage 2. Whether that’s a great one or not I don’t know. It felt great out of the box. Looks to be quality.
                        I also added the Turner DSSR, and new selector rod joint.
                        the motor and trans mounts we changed to poly 😬. So far it’s not bad at all! The mounts are 80a durometer rating, so softer poly.
                        The biggest NVH change was at idle. We called Jim at Kassel and he bumped my idle to 1000rpm and its fixed! All smooth.

Comment

Originally posted by siamkazi View Post

This is actually a good looking CAE ,which one is this? The thing holding me back from one was always the aesthetics this one looks pretty nice with the boot etc.
                          This is the Garagistic stage 2. Black, Carbon, short shaft, delrin knob. I also changed the boot to the OEM Alcantara boot to match my new steering wheel.

Based on our very popular standard solid mount shifter, this is our "Direct Mount" solid shifter with a carbon fiber shifter rod! If you would like this shifter with the standard aluminum rod, see this listing. This solid shifter uses the same components of our standard solid shifter with a few changes in design. The main change is that this solid shifter uses a flat plate direct mount style shifter plate that is required in Chassis like the E92 and E82. Those cars have Oval openings for their shifters. Simply use the 3 existing holes in the chassis for a 100% bolt-up installation that is completely reversible.

Comment

This is the Garagistic stage 2. Black, Carbon, short shaft, delrin knob. I also changed the boot to the OEM Alcantara boot to match my new steering wheel.

https://www.garagistic.com/products/...40293646368867
                            You’re fine with the shifter. I heard good things about garagtastic. I know lots of e36 m3 guys use it. Wow with the poly mounts your car must feel like a race car! Haha

one thing I did with my shifter was extend the rod and add a heavy knob. It’s so clicky and satisfying to shift now. May want to try a heavier knob.

I added a Likewise (shift knob brand in AUS) shift knob (weighs 1.6#s) with a raceseng extender.

I know people think a longer shifter looks silly but I like it since it’s closer to the wheel when shifting.
                            Attached Files

Comment

What is with the BMW branding on the top of the boot? Did install require modification of stock surround as some do? I too want the benefit of the direct mount without cutting out bits.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Comment

You’re fine with the shifter. I heard good things about garagtastic. I know lots of e36 m3 guys use it. Wow with the poly mounts your car must feel like a race car! Haha

one thing I did with my shifter was extend the rod and add a heavy knob. It’s so clicky and satisfying to shift now. May want to try a heavier knob.

I added a Likewise (shift knob brand in AUS) shift knob (weighs 1.6#s) with a raceseng extender.

I know people think a longer shifter looks silly but I like it since it’s closer to the wheel when shifting.
                                Yeah the poly mounts are noticeable if the revs dip below 1000. Honestly other than that I can feel a very faint vibration at cruising speeds. I think the positives out way the negative. To me it feels like the power is put down more effectively. Feels more solid in a good way. 80a poly is quite stiff, but is near the softest on the scale for poly. Most guys I see run 95a.

I may try a heavier knob as well. I currently like the Delrin material as it doesn’t get hot or cold. My car is garaged at home but if I chose to take it to work then it is outside and can make the metal shift knobs way way too hot!

Comment

Working...
                                X