No announcement yet.

What did you do for your M3 today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hear you on the tow hook mounting. Just a FYI, I've used a Skene license plate bracket. It mounts to the underside of the bumper so you don't have to touch the front face.
    2001 TiAG M3 - 6mt Coupe, Anthracite Impuse
    Fabspeed Headers | Euro Sec 1 | OE Sec 2 | Scorpion Sec 3 | Beisan | Mini Battery | Fortune Auto 7k/12k | Hotchkis Front SB | Apex ARC-8 18x9.5 | Yellow Tag Rack

2001 TiAG M3 - 6mt Coupe, Black Nappa Leather
    Karbonius | Supersprint | Cat Cams | Beisan | Fikse Wheels | Mile End Composites | AST 5200 | Hotchkis | Brembo | Recaro | Rouge SMF | RTD | Yellow Tag Rack | HTE Performance

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20230413_003849793.jpg Views:	0 Size:	106.1 KB ID:	213725Out of storage and new battery after my CSL decided to leak while trickle. I charged it straight to the battery wondering if that may have had an effect. Either way damage is done and i was pretty upset at the time. Noticed it when installing cams and had to drive be it back to storage.

Replaced with a braille b3121. And temporary installation cardboard.

Before
      Attached Files
      2006 Silber Grau Metalizat ZCP 6 MT M-texture (F2AT) - Turner CSL V2/Schrick 280 272/SSv1/SS Sec1/Sec2 dual res/SCZA TI (raw) - FatCat stage 3 ult 400f/784r - EC7r 18x9.5 ET35/CRS 275/35/18 - RacingBrake BBK/MileEnd CSL bumper/Vorsteiner Trunk/Cobra Nogaro Circuit Mtexture/GC RCA/YURKan Cages/Hotchkiss/Vibra-technics/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/htrlo/

Comment

Got my dash brace powder coated.
        BMW has this untreated in stock form, tends to collect some surface corrosion over time.

Gesendet von meinem Pixel 7 mit Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Altaran View Post
          Got my dash brace powder coated.
          BMW has this untreated in stock form, tends to collect some surface corrosion over time.

Gesendet von meinem Pixel 7 mit Tapatalk
          At first glance I thought that was a rifle. 😂

Comment

Took the car for a real drive after the mods got done at RRT Racing. Don't know if this will make sense, but the car in Sport mode felt like it was more "docile" with the stock CSL tune compared to before all the mods got installed. So, I thought, maybe something in the tune is not right.

I am no expert compared to others in the forum, but thought I would at least check the cam offsets and see if the tune needed to be modified for those. Opened TunerPro and saw these values:

Stock CSL tune that came from Kassel (where I had the MSS54HP upgraded for CSL operation)
            Click image for larger version

Name:	TunerPro (RRT).png
Views:	426
Size:	11.3 KB
ID:	213963

Schrick 280/272 cam offset tune based on what I learnt in the cam offset post from terra

Name:	TunerPro (280-272).png
Views:	457
Size:	11.8 KB
ID:	213962

The tune from Kassel matches the tune from the MSSFlasher GitHub here: 211325000401PD11.bin loaded with the 0401 XDF.

I also took snapshots of timing comparisons using the EcuWorx DME tool.

Timings with Stock CSL tune that came from Kassel

Name:	EcuWorxx main (RRT).png
Views:	445
Size:	95.4 KB
ID:	213964

Timings with Schrick 280/272 cam offset tune (after resetting adaptations)​

Name:	EcuWorxx main (280 272).png
Views:	439
Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	213965
            2004 Mystic Blue M3 | 6-speed | Coupe
            Karbonius CSL-style airbox | OEM CSL snorkel & flap | Schrick 280 / 272 cams with followers | CSL inconel exhaust valves
            SuperSprint 63.5mm stepped headers, section-1 with sport cats, and resonated twin-pipe section-2
            ITG CSL Airbox Airfilter| Karbonius E46 microfilter cover
            Karbonius M3 E46 CSL trunklid | Ohlin's BMS MI30 coilovers

Comment

Name:	wgi opening day 2023.jpg
Views:	438
Size:	147.4 KB
ID:	214180
              Well, I finally was able to take my Convertible M3 on a track yesterday (I'm 3rd from the right). Opening day at Watkins Glen International and what a beautiful day it was. I have never driven on a track before (only a ride long). We were only able to do 3 laps, never got over 95mph, but man what an experience. The car was amazing and I was using 5/10ths of it at best. So now I'm hooked and want to do some HPDEs but, convertible. I'm thinking of getting a 128i to play around with and use for winter duties. If you want to kill 4 min, here's a link - https://youtu.be/QJLWs7CuqGk to one of the laps. Welcome any comments on my driving as well

Comment

New starter to install tomorrow. Had a solid warning earlier this week when my car refused to start when I was headed to work in the morning. Had to take off my airbox and gave the starter a whack, which was enough to get through the week.

Also had to pick up this neat tool from Harbor Freight to reach the starter bolts.Click image for larger version  Name:	20230419_173749.jpg Views:	8 Size:	293.3 KB ID:	214700
                Attached Files
                Last edited by zzyzx85; 04-20-2023, 11:41 PM.
                "your BMW has how many miles!?"

2003 (2/03) M3 coupe Imolarot/Black 6 M/T - JRZ RS One 450/550 - Ground Control Street - SDW RTAB - TMS Street ARCA - Redish V2 - TMS solid subframe bushings - Volk Racing G2 18x9.5 - StopTech ST40 355 (coming soon) - Beisan Systems VANOS parts - WPC OE rod bearings - Karbonius CSL airbox - Kassel MSS54HP DME - Kassel MAP sensor - Euro headers and Section 1 - SuperSprint Sport - Recaro Speed - Schroth Rallye 4 QF - AS 30% SSK

build/journal
                ig: @zzyzx85

Comment

Lined up the 3 of them and took a photo

Name:	IMG_7470.jpg
Views:	380
Size:	161.6 KB
ID:	214750
                  IG: @limited.slip

Mystic Blue / M-cloth E46 M3 Coupe S54 6MT
                  A̶l̶p̶i̶n̶e̶ ̶W̶h̶i̶t̶e̶ ̶/̶ ̶B̶l̶a̶c̶k̶ ̶E̶4̶6̶ ̶3̶2̶5̶i̶ ̶T̶o̶u̶r̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶S̶5̶4̶ ̶6̶M̶T̶
                  Imola Red / Alcantara / Cloth E46 330i ZHP Sedan S54 6MT
                  Titanium Silver / Black E39 540i M-Sport
                  Touring S62 6MT
                  Alpine White / Black E90 M3 M3 S65 7DCT

Comment

Originally posted by kaiv View Post
                    Lined up the 3 of them and took a photo
                    Murica, f$ck yeah.

3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Originally posted by oceansize View Post

Murica, f$ck yeah.
                      Or is it:
                      Liberté, Egalité, Fraternité​ 😂
                      '04 LSB Coupe 6MT
                      All my money goes towards maintenance.

Comment

knocked out the starter job in about 3 hours.

20 years and 282k miles, the original starter has done its job well. I was expecting it to be more rattly but it seems to still be pretty tight.
                        Attached Files
                        "your BMW has how many miles!?"

2003 (2/03) M3 coupe Imolarot/Black 6 M/T - JRZ RS One 450/550 - Ground Control Street - SDW RTAB - TMS Street ARCA - Redish V2 - TMS solid subframe bushings - Volk Racing G2 18x9.5 - StopTech ST40 355 (coming soon) - Beisan Systems VANOS parts - WPC OE rod bearings - Karbonius CSL airbox - Kassel MSS54HP DME - Kassel MAP sensor - Euro headers and Section 1 - SuperSprint Sport - Recaro Speed - Schroth Rallye 4 QF - AS 30% SSK

build/journal
                        ig: @zzyzx85

Comment

Originally posted by oceansize View Post

Murica, f$ck yeah.

Originally posted by dukeofchen View Post

Or is it:
                          Liberté, Egalité, Fraternité​ 😂
                          Ahah!
                          Being a Frenchman in the U.S. I love that it works both ways!
                          IG: @limited.slip

Mystic Blue / M-cloth E46 M3 Coupe S54 6MT
                          A̶l̶p̶i̶n̶e̶ ̶W̶h̶i̶t̶e̶ ̶/̶ ̶B̶l̶a̶c̶k̶ ̶E̶4̶6̶ ̶3̶2̶5̶i̶ ̶T̶o̶u̶r̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶S̶5̶4̶ ̶6̶M̶T̶
                          Imola Red / Alcantara / Cloth E46 330i ZHP Sedan S54 6MT
                          Titanium Silver / Black E39 540i M-Sport
                          Touring S62 6MT
                          Alpine White / Black E90 M3 M3 S65 7DCT

Comment

Name:	IMG_20230420_153535.jpg
Views:	708
Size:	256.9 KB
ID:	214818 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20230420_153559.jpg
Views:	698
Size:	244.1 KB
ID:	214819

Got the M3 a track buddy. I must say unloading at the track was a breeze!

Comment

Just drove the car around listening to the engine sound. After the mods being complete, especially the Karbonius air intake, I can't stop revving the engine at 3K+ RPM just to listen to that raw growl. Fuel economy be damned!
                              2004 Mystic Blue M3 | 6-speed | Coupe
                              Karbonius CSL-style airbox | OEM CSL snorkel & flap | Schrick 280 / 272 cams with followers | CSL inconel exhaust valves
                              SuperSprint 63.5mm stepped headers, section-1 with sport cats, and resonated twin-pipe section-2
                              ITG CSL Airbox Airfilter| Karbonius E46 microfilter cover
                              Karbonius M3 E46 CSL trunklid | Ohlin's BMS MI30 coilovers

Comment

Lol @ thinking about fuel economy period.
                                2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Working...
                                X