Name:	IMG_20230420_153535.jpg
Views:	713
Size:	256.9 KB
ID:	214818 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20230420_153559.jpg
Views:	702
Size:	244.1 KB
ID:	214819

Got the M3 a track buddy. I must say unloading at the track was a breeze!
    The matching wheels are awesome
    2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

finally did my rod bearings, the job wasn't that bad at all considering it was done on my garage floor. having a early model s54 with re-usable rod bolts that don't need to be torqued and loosened 3 times definitely made it easier. not looking forward to doing the same job on my s85 with new arp bolts. cheers!
      Attached Files

Comment

Today my car received this thing in the mail from Matt at EuroConnex. Looks to be a very nice piece of kit. Looking forward to getting it installed on Tuesday...

EDIT: It weighs 11 lbs on the button.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0721.jpg Views:	40 Size:	46.3 KB ID:	214845 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0711.jpg Views:	38 Size:	43.9 KB ID:	214846
        Last edited by Mayan-Viking; 04-22-2023, 10:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wernd View Post
          Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20230420_153535.jpg Views:	95 Size:	256.9 KB ID:	214818 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20230420_153559.jpg Views:	93 Size:	244.1 KB ID:	214819

Got the M3 a track buddy. I must say unloading at the track was a breeze!
          Love the trailer, can you post more pics of it?

It’s custom made or you bought it like this?
          2001 BMW E46 M3 Laguna Seca / M-Texture 6mt
          2002 BMW E46 M3 Titanium Silver/Black 6mt
          2006 BMW E46 M3 Individual Estoril blue/Black 6mt
          2019 BMW X3 M40i Phytonic blue/Tartufo Individual

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0823.jpg Views:	0 Size:	97.1 KB ID:	214877 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0819.jpg Views:	0 Size:	102.4 KB ID:	214872
            Rear brake upgrade: 996 calipers (rebuilt and repainted), cross drilled rotors, braided brake lines
            Last edited by azmirm5; 04-22-2023, 10:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gt4 View Post

Love the trailer, can you post more pics of it?

It’s custom made or you bought it like this?
              It's custom so that I could mount bmw wheels to it. The trailer bearings are actually e90 front wheel bearings, so those shouldn't ever go bad on a 250lb trailer. Then they made the fender covers wider to accommodate the 18x10 wheels. It'll probably look better once I throw the all seasons on the car so the wheel color matches. I can snag more pics when I load up today to leave the track

Comment

Originally posted by Mayan-Viking View Post
                Today my car received this thing in the mail from Matt at EuroConnex. Looks to be a very nice piece of kit. Looking forward to getting it installed on Tuesday...

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_0721.jpg Views:	40 Size:	46.3 KB ID:	214845 Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_0711.jpg Views:	38 Size:	43.9 KB ID:	214846
                Can't wait to hear your impressions on this. This feels like a great alternative to a lightweight clutch/flywheel.
                Build thread: Topaz Blue to Shark Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Casa de Mesa View Post

Can't wait to hear your impressions on this. This feels like a great alternative to a lightweight clutch/flywheel.
                  Good point. And I just dumped that LW clutch/flywheel rig so it should be a relatively solid A/B.

That junk was crazy loud. To quote my friend at idle, clutch out: "Why does your car sound like a diesel VW Rabbit?"

But it did feel great!

Comment

Finished up a full PS hose replacement, all initiated by an engine filter cleaning, which revealed a leak between the PS reservoir and return hose and a rotting high pressure hose set (photo below). I used all BMW parts, and realized 1) a fine tooth flex head torque wrench and ratchet are extremely valuable here for accessing banjo bolts unless you have every combo of swivels, extension, etc. (my case); 2) while installing the high pressure hose to the rack, ensure no hard contact between the line and rack body, while simultaneously ensuring no contact between the flexible hose portion and the oil pan. The original high pressure line was turning to dust and is seemingly a different construction than the updated part. I used the Clic-R clamps at the reservoir, but couldn't get it on the hose to the PS pump so I used a CMP German made clamp there, from FCP...seems to be good quality, and isn't leaking. Filled with LiquiMoly Top Tec 1200. Good to go! And, I replaced a vapor purge solenoid since I had access.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_8315.jpg Views:	0 Size:	78.4 KB ID:	215001
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	HP-Line.jpg Views:	0 Size:	129.1 KB ID:	215000
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	HP_new.jpg Views:	0 Size:	146.7 KB ID:	215002
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	All1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	95.5 KB ID:	215003
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	PS_Inlet.jpg Views:	0 Size:	60.5 KB ID:	215006
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	Reservoir filled.jpg Views:	0 Size:	86.6 KB ID:	215007
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by kaiv View Post
                      Lined up the 3 of them and took a photo
                      I'm assuming you sold your LSB M3? I remember it from M3forum.

Comment

Originally posted by maw1124 View Post
                        Drove it. And appreciated what value for the money came from (1) Dynavin + Hertz + BavSound; (2) Dynamat doors and floors; and (3) OEM car cover. All worth whatever I paid for them. Left it for service + to install some SS brake lines, a TexaZ3 center console, OEM Imola armrest cover, Will ZCPM3 shift knob, engine and trans mounts and some other goodies. Little by little, but glad I started with a good car and some good initial mods. It’s a Vert so top down all I hear are music from inside the cabin and car noises from outside of it.

God willing, next up after this will be refinishing (or replacing) the front bumper (and wheels) with the cash I would have spent chasing exhaust mods. Driving it was a good reminder I don’t need any of those — OEM is fine for me, I think BMW M nailed it. Before, I wanted something louder and deeper, but now that everything on the road is obnoxiously loud and artificially deep (even 4cyls), I’m fine with this, especially with the Dynamat.

maw
                        Drove it again after this work above. Lovely! The willZCPM3 shift knob and gaiter are some of the best interior money spent. I love the new center console, even though I had TexaM3 refinish the wrong one (doh!!). Apparently the vert one is different from the coupe so I'll have a freshly refinished coupe one for sale and a lightly used vert one for sale when I get around to it. PM me immediately if you need either and I may be able to get it in the mail in the next couple of days. Otherwise they will sit in storage. Also a new lower steering wheel cover was worth whatever it cost. Interior is now what it should be, all but new seat covers which can wait -- these have a matching patina and are in good nick. I may explore having them steam cleaned. I can also really tell the difference from mounts and stainless steel brake lines. Everything is just a hair more smooth and direct, which is nice. Nice car!

maw

EDIT... the car is now clunk free, which it hasn't been as long as I've owned it, actually. New Diff mounts took out over 80% of it but whatever was left, the engine and trans mounts took care of. Driveline slack is now a memory.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by maw1124; 04-25-2023, 09:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayan-Viking View Post

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_0721.jpg Views:	40 Size:	46.3 KB ID:	214845 Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_0711.jpg Views:	38 Size:	43.9 KB ID:	214846

Were you in on the group buy/how'd you get it so fast?

Comment

Originally posted by Advorsor View Post

Were you in on the group buy/how'd you get it so fast?
                            I was not in on the group buy. After discussing lead times with Matt I realized I couldn't wait that long so I just ordered retail.

Comment

Originally posted by JudahJD904 View Post
                              finally did my rod bearings, the job wasn't that bad at all considering it was done on my garage floor. having a early model s54 with re-usable rod bolts that don't need to be torqued and loosened 3 times definitely made it easier. not looking forward to doing the same job on my s85 with new arp bolts. cheers!
                              S85 isn't too bad, I would also replace the vanos line/ vanos pump with an uprated unit while your in there, just make sure and lever style dial indicator (not plunger) with a solid mounting point to set proper backlash.

You can buy the OEM BMW dial/holder but its $$$.

I sure hope to own an S85 vehicle someday..
                              2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
                              Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
                              Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
                              RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
                              Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by bimmerfan08 View Post

I'm assuming you sold your LSB M3? I remember it from M3forum.
                                The next owner totaled it on the track. He was ok thankfully but the car was absolutely done for.
                                IG: @limited.slip

Mystic Blue / M-cloth E46 M3 Coupe S54 6MT
                                A̶l̶p̶i̶n̶e̶ ̶W̶h̶i̶t̶e̶ ̶/̶ ̶B̶l̶a̶c̶k̶ ̶E̶4̶6̶ ̶3̶2̶5̶i̶ ̶T̶o̶u̶r̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶S̶5̶4̶ ̶6̶M̶T̶
                                Imola Red / Alcantara / Cloth E46 330i ZHP Sedan S54 6MT
                                Titanium Silver / Black E39 540i M-Sport
                                Touring S62 6MT
                                Alpine White / Black E90 M3 M3 S65 7DCT

Comment

Working...
                                X