What did you do for your M3 today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ra2fanatic View Post
    @ EAS getting a bunch of things installed....CSL cams being the major task at hand..
    Is there enough difference in USDM vs CSL cams to make a difference? Why CSL vs Schrick?
    E46 324i k24/dct/turbo Build Thread
    Phoenix Yellow e46m3 Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by liam821 View Post

Is there enough difference in USDM vs CSL cams to make a difference? Why CSL vs Schrick?
      Honestly it's a very minor difference. CSL cams are 264's and the least aggressive option on Schricks is a 280/272.
      2004 BMW ///M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon 6MT
      2005 BMW ///M3
      Interlagos Blue/Black 6MT Dinan S3-R

2008 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Bamboo/6MT Track Build
      2000 BMW ///M5 Royal Red/Extended Caramel 6MT
      2004 BMW X5 Toledo Blue/Sand Beige 6MT
      2023 Toyota Supra //A91-MT CULG/Hazelnut 6MT

Instagram

Comment

I added a QJ to my garage

Click image for larger version

Name:	GPQT9168.JPG
Views:	318
Size:	108.5 KB
ID:	87247

Comment

Originally posted by Sharocks View Post

Honestly it's a very minor difference. CSL cams are 264's and the least aggressive option on Schricks is a 280/272.
          fully aware. I wanted to keep this particular build closer to OE spec rather than going the schrick route. Though there are honestly more things on my M that aren't CSL, but personally wanted to stick with CSL cams. Done tomorrow and tuned by HTE. can't wait to finally pick 'er up

Comment

Originally posted by Sharocks View Post

fully aware. I wanted to keep this particular build closer to OE spec rather than going the schrick route. Though there are honestly more things on my M that aren't CSL, but personally wanted to stick with CSL cams. Done tomorrow and tuned by HTE. can't wait to finally pick 'er up
            I didn't think there was a whole bunch of difference. Just wondering why you'd go through the expense for small gains vs going all in with a bigger cam since the labor is the same either way.

Comment

Originally posted by liam821 View Post

I didn't think there was a whole bunch of difference. Just wondering why you'd go through the expense for small gains vs going all in with a bigger cam since the labor is the same either way.
              Yeah, minor gains, definitely something I was going back and forth with for a while, but wanted to say I have CSL cams in my E46, fwiw. Probably doesn't make much sense but what's done has been done. Eventually I'll get the whole motor rebuilt for shits and giggles, but other projects so, we'll see. Need a break...lol

Comment

Yeah, minor gains, definitely something I was going back and forth with for a while, but wanted to say I have CSL cams in my E46, fwiw. Probably doesn't make much sense but what's done has been done. Eventually I'll get the whole motor rebuilt for shits and giggles, but other projects so, we'll see. Need a break...lol
                haha and that's a good of a reason as any! Make sure to post the results of tuning, I'm sure we'll all be curious about the gains.

Comment

Turbocharged my car late last year used a smaller turbo then I should have started out with. Had a bigger turbo on the shelf finally got around to installing it.

This turbo flows a lot better for the S54 characteristics and will allow me to actually make power all the way to 8,000 RPMs versus the previous turbo which was losing power after 6800 RPMs and choking the engine.

It took a while to get the turbo put on because since this is a DIY kit you have to do a lot of test fitting installing and removing several times to get measurements on piping for the wastegate and because I want my car to be relatively stockish sounding or quiet I chose to dump my wastegate back into the downpipe versus just open dump like a lot of people do so it always takes a while because I don't know how to weld so I have to do all my test fitting and pipe cutting did everything put together and then hand everything to a welder.

Also I currently have sedan E46 ZHP alcantara interior and that's going to be swapped out for M texture. Currently I have M3 front seats and sedan rear seats and four door cards at the upholsterer with seven yards of M texture getting that all put together.

And I have a carbon fiber roof on order waiting for them to finish a one by one example. So in the meantime since the car has so many things going on and decided to pull the headliner pull the sunroof and pull the front and rear glass.

what's going on pretty excited hopefully it all gets done by April or May.

Here's some pictures

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Nextelbuddy - Your car looks perfect, you've done an amazing job on it.

Comment

Had a Hot Wheels made of it.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

2004 Jet Black/Cinnamon 6spd ///M3
                      Build///Journal
                      IG: Khan_Art_

Comment

Originally posted by Ianb View Post
                        Nextelbuddy - Your car looks perfect, you've done an amazing job on it.
                        thanks! I'm itching to get everything back together.

Comment

Originally posted by KhanArt View Post
                          Had a Hot Wheels made of it.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
                          How did you go about having this done? Very cool.
                          2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
                          Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
                          Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
                          RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
                          Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post

How did you go about having this done? Very cool.
                            Groupbuy!?!?!?

Comment

2 weeks @ EAS....CSL cams, Euro OE Headers, yellow steering rack, Chase Bay Power Steering Kit, new OE diff/pumpkin and a new HTE tune.

Prior to headers and cams I was at 296whp, but put 336whp after headers and cams.

Comment

2 weeks @ EAS....CSL cams, Euro OE Headers, yellow steering rack, Chase Bay Power Steering Kit, new OE diff/pumpkin and a new HTE tune.

Prior to headers and cams I was at 296whp, but put 336whp after headers and cams.

Very nice, are you running the stock or CSL airbox?
                                2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
                                Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
                                Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
                                RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
                                Instagram

Comment

Working...
                                X