What did you do for your M3 today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ra2fanatic View Post
    FedEx finally delivered my Mile End Composites CSL front. Will likely get this painted next week to replace the Status Gruppe CSL front.

let me know if you feel like selling and shipping that status gruppe csl bumper to PA 😬
    β€˜02 LSB M3 (11k original miles)
    ’03 Oxford Green M3 (Turbo’d)

Comment

another weekend, another PR at my local track where i'm a member at. it's been the best thing i've done all year where i can hit the track as often as i want to.

also picked up an alignment rig for DIY alignments at home. no longer will i have to rely on shops to do a half assed job and charge me $300 per alignment.

Click image for larger version

Name:	131293872_10108622598490335_3080021091794921652_o.jpg?_nc_cat=102&ccb=2&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=FPF4FC3p5WEAX_iVtVV&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-2.xx&oh=2f8e70e2fccc891cb096158e1a451229&oe=5FFA8622.jpg
Views:	517
Size:	120.2 KB
ID:	73139​​​​​​​
      2018 Grigio Telesto F80 M3 DCT | :: Bone Stock ::
      2004 Titanium Silver E46 M3 6 Speed | :: Track Car ::

Comment

Originally posted by sc_tr0jan_m3 View Post
        another weekend, another PR at my local track where i'm a member at. it's been the best thing i've done all year where i can hit the track as often as i want to.

also picked up an alignment rig for DIY alignments at home. no longer will i have to rely on shops to do a half assed job and charge me $300 per alignment.

Name:	131293872_10108622598490335_3080021091794921652_o.jpg?_nc_cat=102&ccb=2&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=FPF4FC3p5WEAX_iVtVV&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-2.xx&oh=2f8e70e2fccc891cb096158e1a451229&oe=5FFA8622.jpg
Views:	517
Size:	120.2 KB
ID:	73139​​​​​​​
        Nice! But If you’re paying $300 per alignment find a new shop. My local shop does corner balance and track setup for half that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by eacmen View Post

Nice! But If you’re paying $300 per alignment find a new shop. My local shop does corner balance and track setup for half that.

The shop I go to would require a drop off in the morning so the alignment plus an Uber there and back adds up pretty quickly. Sucks to not have a closer option but now I have full control over my setups.

Comment

Originally posted by sc_tr0jan_m3 View Post
            Picked up an alignment rig for DIY alignments at home. no longer will i have to rely on shops to do a half assed job and charge me $300 per alignment.
            Nice! Where did you pick that up?
            TTFS Engine/SMG Tune - CSL 255 - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA
            Brembo 996 - ARC-8's - BWS 500S 9k/11k - Valentine 1 - BlueBus - Orion V4's
            Evolve Eventuri
            - VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser/CSL Trunk

Comment

Originally posted by WOLFN8TR View Post

Nice! Where did you pick that up?

Made in Texas.

Colton is a super smart guy and these are individually made. They are super beefy!

Comment

Cool Thanks...
                TTFS Engine/SMG Tune - CSL 255 - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA
                Brembo 996 - ARC-8's - BWS 500S 9k/11k - Valentine 1 - BlueBus - Orion V4's
                Evolve Eventuri
                - VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser/CSL Trunk

Comment

Spent the last couple days fabricating my corner scale pads w/ integrated grease plates. This has been pretty tiring with lots of cutting, grinding, and welding. But should be worth it in the end, this should complete my full DIY alignment and corner balance setup!

Comment

Oil change + clean up the beauty cover
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by timmo View Post
                      Spent the last couple days fabricating my corner scale pads w/ integrated grease plates. This has been pretty tiring with lots of cutting, grinding, and welding. But should be worth it in the end, this should complete my full DIY alignment and corner balance setup!

That's really cool. Are you planning on using these with a four post lift (or maybe two post with some tables)? Or will you need to be jacking the car up and down for adjustments?
                      2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Name:	0E444082-955A-462E-9A0C-9C81A82EDC5E.jpeg
Views:	404
Size:	88.4 KB
ID:	73817 CB install spliced to the glovebox light.

Comment

Originally posted by timmo View Post

Any chance of a diy writeup when it’s all complete?

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post

That's really cool. Are you planning on using these with a four post lift (or maybe two post with some tables)? Or will you need to be jacking the car up and down for adjustments?
                            Nah, wish I had access to a lift but this'll just be done in my garage at home with a floor jack.

Originally posted by eacmen View Post

Any chance of a diy writeup when it’s all complete?
                            Yeah sure - but probably not until I verify that the entire setup works, which won't be until April or May. Another caveat is that the ball transfers I'm using are like $30-40 each and there are 36 total (got lucky and one of the labs was discarding a bunch). But there's probably a cheaper alternative somewhere

Comment

ordered some new dunlop direzza z3 in 265/35/18 in prep for spring!
                              Instagram: @_Frank_Stone_

Comment

Engine bay detailing. Only finished about 1/3 of what I wanted to bc sun goes down so quick nowadays
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X