No announcement yet.

What did you do for your M3 today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m actually impressed with Status Gruppe this time around. I’ve been running their 1x1 front lip since 2014. I purchased a spare lip during their Black Friday sale. I figured this would cut the down time in the event I needed a lip. Fortunately I received the lip within a week!

Next up the Scza exhaust. That arrived the day after my lip. It was shipped to a different address bc I was afraid the box wouldn’t fit in my convertible. My friend and I installed the exhaust today and surprisingly it all lined up pretty easy. Granted I had to use a few shims like Cubieman did but this was expected as I had to do the same with my billy boat exhaust after I installed custom tips.

The exhaust lined up well, it fit pretty freaking good, and I am so pleased with the sound. This exhaust is proof that louder isn’t always better. I can actually make a phone call in my convertible now. There’s really no drone although I drove with the top up. If you have a convertible this exhaust is definitely for you!

Im still playing around with the tips as far as fitment. I lined them up while I had the car on the lift. I didn’t get a chance yet to make any adjustments while the car was on the ground.

Im very pleased, good job status Gruppe. Maybe they changed their ways or perhaps this was an isolated incident. Either way I’m glad it worked out for me.

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by DropTopKingM3 View Post
      I’m actually impressed with Status Gruppe this time around. I’ve been running their 1x1 front lip since 2014. I purchased a spare lip during their Black Friday sale. I figured this would cut the down time in the event I needed a lip. Fortunately I received the lip within a week!

Next up the Scza exhaust. That arrived the day after my lip. It was shipped to a different address bc I was afraid the box wouldn’t fit in my convertible. My friend and I installed the exhaust today and surprisingly it all lined up pretty easy. Granted I had to use a few shims like Cubieman did but this was expected as I had to do the same with my billy boat exhaust after I installed custom tips.

The exhaust lined up well, it fit pretty freaking good, and I am so pleased with the sound. This exhaust is proof that louder isn’t always better. I can actually make a phone call in my convertible now. There’s really no drone although I drove with the top up. If you have a convertible this exhaust is definitely for you!

Im still playing around with the tips as far as fitment. I lined them up while I had the car on the lift. I didn’t get a chance yet to make any adjustments while the car was on the ground.

Im very pleased, good job status Gruppe. Maybe they changed their ways or perhaps this was an isolated incident. Either way I’m glad it worked out for me.
      Interesting. You know it's a shame that SG has had so many issues because at the core, I actually like what they are trying to do (the product side). But I've stayed away for years because of the countless stories from everyone. Fitment issues, delivery times, etc. I think our society is way too instant gratification and in some regards, this supply chain shortage doesn't bother me one bit. But SG's wait times ever before COVID, the supply chain and the hiring shortage = not winning.

So you went from SS Sport (not street) to SCZA? I've got SS Race and it's loud AF. I bought it on a whim from ECS - they had it for about $800 in a scratch and dent sale. The scratch buffed out and it turned out to be the deal of a the century, but man is it l-o-u-d. I was thinking SS Street or Sport but if you like SCZA in a vert, that's got my attention.

Originally posted by eacmen View Post
      In the middle of replacing all the ball joints and bushings on rear control arms on the track car. Taking my time. Moving the diff out of the way was a PITA.

Got both lower ball joints replaced on the ground control adjustable LCA. Got upper control arm out and bushing pressed out.

I give you props for doing this with the rear in the car still. Or anyone that does it this way. I dropped the entire rear axle of my car when I did this. I *think* it was easier in the end, but I was also doing a restoration.

Also this last pic when I saw it from my phone screen, with the way that the shadow fell in this pic, it looked like the housing for the ball joint on the RTA was missing about 40% of itself. Wasn't until I turned up the brightness on the phone that I saw it was intact ha

Originally posted by jet_dogg View Post
      I told you to forget that you ordered it player
      TRUTH. I can't help myself though.
      Last edited by Casa de Mesa; 12-12-2021, 03:09 AM.
      Build thread: Topaz Blue to Shark Blue

Comment

Ive been having some fun lately with my SCZA, Eventuri, euro headers and euro sec 1.. I feel like Im 21 again haha.

This was the first time I opened her up in about 700 miles. I had the vanos and rod bearings done recently so I wanted to break it in smoothly. She definitely moves now.

Ill do another video once I get my PS4 tires.. I'm currently on LM reps with federals (2011) in 30-degree weather.

Last edited by DropTopKingM3; 12-14-2021, 11:05 PM.

Comment

DropTopKingM3 are you running cats?

Comment

Originally posted by LVMESM46 View Post
            DropTopKingM3 are you running cats?
            Yes, Oem Euro section one.

Comment

That was my set-up when I was happiest with my car, like 5 years ago - euro headers/eurocats/stock sect 2 and scorza with an eventuri. Should have just stopped there.
              DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
              /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
              More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by DropTopKingM3 View Post

Yes, Oem Euro section one.
                I would love to hear it in person. I work out in the boroughs at night on the roads. If you ever out let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
                  That was my set-up when I was happiest with my car, like 5 years ago - euro headers/eurocats/stock sect 2 and scorza with an eventuri. Should have just stopped there.
                  The best sounds my car made imo was Karb>Euro Headers>Euro Sec 1>Stock Sec. 2> SCZA.

I canceled my order for the SS twin pipe for two reasons, number one I didn't want to change the sound of my current configuration, and two I am done chasing HP gains in this vehicle.

I got so wrapped up in making gains I lost sight of what this car was about, not to mention spent lots of money I could have used elsewhere on the vehicle.

I wish I would have held onto my Euro exhaust components for a potential S54 Touring swap that will happen...quite possibly never.
                  2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
                  Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
                  Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
                  RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
                  Instagram

Comment

I have the same euro setup/SCZA mentioned above with stock intake. It does not sound good to me and feels muzzled. Wondering if an aftermarket intake will really make it harmonious. Either way, will find out next year when I put in the CSL intake.
                    Last edited by Epsilon; 12-15-2021, 03:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LVMESM46 View Post

I would love to hear it in person. I work out in the boroughs at night on the roads. If you ever out let me know.
                      I’m in Yonkers but I frequent the Bronx and even Queens.

Comment

Originally posted by Epsilon View Post
                        I have the same euro setup/SCZA mentioned above with stock intake. It does not sound good to me and feels muzzled. Wondering if an aftermarket intake will really make it harmonious. Either way, will find out next year when I put in the CSL intake.
                        We have pretty much the same setup except I have an eventuri. Do you have any sound clips? I was thinking of buying a Karb box but I’m pretty impressed with this eventuri as it is.

Im wondering if the OEM CSL sec 2 would sound different since it’s lighter and probably made a tad bit different.
                        Last edited by DropTopKingM3; 12-15-2021, 04:07 PM.

Comment

Got everything prepped to install my VinceBar. Unfortunately, and I should have just assumed this was the case, I have some RACP cracking. Only on the front right mounting point as far as I can tell. Measuring from the spot weld, it looks like none of them are more than 0.5-0.75” long. Some of the options I am thinking about (in rough order of preference):

- get a welder out here and have him stitch this up
                          - Vince Skinz
                          - simply stop drill the cracks and send it
                          - get the Lang reinforcement kit installed

Comment

Originally posted by nahvkolaj View Post
                            Got everything prepped to install my VinceBar. Unfortunately, and I should have just assumed this was the case, I have some RACP cracking. Only on the front right mounting point as far as I can tell. Measuring from the spot weld, it looks like none of them are more than 0.5-0.75” long. Some of the options I am thinking about (in rough order of preference):

- Vince Skinz

Get some plates, use the Epoxy version if getting a mobile welder out isn't a viable option.
                            While your in there...
                            2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
                            Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
                            Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
                            RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
                            Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by nahvkolaj View Post

- Vince Skinz

I like the vince skinz. I would stop drill the cracks and put those on. Diy friendly too because of the epoxy (that I like better than welding anyway).
                              2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post

I like the vince skinz. I would stop drill the cracks and put those on. Diy friendly too because of the epoxy (that I like better than welding anyway).
                                Looking more like I’m gonna go with a full set of Skinz. Found a crack at the left rear as well, so I think it’s time to bite the bullet and do the full underside as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X