No announcement yet.

What did you do for your M3 today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seems like a whole lotta holiday reinforcements going on. Got my vert torn down today in preparation for the CMP plates. Had one crack at the left rear mount, and 2-3 small ones at the right front.

Still have a little more cleanup to do, but for the most part it's tying up my lift this week till my buddy gets here with his mobile welding rig.

Also, I'm pushing 50 and damn my back and shoulders are not going to be very forgiving tomorrow. Lol.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Comment

Rhythim This is why I cringe when ppl say “vert subframes weren’t affected” lol.

Will you be doing a Vincebar or just the CMP?

Comment

Originally posted by Rhythim View Post
        Seems like a whole lotta holiday reinforcements going on. Got my vert torn down today in preparation for the CMP plates. Had one crack at the left rear mount, and 2-3 small ones at the right front.

Still have a little more cleanup to do, but for the most part it's tying up my lift this week till my buddy gets here with his mobile welding rig.

Also, I'm pushing 50 and damn my back and shoulders are not going to be very forgiving tomorrow. Lol.
        Is that a 67 in the background?

My father has a 67 GT fastback that he ordered new in 66 and picked up from the dealer in between Vietnam tours.
        Build thread: Topaz Blue to Shark Blue

Comment

Originally posted by DropTopKingM3 View Post
          Rhythim This is why I cringe when ppl say “vert subframes weren’t affected” lol.

Will you be doing a Vincebar or just the CMP?
          At this point in time I'm just doing the CMP plates underneath since they're the most labor-intensive from a disassembly standpoint. I'm told, but have no firsthand knowledge, that the bar designed for the coupe won't work for the vert without further modifications, so for now I'm holding off on the topside pending more research to see what those entail. I do expect to put one in at some point, however. This is my DD, so it's a little inconvenient having it torn down for long periods, and while driving my beater '85 F-250 diesel 4WD has a certain fun factor, it's not exactly what I'd call a good commuter vehicle.

Comment

Originally posted by Casa de Mesa View Post

Is that a 67 in the background?

My father has a 67 GT fastback that he ordered new in 66 and picked up from the dealer in between Vietnam tours.
            Yeah, it was my mom's car. 1 year into a planned 2-3 year restoration. She bought it new in March '67. 89k original mile rust-free base model 6cyl automatic. I finally got it off the rotisserie during Thanksgiving after taking it back to bare metal and starting from scratch. Block sanding it over the winter and will hopefully be shooting some fresh Candyapple red in March or April.

What can I say, I have a thing for red convertibles. 😄

Comment

Guess previous owner wasn’t a fan of maintenance.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by sbay View Post
                Guess previous owner wasn’t a fan of maintenance.
                Ouch! I would hate to see what the fluids and other things look like.

Comment

I dropped my car off to Ceasar at Lightwerkz in NJ for a Bosch mini D2s bi-xenon projector upgrade. I’ll be posting the final product once he’s done.

Comment

I also get a chuckle out of companies that utilize the -werkz suffix haha.

I never heard of morimoto and just looked it up, looks like it's a chinese startup from here in LA with no physical location based on their site.
                    2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Ceasar was a member of m3forum since way back. He did many retrofits, projector high beams / replacements for a lot of members. He’s semi local to me and he’s done a few different cars for me. Morimoto projectors are legit and I will also have bi-xenon as well.

Comment

Ouch! I would hate to see what the fluids and other things look like.
                        Coolant was purple, flushed out every hole with distilled water. Power steering fluid was below min, filled that up and will monitor for leaks. Oil change done of course. Next up, trans, diff, and brake fluid…even though previous owner said they were changed recently.

Comment

Originally posted by sbay View Post

Coolant was purple, flushed out every hole with distilled water. Power steering fluid was below min, filled that up and will monitor for leaks. Oil change done of course. Next up, trans, diff, and brake fluid…even though previous owner said they were changed recently.
                          Good job bro! How about some of the essential stuff like rod bearings and vanos ?

Comment

Good job bro! How about some of the essential stuff like rod bearings and vanos ?
                            Sooner rather than later for sure. Just changed the VCG and noticed no broken tabs, so probably bearings first, vanos/subframe after. Parked up for the winter for now.

Comment

Ceasar was a member of m3forum since way back. He did many retrofits, projector high beams / replacements for a lot of members. He’s semi local to me and he’s done a few different cars for me. Morimoto projectors are legit and I will also have bi-xenon as well.
                              Cool keep us posted. Where are the projectors made?
                              2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Originally posted by jet_dogg View Post

Cool keep us posted. Where are the projectors made?
                                China as per lightwerkz website.

Comment

Working...
                                X