No announcement yet.

What did you do for your M3 today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The remaining parts for the '03 suspension refresh has been had.

These will be going in mid October hopefully along with everything else.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

Got my car back this weekend after dropping it off at Tech Craft for a list of items.
      • All 4 wheel bearings
      • All 4 oxygen sensor
      • New brake lines
      • Brake fluid flush
      • Trans and diff fluid change
      • Oil change
      • Power steering fluid change
      • Replace vac line that goes to FPR
      • Replace throttle position and water temp sensor while intake was off
      ​​​It was a big bill but most I shouldn't have to do for a long time (if ever) again.

Now that the mechanicals are addressed for a while, I'm thinking of tackling the repaint i've been putting off for so long. I am tempted to add a CSL trunk to the job lol.
      Last edited by zzyzx85; 09-27-2021, 09:53 AM.
      "your BMW has how many miles!?"

2003 (2/03) M3 coupe Imolarot/Black 6 M/T - JRZ RS One 450/550 - Ground Control Street - SDW RTAB - TMS Street ARCA - Redish V2 - TMS solid subframe bushings - Volk Racing G2 18x9.5 - StopTech ST40 355 (coming soon) - Beisan Systems VANOS parts - WPC OE rod bearings - Karbonius CSL airbox - Kassel MSS54HP DME - Kassel MAP sensor - Euro headers and Section 1 - SuperSprint Sport - Recaro Speed - Schroth Rallye 4 QF - AS 30% SSK

build/journal
      ig: @zzyzx85

Comment

very cool to see all the preventative maintenance being done!

Comment

On top of a shit load of preventive maintenance and bulletproofing, I decided to replace my HID bulbs with Osram CBB “cool blue boost” and some new leds for my fogs.
          Last edited by DropTopKingM3; 09-27-2021, 07:18 PM.

Comment

one of these brakes will eventually make it onto my car.

Click image for larger version

Name:	5179C324-D8A9-4524-8057-F20707995020.jpeg
Views:	610
Size:	149.9 KB
ID:	129104
            2006 ILB | M-Texture

Comment

Made my own DIY euro O2 harness out of my US one in preparation for my catted SSV1 install:

Name:	20211008_110223.jpg
Views:	515
Size:	119.3 KB
ID:	130770

Now the post-cat O2 and EGT wires come out of the same spot as the transmission sensor wires. This way they can be routed down the driver's side to reach the new cat locations.

I didn't cut the conduit and fish the wires out, like most people do. Instead, I depinned each wire individually, pulled them out of the harness and then reran them through the new spot. I couldn't come up with a satisfactory way to reseal the conduit after it was cut (I hate electrical tape), so I did it this way.

Here's a pic with the post-cat O2 and EGT wires separated from the harness:

Name:	20211007_213139.jpg
Views:	490
Size:	143.5 KB
ID:	130771

Still waiting on some 1.5" diameter, adhesive-lined heat shrink tubing to arrive so that I can seal up the junction where the wires are now coming out of (bottom right in first pic). Fortunately, I can keep myself busy with the actual header install while I wait.
              2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

So after doing those preventative maintenance items, I proceeded to attend a track day last Sunday with some friends at Auto Club Speedway on the Roval course.

I had a great time putting her through her paces around the course.
                "your BMW has how many miles!?"

2003 (2/03) M3 coupe Imolarot/Black 6 M/T - JRZ RS One 450/550 - Ground Control Street - SDW RTAB - TMS Street ARCA - Redish V2 - TMS solid subframe bushings - Volk Racing G2 18x9.5 - StopTech ST40 355 (coming soon) - Beisan Systems VANOS parts - WPC OE rod bearings - Karbonius CSL airbox - Kassel MSS54HP DME - Kassel MAP sensor - Euro headers and Section 1 - SuperSprint Sport - Recaro Speed - Schroth Rallye 4 QF - AS 30% SSK

build/journal
                ig: @zzyzx85

Comment

Almost 1 month of ownership in. A simple job of installing a tow mount license plate bracket turned into reconstructing the mess of a front bumper I have. I’m honestly surprised the cover was still hanging on. The EPS mounting and plastic side brackets were almost completely detached. Short of replacing the whole thing, which might happen eventually, I’m hoping some 3M mounting tape and plastic bonder epoxy will do the job for now. Anything is better than hot glue!

Comment

Angel eye install. I went with the angel eye guy opaque kit with no amber switchback. Big upgrade from my Umnitza predator chromium’s 2005.

Comment

Sorry in advance if I’m post-whoring. I’ve been doing so much to my car lately.

I’m absolutely in love with the Avin 4 head unit. Once it’s installed you really need to sit down for some time to figure it out and configure it. Once you do that it can be very entertaining. I had OEM Mac originally and switched to a dynavin n95 (?) wince head unit which sucked.

It sounds great, loads up very fast, and not glitchy at all. Also the lights are near identical to the rest of the lights in the cabin once it’s configured.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by DropTopKingM3; 10-17-2021, 07:10 PM.

Comment

​ Finished refurbishing this set of HRE 449R’s. Just waiting on some new michelins

Comment

Drove my car in anger for the first time in a while this morning... The rear end is kind of like, wayward feeling in high speed corners. It's not "bad," and maybe I'm too used to my other car, but now I'm rethinking my next suspension, wheel and tire setup. What do you guys think about rear trailing arm bushing limiters? Do we like those on these cars? It's getting close to time to refresh a bunch of stuff under there so I'm trying to figure out what needs to be OEM and what should be upgraded, to get a nice middle ground that isn't too harsh. Current setup is Bilstein shocks and Eibach springs. Coilovers are in the mix and already dealt with, KW Clubsport. Tires will be 18" PS4s or maybe like a RS4 or similar 200tw street tire. The car does not feel squirrely under acceleration or braking, it's really just kind of bobbing and weaving a little in high speed corners and I'd like to reduce that. Sway bars are all stock for now as well and TBH I don't know where to go with that part at all. Any input is appreciated!
                          http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
                          '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
                          '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Originally posted by Nate047 View Post

Drove my car in anger for the first time in a while this morning... The rear end is kind of like, wayward feeling in high speed corners. It's not "bad," and maybe I'm too used to my other car, but now I'm rethinking my next suspension, wheel and tire setup. What do you guys think about rear trailing arm bushing limiters? Do we like those on these cars? It's getting close to time to refresh a bunch of stuff under there so I'm trying to figure out what needs to be OEM and what should be upgraded, to get a nice middle ground that isn't too harsh. Current setup is Bilstein shocks and Eibach springs. Coilovers are in the mix and already dealt with, KW Clubsport. Tires will be 18" PS4s or maybe like a RS4 or similar 200tw street tire. The car does not feel squirrely under acceleration or braking, it's really just kind of bobbing and weaving a little in high speed corners and I'd like to reduce that. Sway bars are all stock for now as well and TBH I don't know where to go with that part at all. Any input is appreciated!
                            1. inspect/refresh all bushings. OEM for street. Avoid poly. Monoball for track use.
                            2. Ensure you have a good alignment done. I had high speed sweeping corner issues and it turned out my rear toe was setup by an idiot (the previous owner)
                            3. 200tw tires are fun in the summer but wear fast! Can’t drive them in the winter in many climates.
                            4. if you get sway bar keep rear oem. stiffer rear sway isnt necessary. some racers don’t even run a rear sway

Comment

Monoball and solid everything.

Just kidding, don't listen to me I'm a masochist.
                              2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Downloaded a few ECU and binary tools.

Started with MSSFlasher. Took a full binary dump of the ECU, learned that I have a 211323002701-J469 version software running on it. Apparently there are 2 newer versions after that one, but I don't think BMW provides any release notes (what would they say anyways? "fixed a few minor bugs and provided general improvements" 😅).

Then, headed over to MSS5X Binary Modification Tool to enable 2 basic features:
                                1. 6MT Shift Lights: this is "dangerous" 🤣. Makes me want to redline the car just to see the RPM lights go in reverse. I know, it is childish, but fun to see it!
                                2. Sport Mode memory: my poor fingers can now rest ... every time I get in the car, I had to go find the button and press it (I know, such a big task, right?) Now the car remembers the "fun mode".
                                2004 Mystic Blue M3 | 6-speed | Coupe
                                Karbonius CSL-style airbox | OEM CSL snorkel & flap | Schrick 280 / 272 cams with followers | CSL inconel exhaust valves
                                SuperSprint 63.5mm stepped headers, section-1 with sport cats, and resonated twin-pipe section-2
                                ITG CSL Airbox Airfilter| Karbonius E46 microfilter cover
                                Karbonius M3 E46 CSL trunklid | Ohlin's BMS MI30 coilovers

Comment

Working...
                                X