What did you do for your M3 today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eacmen View Post

1. inspect/refresh all bushings. OEM for street. Avoid poly. Monoball for track use.
    2. Ensure you have a good alignment done. I had high speed sweeping corner issues and it turned out my rear toe was setup by an idiot (the previous owner)
    3. 200tw tires are fun in the summer but wear fast! Can’t drive them in the winter in many climates.
    4. if you get sway bar keep rear oem. stiffer rear sway isnt necessary. some racers don’t even run a rear sway
    Man's in LA, there are no seasons.

Ball joints in the RTAB is fine for street, so are solid rear subframe mounts from what people have said. KW CS is pretty... stiff.
    '03.5 M3 SMG Coupe - Jet Black / Black

Comment

Drove him hard, filled up the gas tank, then washed him. Came home, pulled onto the tire cradles for his winter hibernation, then hooked him up the trickle charger. Good night, sweet prince.

Cheers,
      Cody
      '04, manual, Dinan Stage 1 suspension and engine flash.

Comment

Originally posted by Oregon View Post
        Drove him hard, filled up the gas tank, then washed him. Came home, pulled onto the tire cradles for his winter hibernation, then hooked him up the trickle charger. Good night, sweet prince.

Cheers,
        Cody
        c’mon man these cars are the best in the fall. Enjoy her another month.
        Last edited by DropTopKingM3; 10-17-2021, 10:46 PM.

Comment

You guys are freaking me out with these gender assignments.

Next think you know you'll be naming your cars (please don't).
          2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Originally posted by jet_dogg View Post
            You guys are freaking me out with these gender assignments.

Next think you know you'll be naming your cars (please don't).
            16 years and my car still doesn't have a name... She does identify as a bad bitch though lol

Comment

Yea I have pretty much a full Powerflex catalog and Clubsports on my E36, my assumption is that same treatment would be a largely similar experience on the E46. That's not really what I want for this car though. I might actually go with a softer spring before I put the coilovers on. Bushing wise, I will have to think about it for a bit still because I want to do the job once if possible. I don't want to have to redo it a year later if I hate the choices I made lol. Also peoples opinions on what constitutes "too harsh" varies a lot lol. I had my alignment done pretty recently and I don't have any reason to believe it's been thrown out, but of course that is possible.
              http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
              '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
              '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

God help me, I ordered a carbon fiber roof. 🤦‍♂️

MVP Track Time

Comment

Originally posted by Feffman View Post
                  Found doing that operation much easier than I anticipated.
                  Pneumatic gun for the chassis glue and window glue is a big time help 😉

Gesendet von meinem LON-L29 mit Tapatalk

Comment

What'd you end up getting?
                    Build thread: Topaz Blue to Shark Blue

Comment

This is amongst the least necessary things I've done, but I've swapped out all* of my fuses for Littelfuse SmartGlow fuses. Idea is if the fuse blows, an LED will light up. Littelfuse is the OEM fuse manufacturer for BMW as well, so not cheap chinese junk. Now I can count on my hand the number of times I've actually blown a fuse, but still figure with an aging car it'll probably save me some trouble shooting in the future.

*Well almost all; they don't make a 40A glow fuse, so I have one that wasn't replaced. And I had to buy the 7.5A pieces separately.

Comment

Just dropped off my car to Performance Technique for this list of parts going in,

VinceBar Epoxy and Rivet kit
                        Turner underside reinforcement plates
                        CMP Subframe Bushings
                        CMP RTABs
                        Turner Rear Camber Arms
                        Hotchkis Front Sway Bar
                        ST XTA Coilovers
                        All OE/OEM bushings, bearings, diff cover, and rubber front and rear

This is number 2 of the big 3 once the work is completed. Last is a Blackstone Labs test once I do the oil change, that will determine if I jump on rod bearings immediately, or give me time to collect some parts. Cams, Karb airbox, and a tune is in the near future. Getting my build journal updated here. Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20210303_2050027502.MP.jpg
Views:	354
Size:	159.9 KB
ID:	133356
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Altaran View Post
                          Found doing that operation much easier than I anticipated.
                          Pneumatic gun for the chassis glue and window glue is a big time help 😉
                          I hope so. It will be a Winter project. Guys' gotta have something to do when the snow falls.

Originally posted by Casa de Mesa View Post
                          What'd you end up getting?
                          Lightest available was Lang.

Now about the 25 pounds I need to take off my personal chassis??!! 🤦‍♂️

Feff

MVP Track Time

Comment

Lightest available was Lang.
                            Sweet. I was planning on RKP. Really want Karb but the shipping will crush those dreams. Will look into Lang some more, I've only casually looked.

Now about the 25 pounds I need to take off my personal chassis??!! 🤦‍♂️
                            That might be the cheapest yet most difficult way to drop pounds from the car. Costs less to feed the monster in my tummy, but damnit if doesn't he get pissed in the process.

Build thread: Topaz Blue to Shark Blue

Comment

Karbonius vented engine cover and Mishimoto electric fan:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Engine Cover & Electric Fan.jpg
Views:	482
Size:	181.1 KB
ID:	133456

Comment

Installed my cooling pipes and belt system. Changed out the transmission detent pins and springs.
                                Waiting for the clutch to come in the mail tomorrow.

My new oem CSL trunk that I purchased shipped out today too😁

Comment

Working...
                                X