No announcement yet.

What did you do for your M3 today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My car needs to get smogged soon and it won't pass with the CSL intake, so I'll be swapping the stock airbox back in. Decided I didn't want to deal with moving the wires that run to the DME around, so I built myself a harness. Plugs into the DME and one of the power connectors in the ebox. It deals with all the necessary wire shuffling so that the DME no longer sees the MAP and IAT and instead sees the MAF. Also bought a used DME cover to drill through in an effort to make it look at stock as possible.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20210625_120626.jpg Views:	0 Size:	131.6 KB ID:	112124

Installed:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20210624_194422.jpg Views:	0 Size:	180.4 KB ID:	112125

Close up of where the harness taps into the power connector:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20210624_194427.jpg Views:	0 Size:	145.5 KB ID:	112126

Close up of where the harness taps into the DME X60003 connector:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20210624_194434.jpg Views:	0 Size:	154.1 KB ID:	112127

Everything installed on the car (minus the stock intake of course):
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20210624_195155.jpg Views:	0 Size:	182.6 KB ID:	112128

Happy with how it turned out and it should make swapping intakes a super simple task.

P.S. I had a breakout board for the X60003 female connector made and the fab house had a minimum order quantity of 5. So if anyone wants one, hit me up. Here's a pic:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20210625_123746.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	181.9 KB ID:	112129
    2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

[QUOTE=heinzboehmer;n112123]My car needs to get smogged soon and it won't pass with the CSL intake, so I'll be swapping the stock airbox back in. Decided I didn't want to deal with moving the wires that run to the DME around, so I built myself a harness. Plugs into the DME and one of the power connectors in the ebox. It deals with all the necessary wire shuffling so that the DME no longer sees the MAP and IAT and instead sees the MAF. Also bought a used DME cover to drill through in an effort to make it look at stock as possible.

That's a great job there. Always appreciate a OE-like solution to a problem. There's something about doing it like you did that makes it oh so much better.

That being said, reason #468 to NOT live in the Peoples Republic of California.

Mike
      02 M3 Titanium Silver/Black
      11 Tundra SuperWhite/Black
      16 X5

Comment

Or just know a guy

You get those mqs terminals heinz?
        2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Originally posted by jet_dogg View Post
          Or just know a guy

You get those mqs terminals heinz?
          Yup! Just not new lol

Bought a pigtail on eBay just for the male X60003 connector and it came with a surprising amount of wire, both in terms of length and in terms of number of wires. I ended up just reusing using those. The MAF terminals I just grabbed from my MAF connector. I thought I had done away with it, but I found it in my old parts box.

The biggest pain (and the part I'm least happy with) was the power connector. I could not find any place online that had them in stock, so I had to resort to getting one from a junkyard. There was only one E46 in the whole place and of course it was already terribly scavenged. Found the connector, but it's cracked in a couple spots and the wires are waaay too short. I'll probably end up redoing that bit in the future, assuming I can find a connector that's in better shape.
          2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Ordered the turner iat alpha n jumper on the 3rd, they shipped it on the 8th supposedly and I got it today the 25th.

Is this standard fare for turner/ecs? Luckily I don't need anything else from these kooks.
            2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Originally posted by jet_dogg View Post
              Ordered the turner iat alpha n jumper on the 3rd, they shipped it on the 8th supposedly and I got it today the 25th.

Is this standard fare for turner/ecs? Luckily I don't need anything else from these kooks.
              I ordered the Shark Injector reset service (where you send it in for them to reset it back to new) on the 16th and just got the email with return instructions today.

It took them 9 days to send an email 🙃

Comment

Originally posted by ZHPizza View Post
                I ordered the Shark Injector reset service (where you send it in for them to reset it back to new) on the 16th and just got the email with return instructions today.

It took them 9 days to send an email 🙃
                There's a reason why a FB group with 17k+ members exist named "why I hate ECS Tuning"

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

Comment

Clay bar on the trunk/Hood and started the process of repainting my rear armrest trim as they had a few nicks and I was in search of a project.

I absolutely love that solution you came up with Heinzboehmer.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210626_005044.jpg
Views:	485
Size:	83.7 KB
ID:	112181 Click image for larger version

Name:	20210626_002701.jpg
Views:	465
Size:	137.9 KB
ID:	112182
                  2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
                  Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
                  Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
                  RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
                  Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by timmo View Post
                    There's a reason why a FB group with 17k+ members exist named "why I hate ECS Tuning"

Yeah I'm pretty good about avoiding them but I can't sell this shark injector without them resetting it and they won't just buy it back so here we are

Comment

Originally posted by timmo View Post

Haven't they swallowed up TMS,BW, and BMA parts?

Comment

Originally posted by FBloggs View Post

Yeah, they are really big and took over a bunch of places. But I guess expanding so much in such a short period of time came with a bunch of growing pains

Comment

Let’s all pour one out for TMS. May they rest in peace. 🍺

Comment

I think Pelican Parts is part of that private equity group, too.

Comment

I think Binmerworld is still independent.

Comment

They did take over BavAuto too

Comment

Working...
                                X