What did you do for your M3 today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Arith2 View Post

Took this garbage(it's Chinese like the virus) off today and put the stock intake back on. I also ditched the Dinan strut bar because it got stuck in the strut tower holes. Top quality piece right there for over $400. I hate Dinan. Went back to stock strut bar which was installed after I lowered the car.

Did a water pump and thermostat.

Put on the B6s with Eibachs

Click image for larger version Name:	20201014_205858.jpg Views:	0 Size:	76.2 KB ID:	62054
    Added a couple layers of BMW wax. It went from disgusting to shiny and smooth.
    broken pic links plz reload interested to see the b12s!

Comment

Took this garbage(it's Chinese like the virus) off today and put the stock intake back on. I also ditched the Dinan strut bar because it got stuck in the strut tower holes. Top quality piece right there for over $400. I hate Dinan. Went back to stock strut bar which was installed after I lowered the car.

Did a water pump and thermostat.

Put on the B6s with Eibachs

Click image for larger version Name:	20201014_205858.jpg Views:	0 Size:	76.2 KB ID:	62054
      Added a couple layers of BMW wax. It went from disgusting to shiny and smooth.
      Which intake did you remove?

Comment

Originally posted by DropTopKingM3 View Post

Which intake did you remove?
        K&N

The whole design is just bad. AFE isn't different, just probably fits better.
        This is my Unbuild Journal and why we need an oil thread
        https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...nbuild-journal

"Do it right once or do it twice"

Comment

Ssv1 headers finished as well as some Sportline 8s wheels w/ PS4's. The Ssv1s made my car a bit faster and notably louder going from Euro headers/cats to Ss headers/cats, digging them so far.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	20201016_002823.jpg
Views:	390
Size:	138.6 KB
ID:	62266
          2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
          Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
          Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
          RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
          Instagram

Comment

Bro you should have doe the wheels later! You got 2 big go mods. The headers are great, but 20lb 18" wheels vs stock 19s is massive too!

Looks great too, I love them!
            DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
            /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
            More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Looks Good Brian! 🤙
              TTFS Engine/SMG Tune - CSL 255 - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA
              Brembo 996 - ARC-8's - BWS 500S 9k/11k - Valentine 1 - BlueBus - Orion V4's
              Evolve Eventuri
              - VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser/CSL Trunk

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
                Bro you should have doe the wheels later! You got 2 big go mods. The headers are great, but 20lb 18" wheels vs stock 19s is massive too!

Looks great too, I love them!
                I drove the car with the headers first tonight, I just got the wheels on about 20 min ago so tomorrow I'll see how they perform, can't wait!
                Thanks for the info on those wheels by the way, it was you who steered me that direction.

Also with the Ssv1/sec 1. I had to remove the heat shield off of my Sec 2. or it was touching right where the sway bar mounts up as well as the driver's side output flange which was a bit disconcerting. I used a few washers on the two rectangular chasis/exhaust braces and it helped Sec. 2 clear enough to where I can push up on it hard from underneath the car and it does not contact anything.
                Last edited by Cubieman; 10-15-2020, 09:57 PM.

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post
                  Ssv1 headers finished as well as some Sportline 8s wheels w/ PS4's. The Ssv1s made my car a bit faster and notably louder going from Euro headers/cats to Ss headers/cats, digging them so far.

Nice upgrades. Do you think the extra power justified the price tag ? I’m about to do euro heads and cats myself but if theres that much of a difference I might make the switch.

Comment

K&N

The whole design is just bad. AFE isn't different, just probably fits better.
                    The k&n was the worst mod I ever did on my car. I was throwing codes and I didn’t feel any extra power or torque on the butt dyno. I took it off a week later.

Comment

Looks great man. What did you end up doing with that broken stud on your head?
                      2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

The k&n was the worst mod I ever did on my car. I was throwing codes and I didn’t feel any extra power or torque on the butt dyno. I took it off a week later.
                        My car immediately started running rich and started falling off top end.
                        This is my Unbuild Journal and why we need an oil thread
                        https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...nbuild-journal

"Do it right once or do it twice"

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post

Looks great man. What did you end up doing with that broken stud on your head?
                          A local shop was able to extract it and re-tap the 7mm threads, so no over-sized stud, no heli-coils/time serts, that was quite lucky.

That thought me what I thought I already had known..take your time.

Instagram

Comment

Nice upgrades. Do you think the extra power justified the price tag ? I’m about to do euro heads and cats myself but if theres that much of a difference I might make the switch.
                            Can't tell just yet, its definitely not a night and day difference in power but I also haven't driven it more than about an hour since the Supersprints were installed. It feels like the Supersprints have gotten me more power up high than anything, I'll take it. They also give the vehicle a better louder sound which I really like.
                            The difference to me feels similar from when I went from US>Euro headers but maybe not quite as significant. That price is always hard to justify.

Instagram

Comment

A local shop was able to extract it and re-tap the 7mm threads, so no over-sized stud, no heli-coils/time serts, that was quite lucky.
                              Good to hear! 🤙
                              TTFS Engine/SMG Tune - CSL 255 - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA
                              Brembo 996 - ARC-8's - BWS 500S 9k/11k - Valentine 1 - BlueBus - Orion V4's
                              Evolve Eventuri
                              - VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser/CSL Trunk

Comment

That thought me what I thought I already had known..take your time.
                                Nice. Glad it didn't end up being too big a deal.
                                2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Working...
                                X