No announcement yet.

What did you do for your M3 today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, don't get too hung up on where they were made. In this case, the Morimoto projectors (whichever ones you choose, I've used a couple different sets over the years on various other cars) are good quality parts. Only thing I've ever had to warranty out was a single ballast unit early on and Caesar sent me a replacement right away, all I had to do was send a pic of the old one after destroying it.

Have been pleased with their D2S bulbs as well, am currently running a set in my OE bixenons.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Rhythim View Post
      Yeah, don't get too hung up on where they were made. In this case, the Morimoto projectors (whichever ones you choose, I've used a couple different sets over the years on various other cars) are good quality parts. Only thing I've ever had to warranty out was a single ballast unit early on and Caesar sent me a replacement right away, all I had to do was send a pic of the old one after destroying it.

Have been pleased with their D2S bulbs as well, am currently running a set in my OE bixenons.

Ceasar’s the man!

Here’s the finished product

Comment

Originally posted by Rhythim View Post

Also running their D2S, zero complaints.
        3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	016818FC-DD12-40E7-9F15-1DCCB630BE5A.png
Views:	467
Size:	387.0 KB
ID:	146007 Forgive me in advance, I haven’t taken the best pics. The headlight upgrade was worth every single penny. What a difference! They throw light further and I’m literally cutting walls, cars, signs in half.

I’ll get some better pics this week. I didn’t wanna get stuck in the rain with my temporary dry rotted 2011 federal tires.

Name:	536AB0A0-DCA0-4B48-939A-E3962449A0A5.png
Views:	468
Size:	313.0 KB
ID:	146006

Comment

Do you have a before picture so we can see the difference?
            2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

jet_dogg Edit… here’s a before after.

Before

Name:	601EB434-C493-4148-B128-0F8EE384CAC3.png
Views:	483
Size:	468.3 KB
ID:	146024

After

Name:	42AEF65F-BD1A-4444-9889-6EA60DB071DE.png
Views:	451
Size:	300.4 KB
ID:	146023

Comment

What's the difference in lighting distance? This would be my only concern if changing out the lights so I'm curious about the delta.

Incidentally, my stock HIDs are more crisp than the first pic perhaps because they're bi-xenons.
                2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Originally posted by jet_dogg View Post
                  What's the difference in lighting distance? This would be my only concern if changing out the lights so I'm curious about the delta.

Incidentally, my stock HIDs are more crisp than the first pic perhaps because they're bi-xenons.
                  The projector throws the beam further. In my case it increased the distance. At night I had to rely on the high beams for distance.

My favorite part about these is when you’re looking at the headlight it doesn’t look bright or full of glare.

Your current projectors are probably more crispier than mine were. My car is a 2001 with single xenon. Now I have bi xenon. Each of our projectors were subjected to different situations as far as climate, usage, etc. All of this plays a key role.

I also had Osram CBB bulbs in both before and after along with new headlight lenses. The lenses are wrapped in xpel so I may be sacrificing a tad bit of performance.

Comment

Replaced the washer tank, because it was leaking (not the gasket-- tried that first).

Name:	66250615176__5180D72B-2757-491F-9835-0252C515DFF9.jpg
Views:	740
Size:	94.6 KB
ID:	146039

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                    2012 LMB/Black 128i
                    2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post
                      Replaced the washer tank, because it was leaking (not the gasket-- tried that first).

Do you happen to have a part number on that bottle? Also, when you did this, presumably you fabbed the bracket yourself?

Been meaning to ask you this...
                      Build thread: Topaz Blue to Shark Blue

Comment

What is the battery in the drug bin for? Did you relocate from the trunk?

Comment

Originally posted by Casa de Mesa View Post

Do you happen to have a part number on that bottle? Also, when you did this, presumably you fabbed the bracket yourself?

Been meaning to ask you this...
                          No PN off hand, but it's the high intensity wash tank from the e39. I did fab the bracket myself.

Originally posted by eacmen View Post

What is the battery in the drug bin for? Did you relocate from the trunk?
                          The battery is 5 lbs, so it wasn't doing anything meaningful for weight distribution. The battery cable to the trunk is 8 lbs. So, weight saved it and moved the battery to the 4 cylinder e46 location :P

Also gained me a surprisingly large amount of trunk space:

Name:	IMG_0377.jpg
Views:	408
Size:	78.7 KB
ID:	146080

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                          2012 LMB/Black 128i

Comment

The battery is 5 lbs, so it wasn't doing anything meaningful for weight distribution. The battery cable to the trunk is 8 lbs. So, weight saved it and moved the battery to the 4 cylinder e46 location :P

Did you fab up the battery cables yourself or buy parts from an e46 with the battery in the front?

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleSidedTape View Post

Did you fab up the battery cables yourself or buy parts from an e46 with the battery in the front?
                              I bought the factory front battery cables from a junk yard in england. It was <$20. shipped.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                              2012 LMB/Black 128i

Comment

Originally posted by DropTopKingM3 View Post

The projector throws the beam further. In my case it increased the distance. At night I had to rely on the high beams for distance.

My favorite part about these is when you’re looking at the headlight it doesn’t look bright or full of glare.

Your current projectors are probably more crispier than mine were. My car is a 2001 with single xenon. Now I have bi xenon. Each of our projectors were subjected to different situations as far as climate, usage, etc. All of this plays a key role.

I also had Osram CBB bulbs in both before and after along with new headlight lenses. The lenses are wrapped in xpel so I may be sacrificing a tad bit of performance.
                                It's too bad we don't have any concrete data on distance. Factors like age of existing bulbs, type of bulbs (i believe you had non-oem did you not?), aiming and such could have been equalized to get real data on the difference between the original setup and now this one.

Comment

Working...
                                X