What did you do for your M3 today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jet_dogg View Post

It's too bad we don't have any concrete data on distance. Factors like age of existing bulbs, type of bulbs (i believe you had non-oem did you not?), aiming and such could have been equalized to get real data on the difference between the original setup and now this one.
    Yea I dunno what to tell you.. I switched to Osram before I changed the projector and installed new lenses. I even re-aimed the headlights. Now with new projectors I have great nighttime lighting.

Comment

Originally posted by DropTopKingM3 View Post

Yea I dunno what to tell you.. I switched to Osram before I changed the projector and installed new lenses. I even re-aimed the headlights. Now with new projectors I have great nighttime lighting.
      I'll have to look into these, my vehicle came with some very dark tint, I like the looks of the tint but nighttime visibility is quite bad even with bi-xenons.
      2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
      Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
      Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
      RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
      Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post

I'll have to look into these, my vehicle came with some very dark tint, I like the looks of the tint but nighttime visibility is quite bad even with bi-xenons.
        I feel the same way bro. I had my car tinted back in 2006. 20% on the sides and rear window 40% entire front windshield. The tint has held up extremely well. It’s partly because I removed door panels and rear panels.

I’m going to go xpel ceramic tint 35% sides and rears with a 70% windshield.

Is your front windshield tinted ?

Comment

I feel the same way bro. I had my car tinted back in 2006. 20% on the sides and rear window 40% entire front windshield. The tint has held up extremely well. It’s partly because I removed door panels and rear panels.

I’m going to go xpel ceramic tint 35% sides and rears with a 70% windshield.

Is your front windshield tinted ?
          Front windshield is indeed tinted, not sure of % but quite dark. It's really only an issue at night in the country, I pucker up at the thought of deer..

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200802_142511.jpg
Views:	460
Size:	177.5 KB
ID:	146216

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post

Front windshield is indeed tinted, not sure of % but quite dark. It's really only an issue at night in the country, I pucker up at the thought of deer..

Name:	20200802_142511.jpg
Views:	460
Size:	177.5 KB
ID:	146216
            Wow! That windshield is dark. Maybe some lighter windshield tint before upgrading the headlights ?

Comment

Wow! That windshield is dark. Maybe some lighter windshield tint before upgrading the headlights ?
              Yea, that would likely be the best thing, it's borderline dangerously tinted.

Instagram

Comment

Received my freshly serviced injectors back from R.C. Fuel Injection in Torrance.

Top end rebuild parts coming in fast now.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Last edited by WestBankM4; 01-07-2022, 06:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WestBankM4 View Post
                  Received my freshly serviced injectors back from R.C. Fuel Injection in Torrance.

Top end rebuild parts coming in fast now.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Did they give you the before/after sheet ?

Comment

Did they give you the before/after sheet ?
                    They did, I started a new thread on here to get opinions actually.

Comment

Got rid of what appear to be 99k mile original bearings and replaced with ACL.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Epoxied and riveted my VinceBar today. Used 3M Scotchweld DP460NS since I couldn’t get my hands on Araldite 2014.

Comment

Dropped the rear subframe of the track car for a bushing/bearing refresh. Also going to upgrade the diff. I’m getting good at this, out and disassembled in 4 hours 👍.

Comment

I changed the fasteners for the strut brace, not entirely convinced, let me know your thoughts. I think the OE ones with black caps make it more homogenous

Name:	StrutBraceFasteners.jpeg
Views:	685
Size:	149.5 KB
ID:	147330

Comment

Originally posted by maupineda View Post
                              I changed the fasteners for the strut brace, not entirely convinced, let me know your thoughts. I think the OE ones with black caps make it more homogenous
                              Looks clean
                              Last edited by nahvkolaj; 01-09-2022, 08:02 AM.

Comment

robgill what are the plans with the diff? Sending it out?

Comment

Working...
                                X