Size:	175.4 KB
ID:	205458

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0503.jpg
Views:	655
Size:	118.8 KB
ID:	205459

Comment

Finished my build and am 140 miles into 500-600 mile break-in for all the new components. Wow the car is so much smoother and more power down low, sounds better, even quieter/smoother tone on the freeway with a more growl-y, beefy tone overall.

Rear diff M clunk appears to be gone as well. I can't go WOT yet but even part throttle it's really nice. Autosolutions AutoX SSK with the RE single mass flywheel and clutch kit makes the throttle and revving so much more connected and instant. I do not miss that heavy ass slow responding dual mass flywheel! There is minor gear lash noise but it just kinda sounds like diesel injectors and isn't obnoxious like an aluminum single mass in a 420g.

Dyno tune is scheduled for Tuesday and will also be baselining my Dinan S E39 M5 before I put Supersprint headers+E85 on it. 😃✌️
      Last edited by EthanolTurbo; 02-15-2023, 02:11 PM.
      Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

Originally posted by EthanolTurbo View Post
        Finished my build and am 140 miles into 500-600 mile break-in for all the new components. Wow the car is so much smoother and more power down low, sounds better, even quieter/smoother tone on the freeway with a more growl-y, beefy tone overall.

Rear diff M clunk appears to be gone as well. I can't go WOT yet but even part throttle it's really nice. Autosolutions AutoX SSK with the RE single mass flywheel and clutch kit makes the throttle and revving so much more connected and instant. I do not miss that heavy ass slow responding dual mass flywheel! There is minor gear lash noise but it just kinda sounds like diesel injectors and isn't obnoxious like an aluminum single mass in a 420g.

Dyno tune is scheduled for Tuesday and will also be baselining my Dinan S E39 M5 before I put Supersprint headers+E85 on it. 😃✌️
        Is 500-600 miles enough for a break in? The BMW dealer told me keep it under 4K RPM for the first 1200 miles after they just rebuilt my whole motor.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyM340i View Post

Is 500-600 miles enough for a break in? The BMW dealer told me keep it under 4K RPM for the first 1200 miles after they just rebuilt my whole motor.
          500-600 miles is for the clutch system and diff as spec'd by manufacturers/engineers. Technically cams and followers don't need a big break in but I will continue run them at a wide range of RPM on the street/highway to safely "mate" them for 500-600 miles and then change the oil since there was assembly lube etc used in the process.
          Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

500-600 miles is for the clutch system and diff as spec'd by manufacturers/engineers. Technically cams and followers don't need a big break in but I will continue run them at a wide range of RPM on the street/highway to safely "mate" them for 500-600 miles and then change the oil since there was assembly lube etc used in the process.
            Oh sorry I thought you were the previous member that posted his fresh new motor build. Makes sense.

Comment

Got this…
              Click image for larger version  Name:	86E30869-A818-4024-9E00-A0F6CAE56B12.jpg Views:	0 Size:	81.7 KB ID:	205843

🤣

Comment

Got some Cobra Nogaros on the way to replace the Recaro Sportster CS. Hopefully they're more comfortable. Probably put the Recaros in my E39 M5 even though they're not as comfy as stock seats which is a shame.
                Let me know if you're wanting to sell the sportsters.

Comment

I finally got around to getting my CSL bumper sprayed in the cars Le Mans Blue, came out perfectly. The splitters are just sitting on the bumper in these pics, I won't snap them into place until I'm bolting them down. Splitters came from BMW in a very thin satin almost matt finish, so the painter sprayed 4 coats of clear to give them decent protection. I have the painted license plate holder also to go on. I have another project to finish and then I'll start putting it altogether in about 2 weeks...

Click image for larger version  Name:	20230218_101432_33A.jpg Views:	19 Size:	412.0 KB ID:	206049 Click image for larger version  Name:	20230218_101020_33A.jpg Views:	19 Size:	317.7 KB ID:	206050 Click image for larger version  Name:	Primary Ductwork.jpg Views:	20 Size:	100.4 KB ID:	206051
                  Last edited by kook; 02-18-2023, 07:57 PM.

Comment

Drove it. And appreciated what value for the money came from (1) Dynavin + Hertz + BavSound; (2) Dynamat doors and floors; and (3) OEM car cover. All worth whatever I paid for them. Left it for service + to install some SS brake lines, a TexaZ3 center console, OEM Imola armrest cover, Will ZCPM3 shift knob, engine and trans mounts and some other goodies. Little by little, but glad I started with a good car and some good initial mods. It’s a Vert so top down all I hear are music from inside the cabin and car noises from outside of it.

God willing, next up after this will be refinishing (or replacing) the front bumper (and wheels) with the cash I would have spent chasing exhaust mods. Driving it was a good reminder I don’t need any of those — OEM is fine for me, I think BMW M nailed it. Before, I wanted something louder and deeper, but now that everything on the road is obnoxiously loud and artificially deep (even 4cyls), I’m fine with this, especially with the Dynamat.

maw
                    Last edited by maw1124; 02-18-2023, 08:20 PM.

Comment

Finally got around to cleaning my headlight lenses.

Comment

Third part of the engine revision. From underneath...

Name:	P1050633.jpg
Views:	426
Size:	101.3 KB
ID:	207056

Name:	P1050634.jpg
Views:	408
Size:	153.3 KB
ID:	207057

Name:	P1050635.jpg
Views:	402
Size:	148.1 KB
ID:	207058

Name:	P1050636.jpg
Views:	406
Size:	166.6 KB
ID:	207059

Comment

Lemans 🤤
                          DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                          /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                          More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by maw1124 View Post
                            Drove it. And appreciated what value for the money came from (1) Dynavin + Hertz + BavSound; (2) Dynamat doors and floors; and (3) OEM car cover. All worth whatever I paid for them. Left it for service + to install some SS brake lines, a TexaZ3 center console, OEM Imola armrest cover, Will ZCPM3 shift knob, engine and trans mounts and some other goodies. Little by little, but glad I started with a good car and some good initial mods. It’s a Vert so top down all I hear are music from inside the cabin and car noises from outside of it.

God willing, next up after this will be refinishing (or replacing) the front bumper (and wheels) with the cash I would have spent chasing exhaust mods. Driving it was a good reminder I don’t need any of those — OEM is fine for me, I think BMW M nailed it. Before, I wanted something louder and deeper, but now that everything on the road is obnoxiously loud and artificially deep (even 4cyls), I’m fine with this, especially with the Dynamat.

maw
                            What Hertz speakers did you go with?

Comment

Originally posted by GreyM340i View Post
                              What Hertz speakers did you go with?
                              Hertz cabin amp (4x65). BavSound speakers. I went the simple fitment route. But that was over a decade ago. These days there are slim fits that probably work just as well. I've never regretted the BavSound though, although I'm not sure they're the same now as they were then.

maw

Comment

Originally posted by maw1124 View Post

Hertz cabin amp (4x65). BavSound speakers. I went the simple fitment route. But that was over a decade ago. These days there are slim fits that probably work just as well. I've never regretted the BavSound though, although I'm not sure they're the same now as they were then.

maw
                                Nice! I upgraded the amp a few months also to a Match amp and previous owner did the BavSound upgrade already. Was looking to maybe upgrade the speakers. Might try Morel Nano Carbon slim speakers and try to Dynamat the doors as good as I can.

Comment

Working...
                                X