What did you do for your M3 today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Albino09 View Post

Did you say your low beam is now replaced with quad highs? So the lighting you're showing is the minimum lighting amount and it'll get even brighter with high beams turned on?
    Just captioned the photos above to make it more clear. Low beam is just the outer projector. When low beam is on, high beam is both the inner bowls and the outer projectors with cutoff shield lifted (quad high beams). When low beam is off, pulling the stalk to flash lights only activates the inner bowl lights, just like how the stock bi-xenon works.

The reason why I get quad beams is bc I used a splitter for the high beam wiring, which connects to the high beam bowl and the projector cutoff shield mechanism. This was a plug and play solution, and I wanted quad highs anyways for night driving. Making it function like the OE bi-xenons would be more complicated and require some wiring work, I believe.

FYI, this retrofit is for single xenon cars like my 01 M3. I can make a thread with a detailed write up and photos, if anyone is interested.
    Last edited by SQ13; 02-10-2023, 11:02 AM.
    Silver Track to Street Car Journal
    Interlagos Blue Street Car Journal

Comment

Originally posted by SQ13 View Post
      I DIY’d, but if I could go back I would pay the $300 or whatever to have Lightwerkz install them.
      Agreed, when I did mine with G5-R projectors the dremeling of the original housing to get the alignment right was a huge pain in the ass. One of mine is still slightly tilted and it bugs me to no end, I'll fix it at some point but priorities.

'04 LSB Coupe 6MT
      All my money goes towards maintenance.

Comment

Originally posted by dukeofchen View Post

Agreed, when I did mine with G5-R projectors the dremeling of the original housing to get the alignment right was a huge pain in the ass. One of mine is still slightly tilted and it bugs me to no end, I'll fix it at some point but priorities.
        The worst part for me was the plastic dust from dremeling. Trying to keep the chrome free of blemishes also sucked lol.

Comment

The worst part for me was the plastic dust from dremeling. Trying to keep the chrome free of blemishes also sucked lol.
          Don't even touch the chrome, any kind of fingerprint and you're screwed because even using a dry microfiber will rub the chrome plating off. Thankfully, my mess was on the bottom side of the projector so it's sight unseen. Worst design ever.

Comment

I aimed the headlights properly last night. Huge upgrade over the stock single xenons, as well as the bi-xenons on my 05. The quad high beams are insane.

I DIY’d, but if I could go back I would pay the $300 or whatever to have Lightwerkz install them.
            Click image for larger version  Name:	AA166277-1F63-4888-99A4-032957FC828D.jpg Views:	4 Size:	40.1 KB ID:	204940

Low Beam
            Click image for larger version  Name:	97D2ED7B-C63E-446B-881B-CF868C712911.jpg Views:	4 Size:	100.1 KB ID:	204942

High beam
            Click image for larger version  Name:	AD8B0939-B97E-4647-AFB6-0BC3EDA89D31.jpg Views:	4 Size:	110.8 KB ID:	204941
            Looks great! I will be upgrading for sure after seeing this. Lightwerkz quoted me $525 for the retrofit labor plus parts.

Comment

Lightwerkz (Cesar) does excellent work. He did the retrofit on my lights probably 10years ago and the price was around $400 for labor at the time. Well worth the price of admission. Make sure you get some good bulbs for it such as the Osram CBI next gen or Nightbreakers.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyM340i View Post

Looks great! I will be upgrading for sure after seeing this. Lightwerkz quoted me $525 for the retrofit labor plus parts.
                I just made a thread about the upgrade if you want to check it out. It includes some tips if you decide to DIY, but honestly I would recommend paying the $525 to let the pros do it.

My silver car’s OE projectors were shit, and I was under the impression that there weren’t good upgrade options for the 2.5” single xenon lights. Replacing the bulbs with Osram Nightbreakers didn’t help. A few months ago, a member on here informed me that Lightwerkz had upgraded a single xenon car with Bosch Mini projectors

Comment

I bought a pair of Morimoto housings for my 4Runner through Cesar at Lightwerkz... Excellent customer service and support. I'll definitely be hitting him up when the time comes for me to upgrade the projectors on the M3.
                  Rich | 2001 E46 M3 | Alpinweiss & Imolarot | 6MT

Comment

Got some Cobra Nogaros on the way to replace the Recaro Sportster CS. Hopefully they're more comfortable. Probably put the Recaros in my E39 M5 even though they're not as comfy as stock seats which is a shame.
                    Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

Originally posted by EthanolTurbo View Post
                      Got some Cobra Nogaros on the way to replace the Recaro Sportster CS. Hopefully they're more comfortable. Probably put the Recaros in my E39 M5 even though they're not as comfy as stock seats which is a shame.
                      I love how the Recaro CS look. Sucks to hear they’re not comfortable.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyM340i View Post

I love how the Recaro CS look. Sucks to hear they’re not comfortable.
                        Sorry, my bad. What I meant is they're not mega comfortable to me and what feels good on my back and body. Others have told me they are very comfortable and I found them more comfortable than stock. Kind of a YMMV thing. They do look awesome and are a big upgrade in every way over stock.

Comment

Sorry, my bad. What I meant is they're not mega comfortable to me and what feels good on my back and body. Others have told me they are very comfortable and I found them more comfortable than stock. Kind of a YMMV thing. They do look awesome and are a big upgrade in every way over stock.
                          What part of the sportsters do you find uncomfortable? Nogaros are super tight in the shoulders, which can be uncomfortable depending on your body type.
                          2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

After 196,000 miles, Kontrolle Engineering in Rancho Cordova replaced my conn rod bearing shells. They used VAC’s assembled package w/ARP bolts. Also, a fresh set of Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S tires were mounted on my rig. Nothing new to this forum, but man, those are terrific tires.

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post

What part of the sportsters do you find uncomfortable? Nogaros are super tight in the shoulders, which can be uncomfortable depending on your body type.
                              Lower/mid back support on the Sportster never feels quite right, even changing the seat angle. I have no issues in my F10 535d or E60 M5 seats, I can drive in those 12 hours without issues.

It would be pretty funny if I put the Nogaros in and they're worse/unbearable. But I did sit in them before and they felt comfortable and snug. Wish me luck I guess, worst that could happen is they become a track-only seat?

Comment

Lower/mid back support on the Sportster never feels quite right, even changing the seat angle. I have no issues in my F10 535d or E60 M5 seats, I can drive in those 12 hours without issues.

It would be pretty funny if I put the Nogaros in and they're worse/unbearable. But I did sit in them before and they felt comfortable and snug. Wish me luck I guess, worst that could happen is they become a track-only seat?
                                Hmm, the sportster feels a bit better than the nogaro for me in the lower back area. Nogaro make you sit with you back pretty curved and the sportsters have a bit more lumbar support.

It's kinda pointless to talk about fit though, since these sorts of things vary a lot from person to person. Hope they work for you though!
                                2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Working...
                                X