No announcement yet.

What did you do for your M3 today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cobra seats installed with seat heats, glad I went a bit further to install the heating pads.

Only complaint is the reclined posting sits me too low and the upright postion is a bit uncomfortable. I added as much padding in the seat cusion as I could fit to sit up higher. I suppose it is what it is.

I may contact Brey Krause and see if I can get some brackets without seat mount holes drilled and then I could situate the seat to my liking.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20230209_125314.jpg Views:	0 Size:	79.5 KB ID:	204748 Click image for larger version  Name:	20230209_125354.jpg Views:	0 Size:	63.1 KB ID:	204749
    2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
    Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
    Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
    RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
    Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post
      Cobra seats installed with seat heats, glad I went a bit further to install the heating pads.

Only complaint is the reclined posting sits me too low and the upright postion is a bit uncomfortable. I added as much padding in the seat cusion as I could fit to sit up higher. I suppose it is what it is.

I may contact Brey Krause and see if I can get some brackets without seat mount holes drilled and then I could situate the seat to my liking.
      Looks great, may I ask how tall you are?

Comment

Originally posted by WestBankM4 View Post

Looks great, may I ask how tall you are?
        Thanks, I am 5'10", I guess about average height, not tall enough for these in the E46 apparently.

Have a set in a Porsche and I sit up higher but thats not a direct comparison.
        2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
        Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
        Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
        RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
        Instagram

Comment

Finally finished installing all mods and upgrades (Drexler LSD with 3.91, SS v1 + section 1 n 2, Karb airbox with snorkel and MAP etc, Schricks 280 272 cams, followers, fresher driveshaft, Rogue Engineering steel single mass flywheel clutch kit, Autosolutions SSK), and just waiting for a high quality drill bit kit to redo the threads on the last fucking cam cap stud that was stripped. Almost there!
          Attached Files
          Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

Bought it another companion!

Click image for larger version

Name:	FFB3E9AF-AECF-4612-AE22-8096EE2873DB.jpg
Views:	322
Size:	109.3 KB
ID:	204783

Comment

Originally posted by repoman89 View Post
              Bought it another companion!

Name:	FFB3E9AF-AECF-4612-AE22-8096EE2873DB.jpg
Views:	322
Size:	109.3 KB
ID:	204783
              Badass. Are those intake ducts replacing the front reflectors?

Comment

Despite being pretty happy with 7" 325lb front springs (bottomed out on GC perch, they went down to 13.6"), I had moved up to 400lb (6.25" tck), but realized it was too much, and ride height was 13.37". Got around to going back down, this time to 180mm (7.08") 60N/mm (342.6lb) H&R coils. Drop in rate allowed me to go back to medium position on hotchkis bar without the understeer I was previously experiencing with the 400lbs springs. Even on full soft on the MCS, car feels so great. Hit the canyons yesterday and car just gripped so damn well. Went up to a true 13.5" up front (from 13 & 3/8") which helps, but the 550lb rear springs at 13 & 1/8" ride height still have me scraping the ground on some of the dips in the faster sections. Need to go to 600lb + in the rear soon.

Click image for larger version  Name:	HR343lb (22).jpg Views:	16 Size:	66.4 KB ID:	204786
                Last edited by Tbonem3; 02-09-2023, 03:46 PM.
                DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by EthanolTurbo View Post

Badass. Are those intake ducts replacing the front reflectors?
                  They are, but they don’t really do anything besides throw air under the hood. Planning on replacing with the stock pieces. Parts like those and maintenance for this thing are unbelievably cheap, like 20% of the price of equivalent BMW stuff 😂

Speaking of badass, you are putting in like five serious mods that most people do one at a time. That is going to be a real transformation.

Comment

Originally posted by repoman89 View Post

They are, but they don’t really do anything besides throw air under the hood. Planning on replacing with the stock pieces. Parts like those and maintenance for this thing are unbelievably cheap, like 20% of the price of equivalent BMW stuff 😂

Speaking of badass, you are putting in like five serious mods that most people do one at a time. That is going to be a real transformation.
                    Yeah it was a tough choice because I like making incremental changes step by step to see how mod changes the experience... but because so much of it was connected or near each other (headers, clutch/flywheel, diff, SSK), my cam followers going flat/ticking in the head in a maddening fashion and I didn't want to spend money retuning over and over with more dyno sessions (each retune+dyno time is $500-600), I decided to bite the bullet, collect everything and get as many deals/low pricing as possible and do it all at once. My diff was completely worn out and my stock clutch system needed upgrading along with cam followers so I wasn't throwing out or replacing "good" parts. I just wanted to install the best stuff and be done with engine/power/drivetrain mods so I can focus on suspension, cosmetics and weight with a lot of track days to enjoy the new setup.

Will still get smoked by Miatas on track though! And yeah the Miata maintenance and upkeep has to be the best deal around on a performance car for the last 30 odd years straight. I would get one but I have an AP2 S2000 I've been trying to get track ready so I'm already invested into a time attack roadster with a torque starved 4 banger.

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
                      Despite being pretty happy with 7" 325lb front springs (bottomed out on GC perch, they went down to 13.6"), I had moved up to 400lb (6.25" tck), but realized it was too much, and ride height was 13.37". Got around to going back down, this time to 180mm (7.08") 60N/mm (342.6lb) H&R coils. Drop in rate allowed me to go back to medium position on hotchkis bar without the understeer I was previously experiencing with the 400lbs springs. Even on full soft on the MCS, car feels so great. Hit the canyons yesterday and car just gripped so damn well. Went up to a true 13.5" up front (from 13 & 3/8") which helps, but the 550lb rear springs at 13 & 1/8" ride height still have me scraping the ground on some of the dips in the faster sections. Need to go to 600lb + in the rear soon.

Click image for larger version Name:	HR343lb (22).jpg Views:	16 Size:	66.4 KB ID:	204786
                      I ordered Eibach 400 lb/in springs (6.69”) to pair with the 700 lb/in springs in the rear after going thru your journal. Now I’m worried I won’t be happy with the result. 😅
                      Silver Track to Street Car Journal
                      Interlagos Blue Street Car Journal

Comment

Installed Nogaros on manual sliders. So glad I found a set with black stitching - looks great. Also upgraded the OE single xenon projectors to Morimoto Mini projectors. I get quad high beams now when the low beams are on, which is great for my night driving needs.

Name:	9B81B324-9FD3-477E-ADF6-4818B75E4955.jpg
Views:	330
Size:	129.6 KB
ID:	204794

Ignore the mess. I cleaned it up afterwards.

Name:	9361DF29-05C3-471D-A062-780296390A1B.jpg
Views:	324
Size:	127.1 KB
ID:	204795

Name:	D38664AE-C3FA-4082-8F89-A67DA5700F73.jpg
Views:	327
Size:	130.0 KB
ID:	204796

Comment

Originally posted by SQ13 View Post
                          Installed Nogaros on manual sliders. So glad I found a set with black stitching - looks great. Also upgraded the OE single xenon projectors to Morimoto Mini projectors. I get quad high beams now when the low beams are on, which is great for my night driving needs.

Click image for larger version  Name:	9B81B324-9FD3-477E-ADF6-4818B75E4955.jpg Views:	14 Size:	129.6 KB ID:	204794

Ignore the mess. I cleaned it up afterwards.
                          Click image for larger version  Name:	9361DF29-05C3-471D-A062-780296390A1B.jpg Views:	13 Size:	127.1 KB ID:	204795
                          Click image for larger version  Name:	D38664AE-C3FA-4082-8F89-A67DA5700F73.jpg Views:	13 Size:	130.0 KB ID:	204796
                          I’m also looking to get the Morimoto projector upgrade. Did you do the upgrade or send them in? Also was it a major night driving upgrade over the stock Xenon when just using the low beams?

Comment

I ordered Eibach 400 lb/in springs (6.69”) to pair with the 700 lb/in springs in the rear after going thru your journal. Now I’m worried I won’t be happy with the result. 😅
                            Your car might be a little heavier than mine (I've deleted a lot) plus 400lb will go much better with 700lb than my 550 or even the 600lb/616(11kg) I plan to run next.
                            DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                            /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                            More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by GreyM340i View Post

I’m also looking to get the Morimoto projector upgrade. Did you do the upgrade or send them in? Also was it a major night driving upgrade over the stock Xenon when just using the low beams?
                              I aimed the headlights properly last night. Huge upgrade over the stock single xenons, as well as the bi-xenons on my 05. The quad high beams are insane.

I DIY’d, but if I could go back I would pay the $300 or whatever to have Lightwerkz install them.

Name:	AA166277-1F63-4888-99A4-032957FC828D.jpg
Views:	484
Size:	40.1 KB
ID:	204940

Low Beam

Name:	97D2ED7B-C63E-446B-881B-CF868C712911.jpg
Views:	485
Size:	100.1 KB
ID:	204942

High beam

Name:	AD8B0939-B97E-4647-AFB6-0BC3EDA89D31.jpg
Views:	475
Size:	110.8 KB
ID:	204941
                              Last edited by SQ13; 02-10-2023, 11:04 AM.

Comment

I aimed the headlights properly last night. Huge upgrade over the stock single xenons, as well as the bi-xenons on my 05. The quad high beams are insane.

I DIY’d, but if I could go back I would pay the $300 or whatever to have Lightwerkz install them.

Did you say your low beam is now replaced with quad highs? So the lighting you're showing is the minimum lighting amount and it'll get even brighter with high beams turned on?
                                2002 M3 Coupe | 1988 320i Touring

Comment

Working...
                                X