Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TexaZ3 View Post
    Washed the engine bay
    What products do you use? Mine seems to be permanently caked in dust. I probably need to use a brush to agitate the dust off everything.
    "your BMW has how many miles!?"

2003 (2/03) M3 coupe Imolarot/Black 6 M/T - JRZ RS One 450/550 - Ground Control Street - SDW RTAB - TMS Street ARCA - Redish V2 - TMS solid subframe bushings - Volk Racing G2 18x9.5 - StopTech ST40 355 (coming soon) - Beisan Systems VANOS parts - WPC OE rod bearings - Karbonius CSL airbox - Kassel MSS54HP DME - Kassel MAP sensor - Euro headers and Section 1 - SuperSprint Sport - Recaro Speed - Schroth Rallye 4 QF - AS 30% SSK

build/journal
    ig: @zzyzx85

Comment

Originally posted by gixxer View Post

Nice mix of new and old caps on the strut brace and brackets. Think i will put on the same new style caps on the brace nuts.

On a side note, wish i had known about your restoration service, before i ordered new replacement OE parts...
      I think I just got these caps off amazon for like $10 for 50 or something. They are not OE BMW. They look exactly like OE, though
      Yeah, I need to post here more often so people see the signature more often, lol
      BMW / E46M Interior & Trim Restoration.
      https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/c...ch-restoration

Comment

Originally posted by zzyzx85 View Post

What products do you use? Mine seems to be permanently caked in dust. I probably need to use a brush to agitate the dust off everything.
        Use simple APC (Simple green, purple power, etc) and small brush to agitate everything:

After that I just powerwash the crap out of it, and dry with microfibers. No dressing or anything, just soap and water. 2x year keeps it clean here in Texas.

BMW / E46M Interior & Trim Restoration.
        https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/c...ch-restoration

Comment

Removed interior and blower unit.

Next step: delete unnecessary wiring and remove sound deadening mats. Then reassemble...

Gesendet von meinem LON-L29 mit Tapatalk

Comment

Nothing special, just a wash. The interior is in pretty good shape I must say, so is the engine bay.

Click image for larger version

Name:	56C9A78B-DAD2-42E0-87D0-35A93FBB21A7.jpg
Views:	454
Size:	186.1 KB
ID:	202802

Name:	C879F035-4FB8-4FC5-8E63-E1EA0639B499.jpg
Views:	449
Size:	156.9 KB
ID:	202803

Name:	2BD16AC2-6EC4-4D5F-AC74-AA0841F97F21.jpg
Views:	462
Size:	183.2 KB
ID:	202801
            Attached Files

Comment

I have a full set of black aluminum cube trim which is in very good condition. Debating whether to swap it into my car or sell it (since I think it's fairly rare and would get a decent price for it). I would probably refinish the underside of the door handles if I were going to put them in my car since they aren't mint.

I've gone back and forth since I love how the stock titan trim looks but the black cube is nice too, any opinions?

Name:	v7NojVt.jpg
Views:	457
Size:	172.1 KB
ID:	202816

Comment

Originally posted by Thoglan View Post
                I have a full set of black aluminum cube trim which is in very good condition. Debating whether to swap it into my car or sell it (since I think it's fairly rare and would get a decent price for it). I would probably refinish the underside of the door handles if I were going to put them in my car since they aren't mint.

I've gone back and forth since I love how the stock titan trim looks but the black cube is nice too, any opinions?
                With the m-tech the titan complements better, less busy IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by freshprince2421 View Post

With the m-tech the titan complements better, less busy IMO.
                  Exact! I tried Piano black trims with my M-Texture i terior and Titan shadow looks better
                  2001 BMW E46 M3 Laguna Seca / M-Texture 6mt
                  2002 BMW E46 M3 Titanium Silver/Black 6mt
                  2006 BMW E46 M3 Individual Estoril blue/Black 6mt
                  2019 BMW X3 M40i Phytonic blue/Tartufo Individual

Comment

Installed RE v1 Rasp Pipe. Loving it. Putting on an SS Sport muffler next.

Name:	IMG_2179.jpg
Views:	394
Size:	147.0 KB
ID:	202907
                    Big Booty Betty - '02 E46 M3 Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by Altaran View Post
                      Removed interior and blower unit.

Next step: delete unnecessary wiring and remove sound deadening mats. Then reassemble...

Same things minus 3.5kg wiring of unnecessary options.

Name:	original_12c6709f-c17e-4e75-9c4b-0d660b5a2b6d_PXL_20230123_161430292.jpg
Views:	382
Size:	140.0 KB
ID:	202978

Comment

Originally posted by Slonik View Post

Damn! Forgot how much wiring is in this car. Here is my complete wiring harness except for the home made fuse box.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjae46 View Post

Damn! Forgot how much wiring is in this car. Here is my complete wiring harness except for the home made fuse box.

i guess its not for the street car with harman kardon?

Comment

i guess its not for the street car with harman kardon?
                            Haha....depends on your definition of "street". Its a bare bones tin can that only see the track.

Comment

Finally installed the (pricey) badge on the engine cover.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20230129_125450.jpg Views:	0 Size:	231.9 KB ID:	203079

I'm leaning towards leaving off the Karbonius cf strut brace as the 3 piece OE brace is much more convenient for working under the hood.

I've been thinking of either cleaning/dressing up the current bar or buying a fresh new one.
                              Last edited by zzyzx85; 01-30-2023, 07:22 AM.
                              "your BMW has how many miles!?"

2003 (2/03) M3 coupe Imolarot/Black 6 M/T - JRZ RS One 450/550 - Ground Control Street - SDW RTAB - TMS Street ARCA - Redish V2 - TMS solid subframe bushings - Volk Racing G2 18x9.5 - StopTech ST40 355 (coming soon) - Beisan Systems VANOS parts - WPC OE rod bearings - Karbonius CSL airbox - Kassel MSS54HP DME - Kassel MAP sensor - Euro headers and Section 1 - SuperSprint Sport - Recaro Speed - Schroth Rallye 4 QF - AS 30% SSK

build/journal
                              ig: @zzyzx85

Comment

Oh yes, that's still on the to do list. 👍

Comment

Working...
                                X