Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post

Sounds like you have to tell it now.
    hehe, okay. I had just done some work on the car the day before (not oil related, new expansion tank) and did my general inspection for leaks, connectors and misc. Nothing out of the ordinary except a very slightly weeping vcg and no oil drips anywhere. So I went to go get fuel and as I was filling up I noticed a bunch of oil drops at the fill up area, a straight line leading to my car. I thought to myself "wow, someone is pissing oil" lol. I didn't think much of it because A, I just went over the whole car and B, I didn't get a low oil light. When I pulled into the whole foods lot and got out I saw the same thing plus a puddle under the car and again, no low oil light, f*ck me right? Sure enough as I got towed home I noticed the leak started about 200 feet from my garage.

Side note, I also did some bumper repairs after some loser in a POS minivan swiped my rear bumper and took off. Sheered a couple foam support screws and caused two brackets bonded to the support to come off. Bumper still doesn't sit perfect (probably because they caused the foam to breakup inside but better than before.

Car has been involved in three hit and runs by three disgusting sub-human POS since I moved to LA, total of around 3k in damage so far.
    Attached Files

Comment

Lol glad you didn't run it completely empty. How much was left in there?
      2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by Icecream View Post

hehe, okay. I had just done some work on the car the day before (not oil related, new expansion tank) and did my general inspection for leaks, connectors and misc. Nothing out of the ordinary except a very slightly weeping vcg and no oil drips anywhere. So I went to go get fuel and as I was filling up I noticed a bunch of oil drops at the fill up area, a straight line leading to my car. I thought to myself "wow, someone is pissing oil" lol. I didn't think much of it because A, I just went over the whole car and B, I didn't get a low oil light. When I pulled into the whole foods lot and got out I saw the same thing plus a puddle under the car and again, no low oil light, f*ck me right? Sure enough as I got towed home I noticed the leak started about 200 feet from my garage.

Side note, I also did some bumper repairs after some loser in a POS minivan swiped my rear bumper and took off. Sheered a couple foam support screws and caused two brackets bonded to the support to come off. Bumper still doesn't sit perfect (probably because they caused the foam to breakup inside but better than before.

Car has been involved in three hit and runs by three disgusting sub-human POS since I moved to LA, total of around 3k in damage so far.
        Where in LA are you driving? I guess I stay out in the periphery cities, because haven't been swiped in all the years I've lived here. BUT then again....I spend a majority of the time on my bikes now...

Comment

Originally posted by Icecream View Post

Click image for larger version

Name:	20201126_003058.jpg
Views:	465
Size:	79.8 KB
ID:	69624
          2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
          Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
          Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
          RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
          Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post
            Lol glad you didn't run it completely empty. How much was left in there?
            Lets just say another mile or two and it would have gone into auto-disassemble mode. What's funny is how good the car felt while I was driving, zero indication something was wrong (granted I wasn't pushing it or anything), go figure.
            The hole was so small in the hose that I couldn't even blow air out of it after I removed it (I thought it was still good but there is nothing else there to leak like that), obviously the high pressure of the vanos was enough to get it squirting though.
            Originally posted by ra2fanatic View Post

Where in LA are you driving? I guess I stay out in the periphery cities, because haven't been swiped in all the years I've lived here. BUT then again....I spend a majority of the time on my bikes now...
            All over man. One was at my apartment in downtown, the garbage truck driver rolled the metal bin into the quarter panel. When I called his supervisor they said "do you have video?" I didn't, so I asked them don't they record their drivers they said "yeah but we already deleted it", trashy people, get it, haha.
            The other one was on la Cienega blvd and the other in el monte in a parking lot. Just crummy luck with the scum of the earth.
            Last edited by Icecream; 11-25-2020, 10:02 PM.

Comment

Installed some Storm Motorwerks titanium SMG paddles. The finish and detail are incredible, the tritium vials in the (-) and (+) even match the orange instrument cluster lighting.

Of course the shifter switches dislodged when installing, so a five minute job turned into a couple hours of disassembling the steering wheel.
              2002 M3 Coupe 6MT

Comment

Did this today. Was miserable

Name:	2B890CA8-6AEF-4B2D-AA52-9D583DEC63B6.jpeg
Views:	396
Size:	78.3 KB
ID:	71894

Comment

Got rid of the scratched up black paint on the tips of my Dinan muffler and made them polished stainless instead.

Name:	PXL_20201125_202921223.jpg
Views:	412
Size:	145.6 KB
ID:	71904
                  Attached Files
                  2003.5 E46 M3 Silver Grey/Cinnamon

MCS - Vorshlag Plates - SSv1- SS Dual 2.5" Sec.2 - SS (Hamann) Street Sec.3 - 3.91 Gears - BBS E88s - 996 Brembo - PSMax - SDW Monoball - VinceBar - DMG - Haimus CSL - Karbonius - HTE Tuning - AEM 50-1200

http://www.instagram.com/sid_e46/
                  Journal: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...grey-speed-run

Comment

Originally posted by Sid_E46 View Post
                    Got rid of the scratched up black paint on the tips of my Dinan muffler and made them polished stainless instead.
                    I know it's not a new idea, but love the rear emblem. Something about your placement and emblem choice on the CSL trunk just looks awesome.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Finally brought my new-to-us 2006 M3 home, cleaned it up, replaced the A-pillars, the center console and installed the CSL-style rear diffuser that came with the car.

Ordered a handful of other parts from ECS to finish the refresh of the interior, will be busy with that and lifting the car up 3/4" next weekend in prep for a set of 19" ZCP wheels.

Ryan

Name:	DSC05011-2.jpg
Views:	387
Size:	101.6 KB
ID:	71930

Name:	DSC05007.jpg
Views:	389
Size:	111.3 KB
ID:	71931
                      2002 E39 ///M5 Imola Red
                      1999 E36 ///M3 Titanium Silver
                      IG: @soflete_ryan

Comment

Bought used CSL suspension for my car. Is it best to buy new and replace the bump stops, etc?

Comment

Originally posted by HighSchoolDream View Post
                          Did this today. Was miserable
                          Stock headers with cats? I assume that's what got in the way?
                          '03.5 M3 SMG Coupe - Jet Black / Black

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeBeirut View Post
                            Bought used CSL suspension for my car. Is it best to buy new and replace the bump stops, etc?
                            Suspension is made for a particular weight of car. Putting suspension from a 3050lb car to a 3450lb car might not work so well.
                            DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                            /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                            More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeBeirut View Post
                              Hope it did not cost you much.

Comment

New Injectors and fog light delete (Hard motorsport brake ducts). Dremel worked quite well to the point it almost looks oem
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X