What did you do for your M3 today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by C///M View Post

I know it's not a new idea, but love the rear emblem. Something about your placement and emblem choice on the CSL trunk just looks awesome.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Thanks, just got sick of seeing a bunch of "fake Ms" so I decided to do the inverse because why not.
    2003.5 E46 M3 Silver Grey/Cinnamon

MCS - Vorshlag Plates - SSv1- SS Dual 2.5" Sec.2 - SS (Hamann) Street Sec.3 - 3.91 Gears - BBS E88s - 996 Brembo - PSMax - SDW Monoball - VinceBar - DMG - Haimus CSL - Karbonius - HTE Tuning - AEM 50-1200

http://www.instagram.com/sid_e46/
    Journal: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...grey-speed-run

Comment

Originally posted by r4dr View Post

Stock headers with cats? I assume that's what got in the way?
      Yeah, mostly a sensor was in the way. Probably o2 sensor idk. Just frustrating the amount of effort needed for such a small thing. If I had bought the flex head ratchets I tried to awhile ago would have been so much easier, irritating when Amazon sellers won’t ship to Hawaii.

Comment

Just finished up a major wire tuck project (w/the help of a good friend) that I've been planning forever.

Click image for larger version  Name:	DEBA92BA-5417-4301-8363-757BF7FCB718.jpeg Views:	5 Size:	134.1 KB ID:	72056 Click image for larger version  Name:	1B21AE13-C01F-4CC2-867D-F17DA410D773.jpeg Views:	5 Size:	134.8 KB ID:	72057 Click image for larger version  Name:	C45A1121-B861-482C-8A93-C675205BB02B.jpeg Views:	5 Size:	130.8 KB ID:	72058
        Last edited by stash1; 12-07-2020, 05:11 PM.

Comment

Great job! Looks great so clean. That soft focus, light and reflections ... looks like a shot from some 80s hairy metal band ballad music video :-)

Comment

Originally posted by rbg View Post
            Great job! Looks great so clean. That soft focus, light and reflections ... looks like a shot from some 80s hairy metal band ballad music video :-)
            Haha, right!? I didn't plan it that way...chalk it up to my bobo photo skills.

Comment

Started removing the front driver side brakes to install my Stoptech C43 BBK and found both rotor set screws rounded and stripped. 🤬

Comment

Mocked up my new to me Rogue Engineering El Diablo. Driver side tip was cracked, took it to a nearby fab shop and they sealed it up for me. Put it into the car, read the muffler hanger thread, took it back out of the car because I thought the hangers were backwards. Flipped the hangers, put it back on. Now they were really on backwards (they were correct originally) so now I need to flip them back. I also mocked up my super sprint section 2, but that will come back down to make taking the muffler back of easier. The section 2 just has the 4 center hanger bolts holding it up right now.

Guess I’ll be a pro at the exhaust before I’m all done. Euro headers and CPV O-ring on Saturday.

2005 ///M3 6MT Coupe Imola/M-Texture

Build Thread

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Nihilation View Post
                  Started removing the front driver side brakes to install my Stoptech C43 BBK and found both rotor set screws rounded and stripped. 🤬
                  Those are more trouble than they are worth. I dont use them anymore. Just drill them out. Lugnuts with the wheel on hold the rotor on. Just my $0.02.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Youtube DIYs and more

All jobs done as diy - clutch, rod bearings, rear subframe rebush, vanos, headers, cooling, suspension, etc.

PM for help in NorCal. Have a lot of specialty tools - vanos, pilot bearing puller, bushing press kit, valve adjustment, fcab, wheel bearing, engine support bar, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post

Suspension is made for a particular weight of car. Putting suspension from a 3050lb car to a 3450lb car might not work so well.
                    Im shedding the weight off my car, my aim is to have it close to CSL as possible

Comment

Originally posted by Nihilation View Post
                      Dealt with that a few times. Take a torch to them, then hammer in a torx bit you don't care about until it has a good grip on it. Make sure to get it nice and hot.

I would not use a bolt extractor, they snap off too easily.

Don't bother reinstalling the set screw. Not needed. If you do reinstall use anti seize on the threads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Doctor, the patient is prepped and ready for rod bearing procedure.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Today’s the day for headers!
                          2005 ///M3 6MT Coupe Imola/M-Texture

Build Thread

Instagram

Comment

FedEx finally delivered my Mile End Composites CSL front. Will likely get this painted next week to replace the Status Gruppe CSL front.

Comment

So for the longest time my car has had shifting problems despite new parts. It would last a year or two then require an adaptation via DIS which would take 10 attempts to get right then it would be fine for a good while. Then last week the car went full on psycho mode. Random shift problems I have not seen posted here. So I took it all apart, checked and replaced the springs (none were broken) and tried to readapt. Nothing, same error at adapt angle sensor. I had noticed my actuator was loose, 1 bolt was badly stripped inside and the other was on the verge, the actuator had about a millimeter or two of play back and forth as the selector rod moved back and forth, enough to confuse the sensor for sure. So I decided to get under there and hold the actuator tight while it adapted, flew through it in what seemed like a couple min, no errors, never seen it get through so quick. The only caveat (and this pisses me off because now there is a bit of unknown) is I did a bleed of the actuator just before this last attempt (with dis) but being that even though my fluid was a little low, didnt appear low enough to suck any air in and I could select any gear just fine with the dis software so I dont think that was it). So there you have it. How it got stripped I dont know, probably two decades of S6, explains the loose csb and shredded guibo haha. I tried readapting again without holding the actuator now and it still flies through. So I dunno. Gonna fix the threads and cross my fingers. Good news is I got the csb done (wasnt even attached to the driveshaft) new conpression springs, guibo and fixed a sheared transmission mount. Excited to see how it performs now.
                              Last edited by Icecream; 12-12-2020, 03:17 PM.

Comment

One side down!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X