No announcement yet.

What did you do for your M3 today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New factory fresh clutch and brake pedal covers. A while ago my foot slipped off the clutch and I didn’t really connect the possibility that the tackiness of the cover degrades over time. Noticeable difference from old to new! This was super easy, with a little help from a heat gun.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9577.jpg
Views:	365
Size:	205.5 KB
ID:	254001

Comment

Originally posted by Nate047 View Post

Yea, not gonna lie, I’m feeling pretty disheartened at the moment. I think what I’m gonna do is find a shop to repair this area, and add reinforcement for each of the 4 mounting points.
      At least now you have an excuse to go all the way and heavily reinforce and upgrade overall chassis stiffness.
      Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

Originally posted by EthanolTurbo View Post

At least now you have an excuse to go all the way and heavily reinforce and upgrade overall chassis stiffness.
        I'm weighing my options.

1. Repair floor and add basic reinforcements to the 4 mounting points. $
        2. Repair floor and modify roll bar to weld in with boxed feet. $$
        3. Sell roll bar for a loss and go with an integrated weld in half cage. $$$
        4. Push car into ocean. Free
        http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
        '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
        '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Oh man, I've felt the urge to do this so many times before.

I'm sorry to see that rust spot. At least it doesn't make the car immobile and that gives you some time to figure out how to approach it!
          2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Added a lip from Suvneer, some side skirt extensions, and Arc-8's. Gotta love SoCal 🌞

Name:	20240218_134909.jpg
Views:	318
Size:	220.1 KB
ID:	254028

Name:	Screenshot_20240218_145054.jpg
Views:	328
Size:	115.5 KB
ID:	254029
            | 06 6 Speed Vert - JB on Cinnamon| Beisan | ACL Rod Bearings | ST Sway Bar | TMS CSL Box | Megan headers | H.T.E Tune | 550 Injectors | OEM Section 1, 2, 3| 200 Cell Cats | OEM SSK | Bilstein B12| 712 yellow tag |

Comment

I'm weighing my options.

1. Repair floor and add basic reinforcements to the 4 mounting points. $
              2. Repair floor and modify roll bar to weld in with boxed feet. $$
              3. Sell roll bar for a loss and go with an integrated weld in half cage. $$$
              BTW the hole(s) in your floor isn’t that big. There is usually a plug in the floor right there and it’s common to see rust there once you remove the tar sound deadening.

For sure a weld in roll bar is a better option but not as reversible as a bolt in roll bar.

2001 BMW E46 M3 Laguna Seca / M-Texture 6mt
              2002 BMW E46 M3 Titanium Silver/Black 6mt
              2006 BMW E46 M3 Individual Estoril blue/Black 6mt
              2019 BMW X3 M40i Phytonic blue/Tartufo Individual

Comment

Originally posted by jet_dogg View Post

Damn Nate I feel for you man, can't catch a break.
                It’s my own fault for buying a cheap car from the rust belt.
                '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Originally posted by Gt4 View Post

BTW the hole(s) in your floor isn’t that big. There is usually a plug in the floor right there and it’s common to see rust there once you remove the tar sound deadening.

For sure a weld in roll bar is a better option but not as reversible as a bolt in roll bar.
                  Thank you, I know you know a lot about this subject. And I know the rust isn’t THAT bad, but it kills my timeframe and puts another delay on things, etc… I was on track to get the car actually “done” before we move March 1st. But now I will have to reprioritize some things.
                  '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post

Oh man, I've felt the urge to do this so many times before.

I'm sorry to see that rust spot. At least it doesn't make the car immobile and that gives you some time to figure out how to approach it!
                    Exactly, the silver lining is it’s not going to affect the ability to move the car around.

Another fun thing I hadn’t shared with anyone yet, I actually had to buy another subframe. Mine was damaged and repaired improperly at some point in the past. Not worth the time needed to repair and refinish it. So another $300 at the wrecker. At least the new one is cleaner and almost rust free lol. 😮‍💨​
                    '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Originally posted by bmwfnatic View Post

I never understood why (half) cages always mount to this part of the car, this is incredibly thin and weak sheet metal, and as you just discovered a place that likes to rust.
                      Nate047 - Jeez dude, no one could have seen that one coming. You have a solid handle on the subject of racp/reinforcement, looking forward to how you solve it and make it better than before.
                      | 06 6 Speed Vert - JB on Cinnamon| Beisan | ACL Rod Bearings | ST Sway Bar | TMS CSL Box | Megan headers | H.T.E Tune | 550 Injectors | OEM Section 1, 2, 3| 200 Cell Cats | OEM SSK | Bilstein B12| 712 yellow tag |

Comment

Thanks man, I need to ask around and consider the options.

I'm going to work on the less annoying half of the car now lol

Name:	IMG_0846.jpg
Views:	278
Size:	255.0 KB
ID:	254052
                        '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

i decided to try and bond the grill holder brackets back to the bumper cover after the morons that transported my car kissed the fascia and broke some of the tabs that snap them together.

i tried to be as clean as possible and the photos make the job look messy, but it is actually pretty good

I used the picture 9460 epoxy I have left over from another project. I hope it holds, I will wait for the 72hrs cure for full bond strength.

the ties were to keep the parts together while the resin cures.

Name:	IMG_0289.jpg
Views:	237
Size:	139.6 KB
ID:	254212

Name:	IMG_0290.jpg
Views:	233
Size:	111.5 KB
ID:	254213

Comment

The problem with owning a car that is and has been "done" (and running good) is, well, you don't have anything to do anymore. I look forward to my yearly oil change these days, so enjoy a pic of a Mahle oil filter. I'm going to have to invent some problem to fix on this car lol.

Name:	IMG_4835.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	325.9 KB
ID:	254441

3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Originally posted by oceansize View Post
                              The problem with owning a car that is and has been "done" (and running good) is, well, you don't have anything to do anymore. I look forward to my yearly oil change these days, so enjoy a pic of a Mahle oil filter. I'm going to have to invent some problem to fix on this car lol.

The car still has 20 year old components on it, so don't worry about inventing problems lol

Comment

Originally posted by oceansize View Post

Name:	IMG_4835.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	325.9 KB
ID:	254441
                                Here's a problem: No more OX187D filters! Not sure if that's really case but I stocked up. But to Slidways' point, you won't have to invent anything!

Comment

Working...
                                X