What did you do for your M3 today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mrgizmo04 View Post

If your car sits outside and sees a lot of UV, protect them with a film.

I can't vouch for these yet (I just got a headlight kit for our family car which sits outside, but haven't applied yet), but something like this. They come precut for many different cars. XPEL is also what a lot of shops use for ppf. Worth a try for $50.

Doing headlights with precut kit as diy should be simple. Doing major panels as diy based on these cuts I might not do as these don't look like they wrap to the inside to make the cuts/seams invisible.

Headlight kit should be at the very bottom of the page.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Huh, thanks for the link. For ~$50 not bad, and cool to see the other options

Comment

You Need a new floor.maybe get a black Friday deal.plates are not enough.

Last edited by benzthis; 11-23-2022, 11:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BTB View Post

Huh, thanks for the link. For ~$50 not bad, and cool to see the other options
        Yeah and to clarify, for $50 worth a try meaning to see how well the precuts fit. In terms of PPF actually protecting from UV to avoid yellowing/hazing of the plastics, that's a definite.

Tricks like toothpaste/shaving cream sometimes don't work or partially work for a period of time.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Youtube DIYs and more

All jobs done as diy - clutch, rod bearings, rear subframe rebush, vanos, headers, cooling, suspension, etc.

PM for help in NorCal. Have a lot of specialty tools - vanos, pilot bearing puller, bushing press kit, valve adjustment, fcab, wheel bearing, engine support bar, etc.

Comment

Technically not today but over the weekend, put fresh lenses, seals, and amber corners. Also removed some old CCFL Angel eyes that were not connected. I did something funky reinstalling the headlights as headlight where all out of whack so i needed to re aim them. Also found out you cant order the smaller bolts silver bolts from the headlight and need to order repair kit. I have almost 1 year ownership, funny finding missing pieces while refreshing items.
          Last edited by elrichmeister; 11-23-2022, 02:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by elrichmeister View Post
            Technically not today but over the weekend, put fresh lenses, seals, and amber corners. Also removed some old CCFL Angel eyes that were not connected. I did something funky reinstalling the headlights as headlight where all out of whack so i needed to re aim them. Also found out you cant order the smaller bolts silver bolts from the headlight and need to order repair kit. I have almost 1 year ownership, funny finding missing pieces while refreshing items.
            Link to what lenses you purchased? are they OEM?

Comment

Originally posted by rjsimz View Post

Link to what lenses you purchased? are they OEM?
              Not OEM, took a gamble with Ebay ones. Lets see how long they last and seal
              Features: 100% brand new and high quality Portable and durable, lightweight, easy to carry Made of high quality plastic material, environment-friendly, light weight and durable. Transparent shell, does not affect the light emission. Protect your headlight of your car from breaking, dustproof and waterproof. Easy to remove and install. Made of high quality polycarbonate with a protective UV coating which prevents yellowing or fading. Perfect for a clean, revitalized look.   Detail: Color:White Surface finish: Crystal Material:Polycarbonate Position: Front Left,Right   Fitment: .

if they dont hold up ill probably just order OEM ones

Comment

Originally posted by ra2fanatic View Post

Nice nice. Yeah, I almost pulled the trigger for my M2 CS, but on the fence because at some point I've gotta get a new set of CCB's for it, but also considering selling it and getting a 991.2 GT3, so a lot of things to think about...
                If you're not tracking the M2 CS I'd run the CCBs still, but definitely understand the temptation for a GT3...Although I'd miss the torque and playfulness of the M2 CS too. A tough, but fun decision to ponder. Both complement the E46 M3 well!

Originally posted by BTB View Post

Very nice, I'm running PS4Ss and they are the first tire I re-bought as well. Hankook RS3 was the most aggressive tire I had-- definitely enjoyable on track but the PS4S is oh so sweet on the street. Kind of curious how the PS4S and Cup 2 compare directly.

Thank you, I moved to Austin early this year! Was in Dallas from 2020 but I did spend some prior time on the west coast and managed to do a PCA track day at Laguna. Did COTA in 2020 but I'd really like to get out to others (eg Harris Hill).

PM me if you are going for a drive sometime!

The Cup 2s are definitely noisier and stiffer than the PS4Ss, but they're still completely tolerable for daily duty and offer noticeably more grip (than the RS3s as well) and steering feel, and importantly will offer most of that grip throughout a 30 minute session long after the PS4S will need a cool down lap or two. The PS4S is a great tire to have handy for a rainy track day but the PSC2 does get by fine provided most of its tread is remaining. There's a small group of us e46/e92/f87 BMW guys planning at being at COTA for Edge Addicts December 17th and 18th, it'd be great if you could join us in the sea of GT3s!
                Last edited by Jickel180; 11-23-2022, 08:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jickel180 View Post

If you're not tracking the M2 CS I'd run the CCBs still, but definitely understand the temptation for a GT3...Although I'd miss the torque and playfulness of the M2 CS too. A tough, but fun decision to ponder. Both complement the E46 M3 well!
                  Most definitely track the snot outta it.

Comment

Originally posted by ra2fanatic View Post

Most definitely track the snot outta it.
                    Lol I'd shelve the CCBs personally then. You can run 18s"s, and if you ever sold your future Essex APs, you'd get a good amount of your money back and the CCBs will still look great for resale purposes.

Comment

Lol I'd shelve the CCBs personally then. You can run 18s"s, and if you ever sold your future Essex APs, you'd get a good amount of your money back and the CCBs will still look great for resale purposes.
                      I'm a sucker for low/no brake dust. it's the price to pay to look good

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	419A2C34-E1EF-458A-B4EE-273D2FA7A55E.jpg
Views:	392
Size:	137.1 KB
ID:	194635

Finished getting my M3 Touring project ready to go to the body shop to start the metal work.

Here’s my build journal

'01 M3, JB/IR, SS, TCK DA, Apex, TMS CSL, HTE, 4:10 gears - original owner
                        '00 slicktop Touring converting to full M3 Touring

Comment

The Cup 2s are definitely noisier and stiffer than the PS4Ss, but they're still completely tolerable for daily duty and offer noticeably more grip (than the RS3s as well) and steering feel, and importantly will offer most of that grip throughout a 30 minute session long after the PS4S will need a cool down lap or two. The PS4S is a great tire to have handy for a rainy track day but the PSC2 does get by fine provided most of its tread is remaining. There's a small group of us e46/e92/f87 BMW guys planning at being at COTA for Edge Addicts December 17th and 18th, it'd be great if you could join us in the sea of GT3s!
                          You know what, after further review I booked the track experience with Edge Addicts for Sat Dec 17! Full track day has no more availability but I don't mind doing just a few laps for lower price. Thanks for the note, I'll keep an eye out for ya!

Comment

Tackling the VANOS this weekend.
                            - Exhaust hub
                            - Oil pump disk
                            - Seal kit
                            - Anti-rattle kit
                            - Coil pack
                            - Solenoid block seals
                            - Chain guide
                            - Cam bolts

The Teflon seals are a bit nerve-wracking the first time, but all the help here on NAM3Forum and Beisan Systems helps a lot. I’m a sucker for nice precision parts, and damn that Beisan hub is nice.

The Beisan guide advocates using a genuine BMW timing bridge due to others not being precise enough. I got a Schwaben through turner and it has a small amount of slop. Is that going to be an issue?

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20221203_110838.jpg
Views:	653
Size:	156.7 KB
ID:	194914 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20221203_132003.jpg
Views:	642
Size:	137.0 KB
ID:	194915
                              ​​​​​​Getting close to finishing the sideskirt extensions

Comment

I looked at pictures of it on my phone. Been sitting for 2 years. Soon, soon..
                                E46 M3 | C7 RS7

Comment

Working...
                                X