What did you do for your M3 today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by crow4213 View Post

whoah nice, is that the new karbonius stock airbox replacement?
    Yes it is

Comment

Originally posted by maupineda View Post

Yes it is
      Please post some clips! Very interested to see how it sounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Calb View Post
        Click image for larger version

Name:	9A6139A8-2B95-4E05-9C95-E0E059FD89E8.jpg
Views:	711
Size:	113.3 KB
ID:	190561 I poached the rear headrest delete from a forum member. Can’t remember whose idea it was but I thought it looked great.
        Hey I think that was me!! Looks awesome! Glad someone else found it useful.

Build thread: Topaz Blue to Shark Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Jickel180 View Post
          Productive weekend here! Retired the 13 year old Stoptech ST40s for some Essex AP 9660s in ENP finish. Can't wait to feel the difference on track.

Before:

Name:	IMG_6227.jpg
Views:	639
Size:	43.9 KB
ID:	192308

​​

After:

Name:	IMG_6232.jpg
Views:	622
Size:	47.4 KB
ID:	192309

Name:	IMG_6233.jpg
Views:	625
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	192310

Name:	IMG_6238.jpg
Views:	636
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	192311
          damn, you didn't wait long after hte ENP announcement to pick these badboys up! Congrats!

Comment

Fabricating some side skirt extensions that go to the center tunnel Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20221120_111725.jpg
Views:	412
Size:	143.9 KB
ID:	193102

Comment

New headlight lenses, seals, Xenon bulbs and stealth corners 😎

At 211k miles the original (I think) lenses had seen better days, glad to have refreshed these guys. Stealth corner lights really help clean things up too

Comment

Productive weekend here! Retired the 13 year old Stoptech ST40s for some Essex AP 9660s in ENP finish. Can't wait to feel the difference on track.

Before:

Name:	IMG_6227.jpg
Views:	639
Size:	43.9 KB
ID:	192308

​​

After:

Name:	IMG_6232.jpg
Views:	622
Size:	47.4 KB
ID:	192309

Name:	IMG_6233.jpg
Views:	625
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	192310

Name:	IMG_6238.jpg
Views:	636
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	192311
                Very nice … that is quite a wheel/tire/brake combo, how are the cup 2s?

Comment

Originally posted by ra2fanatic View Post

damn, you didn't wait long after hte ENP announcement to pick these badboys up! Congrats!
                  Thanks! I was on the fence about going with the latest Alcons or these. The next day after completing a track day with the Stoptech frustration still on my mind Essex announced the new ENP finish so I took the leap! Hoping to try them out to COTA next month, but so far the pedal feel is already improved some on the street.

Originally posted by BTB View Post

Very nice … that is quite a wheel/tire/brake combo, how are the cup 2s?
                  I love the Cup 2s. Not the fastest 200tw (240tw in this case) tire compared to the RE71RS, RT660s, and A052s, but they're surprisingly decent in the rain and are a great all-around, communicative tire with better wear. I'd put them faster than a Hankook RS4 and Continental Extreme Contact Force competitors though. They're the first tire I've repeatedly bought for this car in years.

Just noticed you have a Laguna Seca avatar pic, but location is in Austin. Welcome to town!

Comment

Originally posted by BTB View Post
                    New headlight lenses, seals, Xenon bulbs and stealth corners 😎
                    If your car sits outside and sees a lot of UV, protect them with a film.

I can't vouch for these yet (I just got a headlight kit for our family car which sits outside, but haven't applied yet), but something like this. They come precut for many different cars. XPEL is also what a lot of shops use for ppf. Worth a try for $50.

Doing headlights with precut kit as diy should be simple. Doing major panels as diy based on these cuts I might not do as these don't look like they wrap to the inside to make the cuts/seams invisible.

Headlight kit should be at the very bottom of the page.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Youtube DIYs and more

All jobs done as diy - clutch, rod bearings, rear subframe rebush, vanos, headers, cooling, suspension, etc.

PM for help in NorCal. Have a lot of specialty tools - vanos, pilot bearing puller, bushing press kit, valve adjustment, fcab, wheel bearing, engine support bar, etc.

Comment

If my subframe was reinforced 10years ago with Turner plates, I don’t need to be scared by this right? Right?
                      2001 BMW E46 M3 Laguna Seca / M-Texture 6mt
                      2002 BMW E46 M3 Titanium Silver/Black 6mt
                      2006 BMW E46 M3 Individual Estoril blue/Black 6mt
                      2019 BMW X3 M40i Phytonic blue/Tartufo Individual

Comment

Thanks! I was on the fence about going with the latest Alcons or these. The next day after completing a track day with the Stoptech frustration still on my mind Essex announced the new ENP finish so I took the leap! Hoping to try them out to COTA next month, but so far the pedal feel is already improved some on the street.

I love the Cup 2s. Not the fastest 200tw (240tw in this case) tire compared to the RE71RS, RT660s, and A052s, but they're surprisingly decent in the rain and are a great all-around, communicative tire with better wear. I'd put them faster than a Hankook RS4 and Continental Extreme Contact Force competitors though. They're the first tire I've repeatedly bought for this car in years.

Just noticed you have a Laguna Seca avatar pic, but location is in Austin. Welcome to town!
                        Nice nice. Yeah, I almost pulled the trigger for my M2 CS, but on the fence because at some point I've gotta get a new set of CCB's for it, but also considering selling it and getting a 991.2 GT3, so a lot of things to think about...

Comment

Went in for a valve adjustment today.

Ordered a bunch of Beisan stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Gt4 View Post
                            If my subframe was reinforced 10years ago with Turner plates, I don’t need to be scared by this right? Right?
                            Nothing to see here. Move along.
                            Build thread: Topaz Blue to Shark Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Casa de Mesa View Post

Nothing to see here. Move along.
                              Ok good cause subframe was reinforced, see those pics, you can see the plates:

Attached Files
                              2001 BMW E46 M3 Laguna Seca / M-Texture 6mt
                              2002 BMW E46 M3 Titanium Silver/Black 6mt
                              2006 BMW E46 M3 Individual Estoril blue/Black 6mt
                              2019 BMW X3 M40i Phytonic blue/Tartufo Individual

Comment

Very nice, I'm running PS4Ss and they are the first tire I re-bought as well. Hankook RS3 was the most aggressive tire I had-- definitely enjoyable on track but the PS4S is oh so sweet on the street. Kind of curious how the PS4S and Cup 2 compare directly.

Thank you, I moved to Austin early this year! Was in Dallas from 2020 but I did spend some prior time on the west coast and managed to do a PCA track day at Laguna. Did COTA in 2020 but I'd really like to get out to others (eg Harris Hill).

PM me if you are going for a drive sometime!

Comment

Working...
                                X