What did you do for your M3 today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post

Very nice, are you running the stock or CSL airbox?
    Evolve CSL

Comment

Originally posted by ra2fanatic View Post

Evolve CSL
      I swear HTE's signature on here says 385whp, how the hell? I know he modified an airbox and part of the exhaust as well, but 385whp NA?? Maybe I am just remembering that incorrectly?
      In any event, great car with some badass parts, respect for the OE cams.
      2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
      Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
      Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
      RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
      Instagram

Comment

I had a coolant leak, thought it was the lower radiator hose, and ordered a new one. I went to swap it out last night and found out that it was actually leaking from the coolant temp sensor and not from the hose where it connects to the radiator. Pulled the coolant temp sensor out and sure enough, the rubber o-ring was crushed hard and brittle. By some weird luck, I had accidentally ordered an o-ring a few months back by mistake and it just happens to be the correct size! It looks like BMW does not sell that specific o-ring separately, but if you want to replace your o-ring on your temp sensor its BMW part number 13621743299 i.e. "air temp sensor o-ring" fits perfectly.

Super easy took a few minutes and didn't even need to drain the coolant.

E46 324i k24/dct/turbo Build Thread
        Phoenix Yellow e46m3 Build Thread

Comment

I swear HTE's signature on here says 385whp, how the hell? I know he modified an airbox and part of the exhaust as well, but 385whp NA?? Maybe I am just remembering that incorrectly?
          In any event, great car with some badass parts, respect for the OE cams.
          All good man. I don't intend to be searching for every little ounce of performance. I know there are those that probably made that number just with the airbox prior to me even doing cams and headers, but I'm not sweating it. Rides and feels nice. She'll be in hibernation soon enough after I do some additional work on her this week and then off to the next vehicle project after.

Comment

Wasn’t technically today, but this past Friday, I ordered the full carbon Karbonius CSL style intake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2005 BMW M3 (6MT) Instagram
            2021 BMW M340i

Need to stock up on some detailing products or spiff up your garage, then use my Obsessed Garage link!

My Slow Burn (M3 build thread)
            My DOUBLE thread (garage build)

Comment

How did you go about having this done? Very cool.
              Hot Wheels customizer on Instagram from Thailand. Told him what I wanted/showed pictures of my car. It took me around 5 months and constant messaging for updates to get but glad its finally done and in my possession.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

2004 Jet Black/Cinnamon 6spd ///M3
              Build///Journal
              IG: Khan_Art_

Comment

I have completed detailing my engine bay, all very subtle but nice details. Some will spot the add-ons / changes

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0639.JPG
Views:	356
Size:	147.4 KB
ID:	87654

Comment

Originally posted by maupineda View Post
                  I have completed detailing my engine bay, all very subtle but nice details. Some will spot the add-ons / changes

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0639.JPG Views:	0 Size:	147.4 KB ID:	87654
                  Is the black "A" structure tied into the OE strut brace and then into vehicle structure somehow? I assume that is the OE brace painted/caps over nuts, looks nice. Different coolant reservoir I see, was this done for increased capacity or to make the hole created by removing the SAP look a bit better?
                  Also, could you explain the vented piece w/ roundel on the slam panel?
                  Last edited by Cubieman; 02-26-2021, 07:43 PM.

Instagram

Comment

Is the black "A" structure tied into the OE strut brace and then into vehicle structure somehow? I assume that is the OE brace painted/caps over nuts, looks nice. Different coolant reservoir I see, was this done for increased capacity or to make the hole created by removing the SAP look a bit better?
                    Also, could you explain the vented piece w/ roundel on the slam panel?
                    ah! What happens is that this is a Z4M. The A brace is OE, and the strut tower brace is Z4 specific. I added a few things

- Nut caps to the A brace bolts
                    - Nut caps to all strut tower brace nuts
                    - I flipped the TPS connector boot 180 degrees
                    - Added strut tower caps (z4 brace does not have them as M3s do)
                    - Added a hood roundel to the radiator cover
                    - ///M oil filler cap
                    - added convoluted cover to the red ecs high pressure vanos line (OE look)
                    - installed an alpha-N IAT harness to avoid a loose / hanging MAF connector, and zip tied it to the expansion tank return line so the harness runs parallel to it all along.

Comment

ah! What happens is that this is a Z4M. The A brace is OE, and the strut tower brace is Z4 specific. I added a few things

- Nut caps to the A brace bolts
                      - Nut caps to all strut tower brace nuts
                      - I flipped the TPS connector boot 180 degrees
                      - Added strut tower caps (z4 brace does not have them as M3s do)
                      - Added a hood roundel to the radiator cover
                      - ///M oil filler cap
                      - added convoluted cover to the red ecs high pressure vanos line (OE look)
                      - installed an alpha-N IAT harness to avoid a loose / hanging MAF connector, and zip tied it to the expansion tank return line so the harness runs parallel to it all along.
                      Nice, obviously I'm not familiar with the Z cars, not many around here. I too would like to clean up my bay as with the MAP/IAT/FLAP and unused MAF on Turner harness plus halos, it's getting to be bit crowded.

Instagram

Comment

I just got a hardtop for my ‘04 vert! Nobody noticed at first since it’s the same color as the cloth top lol. Makes the car look way sleeker imo.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0639.JPG
Views:	356
Size:	147.4 KB
ID:	87654
                          So is that main strut bar one from an e46 M3 that has been stripped down to bare metal or is that what they look like when they come on the z4s?

Comment

Originally posted by nextelbuddy View Post

So is that main strut bar one from an e46 M3 that has been stripped down to bare metal or is that what they look like when they come on the z4s?
                            The bar is Z4 specific, and finish is bare aluminum. There was a point in time I wanted the black M3 but I am fine with it now

Comment

Used a product called Solution Finish to fix my whitening windshield trim.

Then I chased down a rattle from when I installed my headers. Found the passenger side header was resting on a heat shield. Bent the shield a little out of the way and no more rattle.

2005 ///M3 6MT Coupe Imola/M-Texture

Build Thread

Instagram

Comment

Removed my window tint. Was a real sh**show 🤣

Comment

Working...
                                X