No announcement yet.

What did you do for your M3 today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not much to do, but I did apply Ammo tire gel with my applicator brush which I love now. Makes applying tire gel evenly very rewarding.

Comment

Did an oil change and found chips. At the least the magnetic drain plug is working. So much for the upcoming track season...

Gesendet von meinem LON-L29 mit Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by oceansize View Post

Super cool color. What shop in NC is doing the work? I worked in a body/paint shop for years so I know the shops around my area couldn't paint a kid's tricycle properly.
        Lol! Tricycles are tough to paint with their 3 wheels and weird symmetry.

Vintage Restoration in Troutman, NC. They are a full fledged resto/custom shop, do zero insurance work, have dedicated zones for all the different types of work they do (engine room, chassis room, metal fab, paint, body, final assembly, etc.). Everything is sectioned off by doors so the work in one zone doesn't impede another. For example, so the body shop doesn't get dust elsewhere. It is always amazingly clean everywhere you look. They have a lot of turn of the century machinery - huge lathes and the like. When I stepped into their shop for the first time, I knew I was in the right place. Super happy with these guys, clearly. They are craftsman in every sense of the word.

BMWs aren't really their thing, but they've enjoyed the work. I would not hesitate to recommend these guys. This sign hanging in the middle of the shop says it all.

Crap, not sure why these are loading sideways!!

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20220219_095535.jpg Views:	39 Size:	135.3 KB ID:	162702
        Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20220219_093355.jpg Views:	36 Size:	131.4 KB ID:	162703
        Last edited by Casa de Mesa; 04-10-2022, 03:19 AM.
        Build thread: Topaz Blue to Shark Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Casa de Mesa View Post

Lol! Tricycles are tough to paint with their 3 wheels and weird symmetry.

Vintage Restorations in Troutman, NC. They are a full fledged resto/custom shop, do zero insurance work, have dedicated zones for all the different types of work they do (engine room, chassis room, metal fab, paint, body, final assembly, etc.). Everything is sectioned off by doors so the work in one zone doesn't impede another. For example, so the body shop doesn't get dust elsewhere. It is always amazingly clean everywhere you look. They have a lot of turn of the century machinery - huge lathes and the like. When I stepped into their shop for the first time, I knew I was in the right place. Super happy with these guys, clearly. They are craftsman in every sense of the word.

BMWs aren't really their thing, but they've enjoyed the work. I would not hesitate to recommend these guys. This sign hanging in the middle of the shop says it all.

Crap, not sure why these are loading sideways!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220219_095535.jpg
Views:	333
Size:	135.3 KB
ID:	162702

Name:	IMG_20220219_093355.jpg
Views:	328
Size:	131.4 KB
ID:	162703
          I've noticed hi-res photos have been going 90° as of late, I'll usually have to edit them to a lower res before posting.

Nice paint job!
          2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
          Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
          Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
          RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
          Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post

I've noticed hi-res photos have been going 90° as of late, I'll usually have to edit them to a lower res before posting.

Nice paint job!
            Temporary solution for now is to upload them via an external image host like imgur. Never used to rotate them though so somethings changed there.

Comment

Originally posted by mtpktz View Post
              Looks amazing - can't wait to see it finished! Great color choice.
              Thank you!

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post

Nice paint job!
              Originally posted by Thoglan View Post

Temporary solution for now is to upload them via an external image host like imgur. Never used to rotate them though so somethings changed there.
              Got it. I'm gun-shy about loading photos to an external image host since they always seem to die after a few years. So I just started uploading everything here. I'll scale pics down in size before uploading.

What's weird is that only vertical hi-res photos seem to rotate. The landscape oriented ones do just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Casa de Mesa View Post
                Got it. I'm gun-shy about loading photos to an external image host since they always seem to die after a few years. So I just started uploading everything here. I'll scale pics down in size before uploading.
                I've been using imgur for 10+ years, but yeah if it went down it wouldnt be the first image host to disappear I get ya. Car looks beautiful btw, cant wait to see it put back together.

Comment

Car looks beautiful btw...
                  Thank you!! It's a long time coming. Years of planning and man this has been a lot of work...

...cant wait to see it put back together.
                  You and me both, brother. You and me both.

Comment

M3 got booted from the garage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    2002 Jet Black · 6MT · Cinnamon · CSL Tribute

Engine · Karbonius CSL Airbox · CSL DME · Kassel MAP · Paul Claude Tuned
                    Exhaust · SS Stepped V1 · SS 2.5 Res Sec 2 · SS Sport Sec 3
                    Suspension · JIC Cross/ZMS RS coilovers · GC Weight Jackers · SDW RTAB · Corner balanced
                    Wheels/Brakes · BBS E88 18" x 9.5" / 10.5" · Michelin Pilot Sport 4S · 996 Brembo BBK
                    Exterior · Mile End CSL bumper · OE CSL trunk · Mile End CSL diffuser · OE LED taillights
                    Interior · Avin Avant 4 · Llumar Air 80 Tint

Comment

Originally posted by Lip View Post
                      Time for a garage expansion project.

3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

More pics of the m3.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

2004 Jet Black/Cinnamon 6spd ///M3
                        Build///Journal
                        IG: Khan_Art_

Comment

how the hell did you find a 997 gt3 in this current market

Comment

Originally posted by usdmej View Post

how the hell did you find a 997 gt3 in this current market
                            Exact thought I had too!

Comment

Oil change..

Name:	20220410_153241.jpg
Views:	280
Size:	84.9 KB
ID:	162759
                              2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
                              Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
                              Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
                              RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
                              Instagram

Comment

Throttle body cleaning and installing new Norma 50-70 12mm worm gear clamps on the intake boots to keep that boost in check.

Name:	IMG_2462.jpg
Views:	295
Size:	430.0 KB
ID:	162763

3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Working...
                                X