No announcement yet.

What did you do for your M3 today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bumper looked horrible from road rash etc so did paint correction, wet sand, polish and ceramic cause why not. Not perfect but much better. Also did FCABs, what a huge difference, one of them was so bad I was able to take the bushing out by hand, ooops.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20200513_141449.jpg Views:	12 Size:	156.1 KB ID:	24518 Click image for larger version

Name:	20200513_170746.jpg
Views:	756
Size:	166.3 KB
ID:	24541
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Icecream; 05-13-2020, 07:12 PM.

Comment

Holy crap that bumper was rough. Turned out great ^
      TiAG 6mt Coupe | KARBONIUS | SUPERSPRINT | FIKSE WHEELS | OEM CSL | MILE END COMPOSITES | AST 5200 | HOTCHKIS | BREMBO | RECARO | BEISAN | CATCAMS | CP-CARILLO | TMS | RTD | ROGUE ENGINEERING | AKG MOTORSPORT | HTE PERFORMANCE

Comment

Originally posted by mainstreamer00 View Post
        Holy crap that bumper was rough. Turned out great ^
        I uploaded the wrong pic. That was after wet sanding with 1000 grit haha.

Comment

Changed my fuel injectors with new Bosch ones. Which are unfortunately made in China now, but not much I can do about that. So far my adaptions seem to be staying much closer to 1.00 and the car seems to be running smoother.

Comment

Originally posted by terra View Post
            Changed my fuel injectors with new Bosch ones. Which are unfortunately made in China now, but not much I can do about that. So far my adaptions seem to be staying much closer to 1.00 and the car seems to be running smoother.
            Yeah that sucks they are made in China. I think I saw BMW went to a different coil supplier in Italy (Eldor) when they went to making Bosch in China. I bet the injectors are not Bosch on new BMW's either.

Comment

It's convertible weather, so I've been all about the M3 lately. Over the last week I've replaced the Cyl 6 ignition coil to eliminate a misfire, washed, buffed, and waxed her, and finally installed my Blue Bus (I dont't know why I waited so long, it's fucking glorious and I don't have to deal with that crappy cd changer skipping all the time now.)

Next up is fixing the drivers side headliner at the c pillar where the string and plastic broke, then repairing the popped stitching on the driver's side bolster.

Comment

Removed the M3Forum.net stickers from the Batman windows, RIP...
                '03.5 M3 SMG Coupe - Jet Black / Black

Comment

Not something I could have done myself, but I had the AC system emptied, tested, and refilled.

0.83 lbs recovered (spec is 1.63 for 2005 M3)

Blowing a cool 39 degrees now

2005 ///M3 6MT Coupe Imola/M-Texture

Build Thread

Instagram

Comment

Was it a bmw specific place or general auto?

Can you share the price?

At half capacity, were you still getting some cold air (driver side at least) or not really?
                    DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                    /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                    More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
                      Was it a bmw specific place or general auto?

Can you share the price?

At half capacity, were you still getting some cold air (driver side at least) or not really?
                      I went to Tom Hatem Automotive in Columbus, OH. Was recommended to me by the local BMWCCA Chapter. It is a German indy shop, although I only saw BMWs on the lifts and in the parking lot. I would have taken photos Inside but they are being very restrictive on not letting anyone inside with COVID. That being said I was parked next to a E31 V12 8 series.

Auto maintenance. Auto diagnostics. Fuel system repairs. Call us for a free estimate.

I paid $179 with tax included, I believe tax was $12, I can go check the receipt if you’d like.

You might recall from the AC recharge post that I was getting some cold air on the driver side but warm air on the passenger. It could keep up with the outside up to about 75, after that the inside would start becoming warm as the system couldn’t keep up. I specifically requested for them to report how much was evacuated so I could have an idea if this was normal or a broken component. They agreed it seemed normal and the leak test also proved that theory. They did use UV dye so we can hunt for any future leaks that may show up.
                      2005 ///M3 6MT Coupe Imola/M-Texture

Build Thread

Instagram

Comment

I repainted/ reglued my M3 emblem. I noticed the "///M" part was getting loose, and faded, so before it fell off completely, I took it off.

Before removing, I measured and noted where it's situated:

Old badge. you can see how badly it faded:

Time to refresh! I painted it with hobby paint - the Dark Blue and Red were base colors I had, the Light blue I mixed. It came out great!

Now, to put it back on the trunk -

I used 3M (fittingly) emblem tape to attach it, and also put a clear film over the colors to protect it.

I know you can buy the vinyl to redo the badge, but I had the paint already, so why not try it. It came out amazing!

Comment

Finishing up the installation of a new LifeLine Novice fire suppression system. The size and weight difference between the old aqueous foaming film system and this is impressive.

Feff
                          MVP Track Time

Comment

Originally posted by zem View Post
                            I repainted/ reglued my M3 emblem. I noticed the "///M" part was getting loose, and faded, so before it fell off completely, I took it off.

Before removing, I measured and noted where it's situated:

Old badge. you can see how badly it faded:

Time to refresh! I painted it with hobby paint - the Dark Blue and Red were base colors I had, the Light blue I mixed. It came out great!

Now, to put it back on the trunk -

I used 3M (fittingly) emblem tape to attach it, and also put a clear film over the colors to protect it.

I know you can buy the vinyl to redo the badge, but I had the paint already, so why not try it. It came out amazing!
                            Very nice man, I just may have to do that.
                            2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
                            Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
                            Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
                            RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
                            Instagram

Comment

Just received my replacement emblems

Comment

Replaced missing plastic caps on the passenger side wiper motor arm nut and the seat rail nuts. Bothered me for years and just never got to replacing them. Asked for Mini parts instead of BMW and they are the same part number but cheaper at a local dealership for some reason. Very happy. Replaced the worn out and pitted fog lights. Took a couple pictures.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2757.jpg
Views:	427
Size:	131.5 KB
ID:	28032

Lonely COVID...
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2758.jpg
Views:	391
Size:	87.1 KB
ID:	28033

Comment