What did you do for your M3 today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by robgill View Post
    My full set of Karbonius carbon fiber trim arrived for the street car build. Looks amazing 😀

Click image for larger version

Name:	49684625912_42e54356f0_b.jpg
Views:	17307
Size:	105.5 KB
ID:	889
    Unfortunately the car is still at the body shop in the New Rochelle quarantine so it's going to be a while before I get it back 😑
    Very nice 👍

Comment

Not today but dropped it off a the body shop recently. Was involved in a small hit and run while it was parked so its getting some new parts and paint
      11 E90 M3 Alpine White
      96 FJ80 Black
      05 E46 M3 Carbon Black: (sold)
      86 Porsche 944 Turbo Guards Red, 320 whp: (sold)
      89 E30 Touring Alpine White, S52 swapped: (sold)
      02 E46 M3 Steel Grey: (sold)

Comment

Repaired my driver seat. My backrest was badly torn, and I tried to fix it over the years, which didn't really work:

So, over the summer I got these pristine driver and passenger seats from a member here:

[

They looked great! So, let's swap the driver seat. But wait - they didn't have lumbar and adjustable bolsters, so it wasn't a simple bolt - on affair:

Donor on the left, mine's on the right. I had to take them apart, then take the cover off the backrest - since the foam is different:

Oh yeah, there's about 30 hog rings in the backrest alone! Mercifully, the bottoms were a simple affair, just removing the cushion with the foam altogether.

Oh, our seats are made by Lear, if anyone's wondering:

all done:

I did both the top and bottom, it all came out perfect! I tested the bolsters, seat heater, and it all works well. No airbag light either. plus, I got a spare seat if I ever need it

Comment

Body shop just sent me this -

Did all new interior pillars as well - going to feel so fresh now.
          TiAG 6mt Coupe | KARBONIUS | SUPERSPRINT | FIKSE WHEELS | OEM CSL | MILE END COMPOSITES | AST 5200 | HOTCHKIS | BREMBO | RECARO | BEISAN | CATCAMS | CP-CARILLO | TMS | RTD | ROGUE ENGINEERING | AKG MOTORSPORT | HTE PERFORMANCE

Comment

new rims and tires!

Arc-8s
            18x9 & 18x10 on Michelin PS4S

Comment

Suspension refresh kit for front and rear that I am getting installed on Thursday.

Comment

Name:	IMG_6879.jpg
Views:	3562
Size:	166.0 KB
ID:	1748 Tucked it away while I daily my other daily lol
                Attached Files
                IG: @limited.slip

Mystic Blue / M-cloth E46 M3 Coupe S54 6MT
                A̶l̶p̶i̶n̶e̶ ̶W̶h̶i̶t̶e̶ ̶/̶ ̶B̶l̶a̶c̶k̶ ̶E̶4̶6̶ ̶3̶2̶5̶i̶ ̶T̶o̶u̶r̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶S̶5̶4̶ ̶6̶M̶T̶
                Imola Red / Alcantara / Cloth E46 330i ZHP Sedan S54 6MT
                Titanium Silver / Black E39 540i M-Sport
                Touring S62 6MT
                Alpine White / Black E90 M3 M3 S65 7DCT

Comment

Originally posted by scubastove View Post
                  Took delivery of it! Just got off the truck from California. 2002 Topaz Blue 6spd, single owner. Now living its retirement life on the east coast.

Click image for larger version Name:	 Views:	0 Size:	183.6 KB ID:	807 Click image for larger version Name:	 Views:	0 Size:	176.0 KB ID:	808
                  That's a great color, if it looks that good in person that might be my favorite.

As far as upcoming projects, I've got to replace the S/R Cassette.

Comment

Replaced my front crank seal this past weekend. Disassembled the whole front end of the car to get better cleaning access before doing anything. The engine was absolutely disgusting, probably the dirtiest S54 I've seen lol. Crazy what a mess this leak made.

Before

Name:	20200328_182354.jpg
Views:	2229
Size:	211.6 KB
ID:	5709

Mostly cleaned

Name:	20200328_192741.jpg
Views:	2225
Size:	187.2 KB
ID:	5710
                    2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post
                      Replaced my front crank seal this past weekend. Disassembled the whole front end of the car to get better cleaning access before doing anything. The engine was absolutely disgusting, probably the dirtiest S54 I've seen lol. Crazy what a mess this leak made.]
                      Dang, I'm afraid that's probably more common than we think. Must feel nice taking care of that! Did you take apart the front end specifically for that?

Current:

1997 BMW M3 - Boston Green/Modena
                      2003 BMW M3 · Coupe · 6MT - Alpine White/M-Texture Alcantara

Comment

Originally posted by BMWahba View Post

Dang, I'm afraid that's probably more common than we think. Must feel nice taking care of that! Did you take apart the front end specifically for that?
                        Yup. Took about two hours for disassembly and reassembly, but I'm sure it saved me a lot of time when it came to getting the harmonic balancer off and replacing the seal. I've almost stripped the harmonic balancer bolts before due to lack of good access, so taking apart the front end seemed worth it. Still managed to destroy the first seal I tried to install though.

Name:	20200329_121435.jpg
Views:	1068
Size:	0
ID:	5731
                        2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

996 brake upgrade. Finally.

Name:	M3.jpg
Views:	2152
Size:	117.5 KB
ID:	6532
                          Old, not obsolete.

Comment

Opened up the driver door after it developed some kind of rattling. After a while of tracking down the noise, it turned out to be the window regulator cable banging inside on the inner sheet metal panel. Wrapped the cable in some foam. Drove and around tested and no more sound. With all the COVID lock down, I had the pleasure of having my Daughter interested and willing to help me on the repair.

Name:	F5ED5FFE-7F71-4BF5-81FA-060A69428E53.JPG
Views:	2150
Size:	122.5 KB
ID:	6642

Installed a pair of 10 mm spacers and extended bolts for the fronts. Drove around after installation and they are perfect. No vibration or problems. Question to everyone, what is the driving dynamic difference as the fronts get spaced farther out? I haven't driven the car all winter but I can tell something feels slightly different in tracking and turning but I'm not sure if it's just because I haven't driven it in a while.

Name:	36f65c4b-d0a2-479c-baf8-025ad3bbfef9.JPG
Views:	2163
Size:	84.4 KB
ID:	6643

Name:	b8bb188f-316d-4144-9b35-c12cb3c5a197.JPG
Views:	2162
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	6644

Comment

Been putting this off for way too long as I've been dreading needing to climb into the back seat area with the rollbar in the way. Ouch. Still need to do the finisher trim seals. ASTs have been sent out for rebuild, and now next up this week will be fixing the front bumper grille! The silver lining to this quarantine has been all of the quality time spent in the garage.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5133.jpg Views:	0 Size:	104.5 KB ID:	7200

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5134.jpg Views:	0 Size:	148.6 KB ID:	7201

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5136.JPG Views:	0 Size:	93.6 KB ID:	7202
                              Last edited by Jickel180; 04-06-2020, 08:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Altaran View Post
                                Got a whole bunch of things ready to install:
                                Chase bays kit for steering refresh
                                330 steering rack
                                Power steering pump
                                Structural foam
                                New exhaust hangers
                                Rear cross brace

Unfortunately I have not had access to the workshop to install it (covid). Will post pics (maybe a diy if needed) after parts are in.
                                Do you really want to use structural foam? Means you can't weld in the future, and welding a brace to connect the rear subframe mounts to the chassis rails is the only permanent solution to the 'subframe'/RACP cracking issue (and why BMW didn't deign it that way in the first place is beyond my comprehension)

Comment

Working...
                                X