No announcement yet.

What did you do for your M3 today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Popped in the Eventuri scoop to hopefully lower the intake air temps a but, looks as though it should do its job.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20210424_233415.jpg Views:	0 Size:	134.0 KB ID:	100916 Click image for larger version  Name:	20210424_233333.jpg Views:	0 Size:	94.3 KB ID:	100917
    Also am out here in the garge about midnight bored, going to install these Revshift muffler hanger inserts as my muffler keep banging into the black plastic box directly in front of it, by the way...what's this box for?

The SCZA muffler is extremely close to the "black box"/heatshield so anything short of solid hangers likely won't stop it from contact.

I may end up placing some sort of heat resistant material between "black box" and muffler if this doesn't help. New hardware as well, always a good thing.

What's in the box??

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210425_000020.jpg
Views:	475
Size:	69.8 KB
ID:	100919

Click image for larger version  Name:	20210424_233703.jpg Views:	0 Size:	175.0 KB ID:	100918
    Last edited by Cubieman; 04-24-2021, 09:01 PM.
    2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
    Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
    Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
    RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
    Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post
      What's in the box??
      evap charcoal canister
      E46 324i k24/dct/turbo Build Thread
      Phoenix Yellow e46m3 Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by eforty6_m3 View Post
        Finished up my latest project...addressing the unexpected rust in my battery compartment/tray. Using a combination of wire brushes, wire wheels, roloc abrasive discs, sand paper, dremel grinding bits, POR-15 starter kit, Rust-Oleum Coastal Grey Satin Protective Enamel and patience, I was able to completely transform this compartment to better than OEM (in my head, anyway)

Before

After

OEM plugs just arrived from FCP an hour ago, so I'll be installing those along with some permatex gasket maker and this job will be 100% done!
        Now I want to do this.... looks amazing. Job well done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Last week I wanted to pull the car out of the garage just to bolt the new seats in and see how they look I'll be taking them back out before we install the roof when it gets here. The roof should be here this week, Crossing my fingers there's no damage. I need to lower the rear of the car to match the front a little bit more.

​​​

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
          Last edited by nextelbuddy; 04-27-2021, 07:14 AM.

Comment

It was rod bearing weekend for me. Which also included a transmission fluid change, new motor mounts, steering guibo, CPV o-ring, and new belts and tensioners.
            Attached Files
            2005 ///M3 6MT Coupe Imola/M-Texture

Build Thread

Instagram

Comment

The SCZA muffler is extremely close to the "black box"/heatshield so anything short of solid hangers likely won't stop it from contact.

I may end up placing some sort of heat resistant material between "black box" and muffler if this doesn't help. New hardware as well, always a good thing.
              I have found that my system lengthens at operating temp so perhaps check underneath after driving - that may alleviate some concern. Of course if you have rubbing noise then I can understand the need to address immediately.
              '05 M3 Convertible 6MT, CB/Cinnamon, CSL Airbox&Flap, PCSTuning, Beisan, Schrick 288/280, SS V1's & 2.5" System, RE Stg 1&SMF, KW V2, CB PS, Apex EC-7R

Comment

Originally posted by jbfrancis3 View Post

I have found that my system lengthens at operating temp so perhaps check underneath after driving - that may alleviate some concern. Of course if you have rubbing noise then I can understand the need to address immediately.
                Those Revshift inserts are a great idea but once inserted don't allow the hangers to fit in their metal holders unless you bend them up, alot.

I cut up one of the Revshift inserts and used a portion of it on the passenger side hanger and this was fortunately enough to keep the muffler from contacting the evap. cannister.

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by JudahJD904 View Post
                  I replaced the PITA final stage resistor unit. It’s easily my least favorite DIY on this chassis.
                  Done this twice, and both times I've broken the mount for the hvac door motor that sits in front of it. I hate it so much lol, I feel your pain.

Comment

Those Revshift inserts are a great idea but once inserted don't allow the hangers to fit in their metal holders unless you bend them up, alot.

I cut up one of the Revshift inserts and used a portion of it on the passenger side hanger and this was fortunately enough to keep the muffler from contacting the evap. cannister.
                    You sure the hangers are facing the right direction? The "k" is supposed to face the rear of the car, just like it's shown on realoem.

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-04-27 at 10.05.07 AM.png
Views:	461
Size:	118.8 KB
ID:	101400
                    2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post

You sure the hangers are facing the right direction? The "k" is supposed to face the rear of the car, just like it's shown on realoem.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2021-04-27 at 10.05.07 AM.png Views:	0 Size:	118.8 KB ID:	101400
                      Yea, the issue is the aftermarket muffler being a bit off. The Revshift inserts go in but make the topmost portion of the hanger much thicker so it won't fit into the metal bracket correctly, at least in my case.
                      Last edited by Cubieman; 04-27-2021, 09:28 AM.

Instagram

Comment

Have you tried the new rogue engineering ones? I’m planning on buying three of them them

Comment

Originally posted by 0-60motorsports View Post
                          Have you tried the new rogue engineering ones? I’m planning on buying three of them them
                          I have not but they look to be a nice solid setup, pretty pricey, but what isn't I guess.

Instagram

Comment

Spal 2082 install and put the front bumper back on. Easy job without removing the radiator if you have a helper.

Name:	19A4E13B-83BC-41B3-88FA-7A12EB074B67.jpeg
Views:	560
Size:	146.6 KB
ID:	101525
                            Attached Files

Comment

Got her a new set of coilovers. Kit arrived last week, ST Suspension XTAs. Rest of the bushings and the refresh will be documented well.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

Rear end rebuild coming together. Getting excited ...

Comment

Working...
                                X