No announcement yet.

What did you do for your M3 today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Picked up a set of Apex SM-10s during their group buy. Need to contact my usual tire shop to get some tires installed. Hoping that he is still open.

2002 M3 Carbon Schwarz/Black 6MT

Comment

Originally posted by Jickel180 View Post
      Been putting this off for way too long as I've been dreading needing to climb into the back seat area with the rollbar in the way. Ouch. Still need to do the finisher trim seals. ASTs have been sent out for rebuild, and now next up this week will be fixing the front bumper grille! The silver lining to this quarantine has been all of the quality time spent in the garage.

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_5133.jpg Views:	0 Size:	104.5 KB ID:	7200

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_5134.jpg Views:	0 Size:	148.6 KB ID:	7201

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_5136.JPG Views:	0 Size:	93.6 KB ID:	7202
      What did you do to take off the adhesive? I am currently working on this as well. Eraser wheel and dremel/drill?

Comment

Custom brake ducts. Silicone 2.5” x 3ft hose from eBay. Aluminum 2.5” adaptors. Fog cover with separate brake vent. Gorilla tape. Small bolt and screw. 3 hours.

Comment

new leather for the steering wheel and painted the lower trim to match the interior trim panels. i'm not sure about the result. leather looks to new for this kind of "old" car. i think i like a glossier leather look. which will come with time. and i'm not sure about the lower trim. going back to black? 🤔 and yes that's an e30 and if you look closer you can find another car. bonus points if you can guess the model.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200409_200533.jpg
Views:	1671
Size:	80.6 KB
ID:	9114Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200409_150813.jpg
Views:	1650
Size:	80.1 KB
ID:	9115
          2003 AW/BLK 6MT - Instagram

Comment

Yesterday I swapped out my front turn signal bulb sockets (the white things). One side died, maybe from the "no show" reflective coating bulbs the PO put in there. So I just replaced them both and I'm back to amber bulbs.

Today I did an oil change. No lift access due to quarantine so I used a suction tool to do it the lazy way.
            '03.5 M3 SMG Coupe - Jet Black / Black

Comment

I got my car back from the shop. Racp had cracks after having reinforcement plates. Now that it’s all stitched up I’m going to install my xbrace

Comment

Name:	BCA1F4CF-F7BE-47E2-ADBA-2CF6657711D1.jpeg
Views:	1471
Size:	119.2 KB
ID:	9523 Installed an AFE intake, reset adaptations.

it’s alright so far.

Comment

Stereo delete with OE blank plate. HU, 4ch amp, xovers, tweets, door midbases, 8" sub in IB in ski pass, and quite a bit of wiring removed. Heavy sound deadening mat removed, and light closed cell foam inserted into some cavities. Lost 40lbs or so from all over the car, though mostly the rear.
                  DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                  /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                  More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post

Stereo delete with OE blank plate. HU, 4ch amp, xovers, tweets, door midbases, 8" sub in IB in ski pass, and quite a bit of wiring removed. Heavy sound deadening mat removed, and light closed cell foam inserted into some cavities. Lost 40lbs or so from all over the car, though mostly the rear.
                    Very cool. Just gonna listen to the engine now?

Also I think you need some lightweight climate controls now. You should hit up Jared, I'm sure he's got some extra ones.
                    2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

yes engine, airbox, decat, scza bliss

lol I want exact opposite from jared for everything in life
                      DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                      /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                      More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	9609 Bought my M3 some new seats today!
                        Last edited by DiscoWagon; 04-10-2020, 09:42 PM.
                        Current: 2003.5 E46 ///M3 6MT - 2019 Ford Raptor 802A
                        Past: 2015 F80 ///M3 6MT - 2006 E46 ///M3 6MT - 1999 E36 ///M3 5MT - 1991 E30 ///M3 5MT

Comment

Originally posted by Zekarus View Post
                          new leather for the steering wheel and painted the lower trim to match the interior trim panels. i'm not sure about the result. leather looks to new for this kind of "old" car. i think i like a glossier leather look. which will come with time. and i'm not sure about the lower trim. going back to black? 🤔 and yes that's an e30 and if you look closer you can find another car. bonus points if you can guess the model.

Name:	IMG_20200409_200533.jpg
Views:	1671
Size:	80.6 KB
ID:	9114Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200409_150813.jpg
Views:	1650
Size:	80.1 KB
ID:	9115
                          What leather did you use? I like it a lot!

Comment

Today...Replaced @90k. Front struts with Bilstein B6.
                            Lifted the snout by 30mm though. Unfortunately.
                            Last edited by FBloggs; 04-10-2020, 10:22 PM.

Comment

Comment

My previous picture...not sure how to edit comment but anyway...almost finished with CMP top and bottom reinforcement, cmp bushings, aluminum diff bushings, Ohlins R&T— some interior work to finish but car drive-able. Took it out today...everything felt really good. Glad to have reinforcement behind me.

Comment

Working...
                                X