No announcement yet.

What did you do for your M3 today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installed GSP SMG brake pedal. Very nice piece.

For some reason I always hate working under there. Can never seem to get a good angle.

Bought it used so the nyloc nut wasn't included. I had one on hand but the sockets I had would not fit between the nut and the brake switch bracket. Even my 1/4 drive 13mm socket would not fit and its super thin. Anyone know of crazy thin sockets? Outherwise i'll either have to find a smaller nyloc or grind down a cheap socket. Right now its pretty tight using open end wrench but not tight enough to my liking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Big day for my E46 M3:
      • Replaced the diff input seal;
      • Replaced the Guibo;
      • Replaced the driveshaft center bearing; and
      • Upgraded to urethane transmission mounts.
      I'm going to do the motor mounts tomorrow and subframe reinforcement next weekend--I feel like I'm pushing my luck having a clean subframe w/o reinforcement in 2020.

Comment

Retrieved this from my intake port and cleaned it up as well as I could. So far it seems like disaster has been averted.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2341.JPG
Views:	783
Size:	145.0 KB
ID:	42518

Name:	IMG_2343.jpg
Views:	768
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	42519

What had happened was about 3 weeks ago I was attempting to change my starter motor, and the damn dowel pin was giving me a really hard time. One of the things I tried doing was grinding down the dowel pin with a dremel. During that attempt, the grinding stone broke and flew off. Ultimately ended up boring out the hole in the starter motor to get it over the dowel pin. Got things semi assembled and gave the engine a start -- worked, except I had an instant cylinder 5 misfire. What I found was that grinding stone landed right on top of the idle port for cylinder 5 and was blocking all airflow. And in my attempt to retrieve the stone, it lined up such that it fell straight in. And I had to start residency the next day, so I no longer had time to deal with it. So I cried a bit, borrowed my mom's car to go back to my apartment and get to/from work, and left the M3 parked. Got my first weekend off this week, peaked in with a bore scope, found I lucked out and the valve was closed, and improvised a solution to retrieve the stone. Cleaned up the intake port of dust as best as I could and blew it out with compressed air for good measure (this time covering up anywhere else that shit can go).

So far car seems to drive okay. I am concerned that some of that aluminum oxide dust may have ended up scoring the cylinder wall when I first started the engine before I realized what had happened... but so far seems to be okay.

Comment

Originally posted by terra View Post
          Retrieved this from my intake port and cleaned it up as well as I could. So far it seems like disaster has been averted.

Name:	IMG_2341.JPG
Views:	783
Size:	145.0 KB
ID:	42518

Name:	IMG_2343.jpg
Views:	768
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	42519

What had happened was about 3 weeks ago I was attempting to change my starter motor, and the damn dowel pin was giving me a really hard time. One of the things I tried doing was grinding down the dowel pin with a dremel. During that attempt, the grinding stone broke and flew off. Ultimately ended up boring out the hole in the starter motor to get it over the dowel pin. Got things semi assembled and gave the engine a start -- worked, except I had an instant cylinder 5 misfire. What I found was that grinding stone landed right on top of the idle port for cylinder 5 and was blocking all airflow. And in my attempt to retrieve the stone, it lined up such that it fell straight in. And I had to start residency the next day, so I no longer had time to deal with it. So I cried a bit, borrowed my mom's car to go back to my apartment and get to/from work, and left the M3 parked. Got my first weekend off this week, peaked in with a bore scope, found I lucked out and the valve was closed, and improvised a solution to retrieve the stone. Cleaned up the intake port of dust as best as I could and blew it out with compressed air for good measure (this time covering up anywhere else that shit can go).

So far car seems to drive okay. I am concerned that some of that aluminum oxide dust may have ended up scoring the cylinder wall when I first started the engine before I realized what had happened... but so far seems to be okay.
          Compression or leakdown on cyl 5 might be good idea just for peace of mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Finally got a hold of a Euro200R. (Got rid of the euro sec 1 last week)

Name:	image_12769.jpg
Views:	606
Size:	149.7 KB
ID:	42711
            06 ZCP SMG | HTE CSL MAP QuaranTune | SL CSL Airbox | Eventuri Scoop | DMG Strut Bar | RE El Diablo | CPI Euro200R | AP Headers | Porsche BBK | ST XTA | TMS 3-Pulleys/F-Sway/Mono FCAB | AKG Trans/diff/Subframe/RTAB | SPL RCA | SGT SCZA Trunk | ACL | Beisan | Redish | AFD E85 |

Budget CSL MAP Conversion

Comment

Car was "slightly" overheating at the track (110+ ambient - yes some of us got bored of sitting at home and went out in the middle of the desert in the middle of summer, no mech/electric fans, aux in place). Started hearing some chirping/squeaking from the front of the engine, so replaced (via FCP) the water pump, tstat, idler/tensioner and cleaned out the radiator and oil cooler fins (water blast in opposite direction of normal airflow, followed by therapeutic session of jeweler's screwdriver and picking out tiny lodged rocks).

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Youtube DIYs and more

All jobs done as diy - clutch, rod bearings, rear subframe rebush, vanos, headers, cooling, suspension, etc.

PM for help in NorCal. Have a lot of specialty tools - vanos, pilot bearing puller, bushing press kit, valve adjustment, fcab, wheel bearing, engine support bar, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by sc_tr0jan_m3 View Post
                ordered some new track pads to replace one that exploded on my on track.

and also upgraded my DME to a CSL firmware and already the idle feels far better with the IAT/MAP sensors enabled. no more idle hunt from an alpha n tune.
                Are you running the Kassel MAP sensor adapter? That's what my Testo screen looked like with the Kassel setup. I moved the sensor (with use of a different adapter) to the brake servo line and that line on Testo flattened out. However, I can't say I felt any difference whatsoever or that it makes any real difference. Kassel claims that once any small amount of throttle is applied that smooths it out.
                2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
                Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
                Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
                RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
                Instagram

Comment

Installed ducting to let colder air into the rear hole on my Karb. airbox.

Name:	20200718_153924.jpg
Views:	514
Size:	88.5 KB
ID:	44429 Click image for larger version

Name:	20200718_160701.jpg
Views:	496
Size:	111.9 KB
ID:	44430 Click image for larger version

Name:	20200718_161759.jpg
Views:	505
Size:	104.2 KB
ID:	44431

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post

Are you running the Kassel MAP sensor adapter? That's what my Testo screen looked like with the Kassel setup. I moved the sensor (with use of a different adapter) to the brake servo line and that line on Testo flattened out. However, I can't say I felt any difference whatsoever or that it makes any real difference. Kassel claims that once any small amount of throttle is applied that smooths it out.
                    Yes, that's what the previous owner had installed. however i just decided to go straight to Epic to get their AlphaN tune applied. I'm tired of dealing with people who don't know how to tune the car properly.
                    2018 Grigio Telesto F80 M3 DCT | :: Bone Stock ::
                    2004 Titanium Silver E46 M3 6 Speed | :: Track Car ::

Comment

Originally posted by sc_tr0jan_m3 View Post

I'm tired of dealing with people who don't know how to tune the car properly.
                      = Kassel....unfortunately. Once my SS pipes are on its gonna be Hassan %100.

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by COVID-19 View Post
                        Finally got a hold of a Euro200R. (Got rid of the euro sec 1 last week)

Name:	image_12769.jpg
Views:	606
Size:	149.7 KB
ID:	42711
                        So those pipes are what? It looks like a US Sec. 1 with resonators downstream of some tiny cats. Cool setup, just have never heard of a Euro200R and am not quite sure what it is.

Instagram

Comment

Yes, made by Jack @ CPI years ago before he sold to BW. Wanna say the piping is slightly over stock as well (like 2.25 or even 2.36 instead of 2.16").

That's a huge step down in terms of the quality of cat, mind. More flow, however.
                          DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                          /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                          More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
                            Yes, made by Jack @ CPI years ago before he sold to BW. Wanna say the piping is slightly over stock as well (like 2.25 or even 2.36 instead of 2.16").

That's a huge step down in terms of the quality of cat, mind. More flow, however.
                            Well said
                            '05 M3 Convertible 6MT, CB/Cinnamon, CSL Airbox&Flap, PCSTuning, Beisan, Schrick 288/280, SS V1's & 2.5" System, RE Stg 1&SMF, KW V2, CB PS, Apex EC-7R

Comment

Leatherique over three days outside in 100+ heat during July 4th break. Re-applied generously twice in the back and 3x in front and steering wheel. Car then sat for 2 weeks (in garage). What a difference! Even the Mrs gave compliments 😏

Comment

Cleaning of the throttle bodies and replacement of both TPS. after 200K they were pretty gummed up.....

Comment

Working...
                                X