CSL Diffuser options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mtpktz View Post

Thanks for the info. Would you mind taking a few more pictures about where happybuyitnow places the paint line? It's hard to tell in a few of the pictures because of the jetblack & CF.

Garage:
    2002 BMW M3: Slicktop jetblack/cinnamon. SMG to 6-speed. Arc-8's. Koni yellows/Dinan springs. Macht elbow. Megan headers. Stock section 1+AR20. SCZA section 3.
    1998 Mercedes E300 Turbodiesel: Pizza bag warmer.

Comment

Originally posted by Circa Surviven View Post
      Pics
      Interesting. Thanks!

Comment

Paint line isn't *too* bad it seems.

How was the fitment though? All tabs and holes lined up?

Comment

I know they are not popular around here (for good reason!) but my Status Grouppe rear diffuser fits great!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-09-13 at 8.33.39 AM.png
Views:	636
Size:	843.7 KB
ID:	126320
          Attached Files
          2005 6MT TiAg | 1:47.01 @ Laguna Seca
          ..........................| 1:58.93 @ Sonoma

Comment

Am I crazy for considering buying an OEM csl diffuser? It just doesn’t seem like we have any good options right now
            ‘02 LSB M3 (11k original miles)
            ’03 Oxford Green M3 (Turbo’d)

Comment

Originally posted by Hallerhan View Post
              Am I crazy for considering buying an OEM csl diffuser? It just doesn’t seem like we have any good options right now
              No, do it and don't look back.

You can only regret not getting the best.
              2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Originally posted by Hallerhan View Post
                I'm not sure about the current ones, but there was an issue with new OE ones 4-5 years ago where the ends of the diffuser were made too short and this resulted in a larger gap between the diffuser and the bumper cutout. Left corner:

Name:	2004_bmw_m3_15628047997401f0611b9DSC_0921.jpg?fit=2048%2C1365.jpg
Views:	586
Size:	172.3 KB
ID:	128586

Comment

Originally posted by jet_dogg View Post

No, do it and don't look back.

You can only regret not getting the best.
                  I need two diffusers, so I think Im going to give the SSD Motorsports one a shot before dropping $4k on the OEM pieces. The UK M3cutters forum says it fits great relative to the happybuyitnow one. This might hold me over until the OEM ones are no longer backordered

Comment

Originally posted by Slideways View Post

I'm not sure about the current ones, but there was an issue with new OE ones 4-5 years ago where the ends of the diffuser were made too short and this resulted in a larger gap between the diffuser and the bumper cutout. Left corner:

Name:	2004_bmw_m3_15628047997401f0611b9DSC_0921.jpg?fit=2048%2C1365.jpg
Views:	586
Size:	172.3 KB
ID:	128586
                    thanks for this! for $600 i could live with it, but for $2k it would bother me. Even with the gap, it still looks pretty damn good

Comment

Any updates on the latest and greatest diffusers for our cars?

I'm in the market. Any impressions on the ECS Tuning one? Presumably made in China and fitment is sketch but let's be real -- this is 100% a cosmetic beauty cover piece on these cars. Granted, I'm vane but my vanity has it's dollar limits!

Also considering Burkart but shipping + customs to the US for this part takes it out of the equation I'm pretty sure:
                      BMW E46 M3 CSL Style Heckdiffusor aus Echtcarbon ersetzt den originalen Heckdiffusor echtes Carbon verstärkt mit GFK passgenau original Befestigungspunkte

I was considering the Euroconnex diffuser but it looks like the CSL style is no longer on his site. Epoustouflant ?
                      Build thread: Topaz Blue to Shark Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Casa de Mesa View Post
                        Any updates on the latest and greatest diffusers for our cars?

I'm in the market. Any impressions on the ECS Tuning one? Presumably made in China and fitment is sketch but let's be real -- this is 100% a cosmetic beauty cover piece on these cars. Granted, I'm vane but my vanity has it's dollar limits!

Also considering Burkart but shipping + customs to the US for this part takes it out of the equation I'm pretty sure:
                        BMW E46 M3 CSL Style Heckdiffusor aus Echtcarbon ersetzt den originalen Heckdiffusor echtes Carbon verstärkt mit GFK passgenau original Befestigungspunkte

I was considering the Euroconnex diffuser but it looks like the CSL style is no longer on his site. Epoustouflant ?
                        It’s here for individual orders. I’m trying to source an exact replica from Eastern Europe right now, but the supplier is very difficult to communicate with so it’s not looking too good for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Epoustouflant View Post

It’s here for individual orders. I’m trying to source an exact replica from Eastern Europe right now, but the supplier is very difficult to communicate with so it’s not looking too good for it.
                          Thanks much. I tried to find it this morning and couldn't, both from my phone and laptop. Weird that I can get there via direct link, but not via navigation on the site.

Comment

Looks like happybuyitnow is no longer a vendor on Ebay and their website doesn't work. Not sure which direction to go here as I don't want some crappy fitting eBay rep and OEM is out of the budget. May give the Buckhart one a go and get it painted professionally the $200+ shipping is a bit nuts though.
                            Last edited by RoyalFlushness; 01-17-2022, 12:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalFlushness View Post
                              Looks like happybuyitnow is no longer a vendor on Ebay and their website doesn't work. Not sure which direction to go here as I don't want some crappy fitting eBay rep and OEM is out of the budget. May give the Buckhart one a go and get it painted professionally the $200+ shipping is a bit nuts though.
                              Just ordered one. The "better" fleabay ones are $400. The Burkhart shipped is about $500 and is German made.

Also, their communication has been top notch and the thing shipped out basically next day. Ordered Friday, shipped today.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalFlushness View Post
                                I'm trying to convince René to run another batch. He got cold feet due to UPS destroying packages one after the other.

Comment

Working...
                                X