No announcement yet.

CSL Diffuser options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bumping this one up. What's the current state of diffuser options? For those of us who "manage expectations," is there a cheaper option that we like?
    http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
    '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
    '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Originally posted by Nate047 View Post
      Bumping this one up. What's the current state of diffuser options? For those of us who "manage expectations," is there a cheaper option that we like?
      I saw that euromotorsport aka happybuyitnow was having a "sale" on ebay so I took a chance at it. I haven't put it on but it seems like a nicely made piece.
      "your BMW has how many miles!?"

2003 (2/03) M3 coupe Imolarot/Black 6 M/T - JRZ RS One 450/550 - Ground Control Street - SDW RTAB - TMS Street ARCA - Redish V2 - TMS solid subframe bushings - Volk Racing G2 18x9.5 - StopTech ST40 355 (coming soon) - Beisan Systems VANOS parts - WPC OE rod bearings - Karbonius CSL airbox - Kassel MSS54HP DME - Kassel MAP sensor - Euro headers and Section 1 - SuperSprint Sport - Recaro Speed - Schroth Rallye 4 QF - AS 30% SSK

build/journal
      ig: @zzyzx85

Comment

I would say fitment of the happybuyitnow is dependent upon the installer and how far they're willing to go to pull it into the contour of the bumper cover.

If you just put it in and turn the little metal tangs down, it doesn't have great fitment. Look at any picture of my car from different (rear) angles, and it looks like it has great fitment, but I took extra steps to get it like that.

The diffuser from Rene with carbo-project or whatever it's called, that Euroconnex lists, has better fitment, though still not absolutely perfect. I did a review in the GB thread. The main issues were paint related, slight fitment issue on one side.

Status gruppe is a crap shoot. I've seen really bad (trunks and csl bumpers too), but my friend has one that fits incredibly well, though it's from like 2015 or something.
        Last edited by Tbonem3; 03-21-2023, 12:12 PM.
        DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
        /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
        More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Anyone seen the JL Motoring one in person?

The Chinese eBay ones are about $400 now, no paint option available from what I can see.
          '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Look at any picture of my car from different (rear) angles, and it looks like it has great fitment, but I took extra steps to get it like that.
            Could you elaborate? Considering the diffuser.
            Interlagos 06 M3, Autologic tune, Agency Power midpipes/exhaust, Fortune Auto coilovers, UUC SSK, ZKW-R lenses. MRegistry listing here

Comment

Any sources for pre painted diffusers?

I've been rocking an eBay replica unpainted for a while but I'm tired of the look. I'm getting some body work done and asked them about painting the diffuser to match. The way the guy was talking, it seems like it's a lot of work to mask it off the CF lip properly and paint over the surface, 3-5 hours of labour.... At those rates, I'm wondering if it may be just cheaper to buy a painted one?

Comment

Originally posted by Amos View Post
                Any sources for pre painted diffusers?

I've been rocking an eBay replica unpainted for a while but I'm tired of the look. I'm getting some body work done and asked them about painting the diffuser to match. The way the guy was talking, it seems like it's a lot of work to mask it off the CF lip properly and paint over the surface, 3-5 hours of labour.... At those rates, I'm wondering if it may be just cheaper to buy a painted one?

Could mask it yourself then have the shop paint it.
                Silver Track to Street Car Journal
                Interlagos Blue Street Car Journal

Comment

Right now the only pre-painted option is the Euroconnex one.
                  '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Originally posted by zzyzx85 View Post

I saw that euromotorsport aka happybuyitnow was having a "sale" on ebay so I took a chance at it. I haven't put it on but it seems like a nicely made piece.
                    I bought one from them when they were known as “ExtremeSpoiler” years ago. I'll have to add some pictures.

Comment

Originally posted by zzyzx85 View Post

Do you mind posting some pictures of the piece you received? Unlike most of the diffusers on eBay, this one looks to be constructed significantly better (judging by their awful listing photos). It would be nice to have a real-world reference.
                      Last edited by The_Grumpy_Cat; 03-26-2023, 12:54 PM.
                      2006 M3 ZCP | Silver Grey | Cinnamon | 6MT | 1 of 4 in North America | @SilberGrauM3 |
                      | Build Journal |

Comment

Originally posted by The_Grumpy_Cat View Post

Do you mind posting some pictures of the piece you received? Unlike most of the diffusers on eBay, this one looks to be constructed significantly better (judging by their awful listing photos). It would be nice to have a real-world reference.
                        Here you go. damn thing is glossy so it's hard to show the details of the weave.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20230317_175314.jpg
Views:	431
Size:	568.2 KB
ID:	211421

Name:	20230317_175443.jpg
Views:	428
Size:	217.1 KB
ID:	211422

Name:	20230317_175438.jpg
Views:	405
Size:	228.1 KB
ID:	211423

Name:	20230317_175432.jpg
Views:	413
Size:	214.2 KB
ID:	211424

Name:	20230317_175400.jpg
Views:	402
Size:	221.1 KB
ID:	211426Click image for larger version

Name:	20230317_175503.jpg
Views:	408
Size:	292.3 KB
ID:	211427
                        Attached Files

2003 (2/03) M3 coupe Imolarot/Black 6 M/T - JRZ RS One 450/550 - Ground Control Street - SDW RTAB - TMS Street ARCA - Redish V2 - TMS solid subframe bushings - Volk Racing G2 18x9.5 - StopTech ST40 355 (coming soon) - Beisan Systems VANOS parts - WPC OE rod bearings - Karbonius CSL airbox - Kassel MSS54HP DME - Kassel MAP sensor - Euro headers and Section 1 - SuperSprint Sport - Recaro Speed - Schroth Rallye 4 QF - AS 30% SSK

build/journal

Comment

zzyzx85 that looks great. Just placed my order. It's hard to tell from the photos, but does it utilize plastic tabs, or something similar to the bendy metal prongs found on the old Happybuyitnow diffusers?
                          2006 M3 ZCP | Silver Grey | Cinnamon | 6MT | 1 of 4 in North America | @SilberGrauM3 |
                          | Build Journal |

Comment

It has metal tabs

build/journal

Comment

Originally posted by JokerElite View Post

I bought one from them when they were known as “ExtremeSpoiler” years ago. I'll have to add some pictures.

The cracks near the tips were my doing, bottomed out on a dirt driveway. But for the price the quality is very good imo.

Comment

Whoa! looks very nice!

Comment

Working...
                                X