X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any updates on the E39 M5 parts?

Comment

In the middle of installing my twin pipe resonated section 2. It comes with extended bolts for the two exhaust brackets. I’m missing 2 bolts. Only have 6. Also what’s all the small washers for? The heat shield? Should I not use the metal mesh ones that came with oe exhaust?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Grke46m3 View Post
        In the middle of installing my twin pipe resonated section 2. It comes with extended bolts for the two exhaust brackets. I’m missing 2 bolts. Only have 6. Also what’s all the small washers for? The heat shield? Should I not use the metal mesh ones that came with oe exhaust?

The six bolts should be for the section 2 to section 1 connection, at least it was with their resonated x-pipe. If I recall correctly, the spacers are for the two brackets, the one with the exhaust mounts and the one in front of it. It might be for fitment/clearance.

Disclaimer/disclosure: I received this part for free, I believe because I helped it come into existence. That said, I have been a happy SuperSprint customer for years, on multiple cars. On my M3 coupe, I paid for my SuperSprint headers (V1 stepped), Section 1 (catted), previous section 2 (resonated), and muffler (street with
        Last edited by Slideways; 07-28-2021, 08:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Amalgam View Post
          Any updates on the E39 M5 parts?
          Not yet, I'm awaiting those still.

Comment

Originally posted by Grke46m3 View Post

Like Slideways said, bolts are for the connection to Sec. 1, the little bits of metal go between the underside of the vehicle and the two black reinforcement plates to space them down for the now larger diameter piping to fit.
            2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
            Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
            Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
            RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
            Instagram

Comment

I should hear back from SS tomorrow on more ETAs and production pictures

Comment

Originally posted by Epoustouflant View Post
                I should hear back from SS tomorrow on more ETAs and production pictures
                On Friday I got an email from Turner/ECS saying that my order had shipped, is expected to arrive 9/2. My whole order was V1 headers + catted sec 1 + 60mm res sec 2. This timeline obviously seems a bit accelerated vs the mid/early october expectation shared previously. I'm unsure if they're only shipping out the pieces that are currently on-hand. UPS is saying the package weighs in at ~69lbs.
                2012 E92 M3 Competition - LeMans Blue / Speed Cloth - 6MT
                [SOLD] 2004 E46 M3 Coupe - Carbon Black / Black - 6MT

Comment

Just got an email with tracking too, ETA Friday Sep 3rd. Ordered V1s and catted section 1.

Gmail filtered it into the promotions tab, so might be easy to miss.
                  2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

My shipping email says Sept 7 arrival - order was V1 headers + catted sec 1.

Comment

Glad to hear guys!

Orders are starting to ship. They're making custom boxes for the full kits.

Comment

My headers and sections 1/2 are scheduled to arrive next Thursday. Kind of wish I had gotten a muffler too, oh well.
                        '03.5 M3 SMG Coupe - Jet Black / Black

Comment

My order arrived yesterday. Turner was not fooling around on the packaging. It was impressive.

D-O
                          Old, not obsolete.

Comment

Great packaging. My race section 3 arrived safely yesterday. Another package is coming today, but not sure if it includes the V1 headers.

Comment

The rest of the exhaust came in including the V1 headers. Kudos to Turner on their packaging. Well worth the $$$ and wait.
                              Last edited by CheckA; 09-03-2021, 12:11 PM.

Comment

Still waiting on mine! I think it’ll probably be oct though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X