No announcement yet.

GB: Aluminum Undertrays for E46 M3 by Euro Parts Palace and POW3R Motorsports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've documented my unboxing and launched an intro special here.

Comment

Originally posted by LemansM View Post
      Bumping this one up. Any installed picts yet? Thoughts? Thx!
      Here's some pictures from our customers! Everyone liked it so far and most commented on how easy the install was especially with the instructions and necessary hardware already provided.
      Attached Files

Comment

wanted to share some picture and some notes regarding my install. this is a pretty complete product. everything lines up as it should. a lot of nuts and bolts included as well as some riveted pieces which certainly make the install easier.
        definitely easier to take the wheels off when doing this. i did this on the floor, i imagine on a lift this is a cakewalk. took me about 1-1.5 hours. doing this again, i could probably do this in 20 minutes (yes, that simple)
        i personally feel that in the instructions, when it asks you mock-fit the rear to make the holes for the front, i would also suggest you mockfit the 2 screws on the side. this attaches the undertray to the front lower fender liner and the bumper, although seeing the pictures above, the bumper above doesn't extend whereas mine does. i have an '06. kind of odd that the bumper mounting is different.
        overall, i'm happy with everything and with the track season coming soon, we will see how this affects the cooling (pow3r says it improves it)

pictures below:
        Click image for larger version

Name:	20230215_134409.jpg
Views:	411
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	205637

picture from where the bracket connects to the sway bar bracket

Name:	20230215_134401.jpg
Views:	384
Size:	54.2 KB
ID:	205639

undertray bracket and sway bar bracket are 2 pieces and get attached from here.

Name:	20230215_134211.jpg
Views:	381
Size:	143.0 KB
ID:	205638

Name:	20230215_134537.jpg
Views:	385
Size:	93.6 KB
ID:	205640

'06 Carbon Black
        Sabelt, Brey Krause, MCS 2-way, SuperSprint, Karbonius, Epic, Volk

Comment

Originally posted by MarcoPolo View Post
          wanted to share some picture and some notes regarding my install. this is a pretty complete product. everything lines up as it should. a lot of nuts and bolts included as well as some riveted pieces which certainly make the install easier.
          definitely easier to take the wheels off when doing this. i did this on the floor, i imagine on a lift this is a cakewalk. took me about 1-1.5 hours. doing this again, i could probably do this in 20 minutes (yes, that simple)
          i personally feel that in the instructions, when it asks you mock-fit the rear to make the holes for the front, i would also suggest you mockfit the 2 screws on the side. this attaches the undertray to the front lower fender liner and the bumper, although seeing the pictures above, the bumper above doesn't extend whereas mine does. i have an '06. kind of odd that the bumper mounting is different.
          overall, i'm happy with everything and with the track season coming soon, we will see how this affects the cooling (pow3r says it improves it)

pictures below:

Name:	20230215_134409.jpg
Views:	411
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	205637

picture from where the bracket connects to the sway bar bracket

Name:	20230215_134401.jpg
Views:	384
Size:	54.2 KB
ID:	205639

undertray bracket and sway bar bracket are 2 pieces and get attached from here.

Name:	20230215_134211.jpg
Views:	381
Size:	143.0 KB
ID:	205638

Name:	20230215_134537.jpg
Views:	385
Size:	93.6 KB
ID:	205640

Thank you, Marco for your detailed review! Much appreciated. We do have these available in stock at our warehouse in Michigan now! If anyone would still like to purchase these E46 M3 Undertrays, please send me a message or purchase them from Epoustouflant as he's doing a group buy on them. If anyone has any questions, feel free to let me know! Thanks guys.

Upgrade your E46 M3 with our durable Undertray/Skid Pan. Expertly engineered for track performance, reducing oil temps. Crafted by POW3R Motorsport.

Comment

how effective is that hole for the "venturi" effect? Also not that it matters to me but might to some, doesnt that add lift? Similar to 997 911s with adding a third radiator. the air exits to the bottom versus the top like the GT3.

Comment

Ordered one of these, looks like a nice piece and my 20 year old plastic shield is in shambles

Comment

Originally posted by majdi View Post

These undertrays are designed to withstand increased levels of protection, and reduce oil temps while on track. The rubber trim on the undertrays cooling aperture seals onto the OEM plastic cooling shroud, drawing heat away from the oil cooler through the effects of venturi.
                What is supporting data for reducing oil temps? What conditions, what car setup, how many degrees?

What is the increased level of protection for? What are we protecting from?

Was there any aerodynamic testing done? This part is flat, there is a reason why stock plastic tray is not...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Youtube DIYs and more

All jobs done as diy - clutch, rod bearings, rear subframe rebush, vanos, headers, cooling, suspension, etc.

PM for help in NorCal. Have a lot of specialty tools - vanos, pilot bearing puller, bushing press kit, valve adjustment, fcab, wheel bearing, engine support bar, etc.

Comment

Working...
                X