Immaculate low mileage 2004 Silver Grey CSL Inspired Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's probably not legal where we are, no front plate is, but WDGAF

You can abuse children, you can shoplift, you can take a shit on the sidewalk, you can do drugs, but God forbid you touch your car at all.
    DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
    /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
    More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Love the clean euro rear parcel shelf and all the ceramic coating, looks mint. I also removed my rear headrests and windshield wipers. Makes for a cleaner look for sure, and why wouldn't you want to ceramic coat your windshield preventatively anyways...

Comment

Car looks absolutely brilliant, man. Nice work on this thing!!

Originally posted by E36 PWR View Post
        Everything reinstalled. Along the way, I broke some clips which will need to be replaced at a later date. For now, I will be leaving the headrests out as well. The headrest holes were plugged with a rubber BMW blind plug. Thank you to Casa de Mesa for the idea. I will update once the new speaker grills and replacement clips arrive.
        ​Not sure how I missed this, glad the idea worked out for you. It's such a simple thing but cleans up the look a tad.

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
        It's probably not legal where we are, no front plate is, but WDGAF

You can abuse children, you can shoplift, you can take a shit on the sidewalk, you can do drugs, but God forbid you touch your car at all.
        Man ain't this the truth. We're fostering a shelter dog currently. Based on the way the little guy reacts to certain movements people make, apparently you can kick a dog too and it doesn't matter.
        Build thread: Topaz Blue to Shark Blue

Comment

Took it out for a coastal drive again. Couldn't help stop at the USS Iowa and snap some photos.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1290_resize.jpg
Views:	590
Size:	122.0 KB
ID:	228574
          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1310_resize.jpg
Views:	577
Size:	188.3 KB
ID:	228575

Comment

Avedis

I just stumbled on this thread, and to say your attention to detail is impressive is a huge understatement.

I also have a silver grey, low mileage example and will be watching this thread for inspiration.

Will you have any audio in the future? What about carbon fiber body parts to further remove weight?

Comment

Originally posted by nyc951 View Post
              Avedis

I just stumbled on this thread, and to say your attention to detail is impressive is a huge understatement.

I also have a silver grey, low mileage example and will be watching this thread for inspiration.

Will you have any audio in the future? What about carbon fiber body parts to further remove weight?
              Thanks for reading and following along. Hopefully it will be a resource to you in some capacity.

I have no plans for audio in the near future, however, I am keeping everything easily reversible should I have a change of heart and want to revert to stock.

At this point I have no plans for exterior carbon fiber panels (hood, fenders, etc) other than the roof. The hood and fenders are already so light due to being aluminum. Carbon fenders save ~2kg per Karbonius, at a cost of $2,000 plus paint, I'm not sure if the cost / benefit ratio is there. Similar story with the hood. To me, the roof is definitely worth it though and will be done at some point. For additional weight savings, rear seat backs will come out, lightweight battery swapped in, CSL center console / door panels, etc.
              Last edited by Avedis; 08-21-2023, 05:09 PM.

Comment

Thanks for reading and following along. Hopefully it will be a resource to you in some capacity.

I have no plans for audio in the near future, however, I am keeping everything easily reversible should I have a change of heart and want to revert to stock.

At this point I have no plans for exterior carbon fiber panels (hood, fenders, etc) other than the roof. The hood and fenders are already so light due to being aluminum. Carbon fenders save ~2kg per Karbonius, at a cost of $2,000 plus paint, I'm not sure if the cost / benefit ratio is there. Similar story with the hood. To me, the roof is definitely worth it though and will be done at some point. For additional weight savings, rear seat backs will come out, lightweight battery swapped in, CSL center console / door panels, etc.
                That sounds like a great approach.

How much did the stereo equipment in the trunk weigh?

Comment

That sounds like a great approach.

How much did the stereo equipment in the trunk weigh?
                  For my particular setup (SOS, Nav, HK Amp, frame/hardware) it weighed exactly 14lbs. HK sub and rear deck speakers are not included in that number.

Comment

For my particular setup (SOS, Nav, HK Amp, frame/hardware) it weighed exactly 14lbs. HK sub and rear deck speakers are not included in that number.
                    I was thinking about your original rear deck. Since you’re not using rear speakers, what about having your original rear deck recovered in the fabric of your choice, covering the speaker cutouts and all. That would give a very streamlined look. Thoughts?

Comment

I was thinking about your original rear deck. Since you’re not using rear speakers, what about having your original rear deck recovered in the fabric of your choice, covering the speaker cutouts and all. That would give a very streamlined look. Thoughts?
                      This is likely the route I'm going to go when the time comes for me to recover mine.

Comment

Not sure if you’re up for it, but I’d love to swap cars for a quick ride over a typical Bay Area road - I’m in Berkeley and always looking to tailor the suspension to our back roads. Looks like you’ve got a nice setup!

My setup is here: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...lack-tan-332it
                        ‘02 332iT / 6 | ‘70 Jaguar XJ6 electric conversion

Comment

Originally posted by Bry5on View Post
                          Not sure if you’re up for it, but I’d love to swap cars for a quick ride over a typical Bay Area road - I’m in Berkeley and always looking to tailor the suspension to our back roads. Looks like you’ve got a nice setup!

My setup is here: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...lack-tan-332it
                          If you guys end up doing this, can I third wheel? Also very interested in seeing how different suspension setups perform out here. I'm in Walnut Creek - just over the hill from you.

Comment

Originally posted by dreamdrivedrift View Post

If you guys end up doing this, can I third wheel? Also very interested in seeing how different suspension setups perform out here. I'm in Walnut Creek - just over the hill from you.
                            Whoops, I posted this in the wrong thread somehow. I meant to post in YOUR thread!! So, yes, let’s do this. OP here is in southern CA
                            ‘02 332iT / 6 | ‘70 Jaguar XJ6 electric conversion

Comment

CSL door panels, door handles, and center console ordered. Excited is an understatement.

Click image for larger version  Name:	KARBONIUS_CHECKOUT.jpg Views:	41 Size:	60.8 KB ID:	235765
                              Last edited by Avedis; 09-30-2023, 06:45 PM.

Comment

Oh man that is going to be a fun install!

Comment

Working...
                                X