No announcement yet.

Immaculate low mileage 2004 Silver Grey CSL Inspired Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice! I just want to buy E46 M3s and do this to them all day long.
    DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
    /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
    More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Beautiful car ! Love a clean SG.

Was the dent removal person well experienced? Is it a mobile only service or do they have a shop too? Looking to remove a few dings from my Z4
      2005 Phoenix Yellow M3 Coupe 6spd
      2013 Interlagos Blue M3 Coupe 6spd ZCP, CF roof
      2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by Maxima SE View Post
        Beautiful car ! Love a clean SG.

Was the dent removal person well experienced? Is it a mobile only service or do they have a shop too? Looking to remove a few dings from my Z4
        He is very experienced and I would highly recommend him. I am very particular, and he definitely shares my standard/attention to detail. He has done my X7, and my neighbor's GT-R in the past. As far as I know, he is mobile only. You can contact him HERE.

Comment

Spent the morning continuing on with the radio / audio components delete. I started with the trunk area and removed the SOS module, navigation, radio, HK amp, and mounting frame.
          Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2565.jpg Views:	0 Size:	173.3 KB ID:	221551
          Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2566.jpg Views:	0 Size:	169.8 KB ID:	221553
          Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2567.jpg Views:	0 Size:	172.5 KB ID:	221552

I bundled up all the wiring harnesses in a microfiber towel then wrapped it tightly with friction tape. The bundle fit nicely in a little nook. I will find a more legitimate wrapping solution at a later time
          Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2568.jpg Views:	0 Size:	168.2 KB ID:	221558

Everything back together neatly. I then removed the emergency m-mobility system.
          Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2564.jpg Views:	0 Size:	190.7 KB ID:	221554
          Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2569.jpg Views:	0 Size:	195.9 KB ID:	221559

Next up was the HK under-deck mounted subwoofer
          Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2570.jpg Views:	0 Size:	228.3 KB ID:	221563

In addition to removing the speakers, I also had planned on replacing the rear parcel shelf with the streamlined Euro version and new c-pillars. Although the c-pillar trim was not faded, the fabric had started peeling from the edges closest to the rear windscreen. First the rear seat backs were removed.
          Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2571.jpg Views:	0 Size:	136.3 KB ID:	221556

Rear bench removed
          Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2572.jpg Views:	0 Size:	158.9 KB ID:	221561

Side bolsters removed. Next up was the removal of the plastic through-loading cross member trim. The plastic rivets were 100% stuck, and I had to cut the heads off just to get the trim off.
          Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2573.jpg Views:	0 Size:	147.7 KB ID:	221557

I then removed the c-pillars, unbolted the seatbelts, removed the seatbelt cover outlet, latch systems, speaker covers, speakers, and speaker mounts. I did not photograph everything step by step, as I kind of got into a nice work groove and did not want to stop to take photos. Here is everything removed.
          Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2575.jpg Views:	0 Size:	210.0 KB ID:	221562 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2577.jpg Views:	0 Size:	191.1 KB ID:	221555
          Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2578.jpg Views:	0 Size:	193.5 KB ID:	221560

The new parcel shelf and c-pillars were treated with Carpro fabric coating to reduce UV fade. Some new vs old photos below
          Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2586.jpg Views:	0 Size:	209.7 KB ID:	221544
          Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2585.jpg Views:	0 Size:	273.1 KB ID:	221545

I wanted to keep the parcel shelf as sleek as possible. I purchased the latch delete plugs for the speaker grills to plug the hole.
          Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2583.jpg Views:	0 Size:	284.2 KB ID:	221542
          Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2584.jpg Views:	0 Size:	267.0 KB ID:	221543

I attempted to install these into my new euro parcel shelf, only to realize the new shelf uses the smaller speaker grills! Turns out I purchased these, ceramic coated them, and installed them into the speaker grill for absolutely no reason. Oh well, smaller speaker grills already purchased and awaiting shipment.
          Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2587 2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	240.9 KB ID:	221548

While the c-pillar lights were out, I swapped out the hideous blue wedge bulbs one of the previous owners installed. They were swapped out with Sylvania long life 194 bulbs. The blue ones went directly into the trash can.
          Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2580.jpg Views:	0 Size:	244.6 KB ID:	221547
          Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2581.jpg Views:	0 Size:	267.1 KB ID:	221546
          Last edited by Avedis; 01-06-2024, 05:56 PM.

Comment

Part # for the speaker grille blanks? Didn't know they had 'em!
            DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
            /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
            More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
              Part # for the speaker grille blanks? Didn't know they had 'em!
              BMW Part No. 51468243667 and 51468243668. Weirdly, one is 3-4x times the price vs the opposite side.

This morning I continued on with the rear deck project. I remember seeing Tbonem3 build thread where he added acoustic mat to the holes in the rear deck. Great idea, so I stole it. Although I want to remove some of the weight from the car, I don't want it to sound stripped out and unfinished. I created some templates and cut the acoustic mat to shape.

Factory sound deadening foam removed
              Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2592.jpg Views:	0 Size:	174.2 KB ID:	221694

Templates cut and installed
              Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2594.jpg Views:	0 Size:	285.1 KB ID:	221699
              Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2595.jpg Views:	0 Size:	197.3 KB ID:	221696 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2596.jpg
Views:	625
Size:	152.5 KB
ID:	221693

I then test fit the new rear parcel shelf. I checked my work from the outside of the car and saw that the area between the rear windscreen and rear parcel shelf vented trim was dirty. I had to take out the sound insulation foam, then remove the vented trim. While the trim was out, I ceramic coated it with Carpro Dlux. It was incredibly time consuming but worthwhile due to it being exposed to UV constantly.
              Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2597.jpg Views:	0 Size:	289.1 KB ID:	221698
              Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2599.jpg Views:	0 Size:	232.3 KB ID:	221695

Window was deep cleaned
              Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2598.jpg Views:	0 Size:	222.3 KB ID:	221697
              Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2604.jpg Views:	0 Size:	135.4 KB ID:	221692

Everything reinstalled. Along the way, I broke some clips which will need to be replaced at a later date. For now, I will be leaving the headrests out as well. The headrest holes were plugged with a rubber BMW blind plug. Thank you to Casa de Mesa for the idea. I will update once the new speaker grills and replacement clips arrive.
              Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2602.jpg Views:	0 Size:	127.4 KB ID:	221691
              Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2603.jpg Views:	0 Size:	117.0 KB ID:	221690
              Last edited by Avedis; 06-13-2023, 10:25 AM.

Comment

Looks good, keep your ear out for buffeting with the windows cracked as the cabin vents are in the trunk and it looks like those holes are the air passages.
                ‘02 332iT / 6 | ‘70 Jaguar XJ6 electric conversion

Comment

Did you buy the Euro rear deck new or find it used? Think I might need one of those. I cannibalized my US one anyway for the BK rear deck harness mounts that I don't want anymore since I can just use a QFP for my occasional track days.

Don't forget you can get a slimmer carpet and larger tray for the driver side of the trunk since you deleted the nav stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Bry5on View Post
                    Looks good, keep your ear out for buffeting with the windows cracked as the cabin vents are in the trunk and it looks like those holes are the air passages.
                    This makes sense, thanks for the heads up. When the new clips/speaker grills come, I will remove some of the acoustic mat over the oval shaped holes so that the air can properly move.

Originally posted by repoman89 View Post
                    Did you buy the Euro rear deck new or find it used? Think I might need one of those. I cannibalized my US one anyway for the BK rear deck harness mounts that I don't want anymore since I can just use a QFP for my occasional track days.

Don't forget you can get a slimmer carpet and larger tray for the driver side of the trunk since you deleted the nav stuff.
                    I purchased the Euro parcel shelf new from getBMWparts.com, BMW Part No. 51466955325
                    Thank you for the reminder on the carpet/tray. It is on my to do list, the back burner at the moment. Trunk space is a low priority right now.
                    Last edited by Avedis; 06-14-2023, 05:18 AM.

Comment

New through-loading cross member trim, seatbelt outlet guides, retaining clips and speaker grills came in. I ceramic coated all the parts prior to installation. The euro parcel shelf project is complete. Looks amazing. In person it looks so fresh and so minimalist.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2879.jpg Views:	0 Size:	252.5 KB ID:	224528
                      Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2880.jpg Views:	0 Size:	159.4 KB ID:	224529
                      Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2893.jpg Views:	0 Size:	94.2 KB ID:	224527

Some random photos from a costal cruise this week
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2863.jpg
Views:	529
Size:	370.1 KB
ID:	224584
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2864.jpg
Views:	528
Size:	280.8 KB
ID:	224583
                      Last edited by Avedis; 07-06-2023, 06:56 PM.

Comment

How do you feel about the spacers? Could have gone larger?

Comment

To me, the windshield wipers have always stood out and cluttered the front end, which is otherwise near perfection. At this point in its life, this car is a once a month, perfect weather, SoCal coastal/canyon run type of treat.

I have a long term plan of deleting the windshield wiper motor, arms, and plugging the holes. Until then I still wanted to get rid of the wipers. I picked up a set of No-Coast engineering threaded windshield wiper delete caps. They are 3D printed and are model/chassis specific.

First I removed the wipers/arms
                          Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3006.jpg Views:	0 Size:	179.1 KB ID:	226696

Then taped everything off and polished the windshield
                          Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3007.jpg Views:	0 Size:	125.9 KB ID:	226692
                          Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3008.jpg Views:	0 Size:	110.4 KB ID:	226693

Windshield was then coated with Gyeon View coating
                          Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3009.jpg Views:	0 Size:	128.3 KB ID:	226697

3D printed texture was a bit too unrefined for my liking. I put them on the end of a drill and sanded them down. Texture didn't turn out perfect, but far better than how they looked when I received them. This is the before photo. After texture can be seen in installed photos.
                          Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3089.jpg Views:	0 Size:	180.0 KB ID:	226695

Ceramic coated the windshield cowl with CarPro Dlux, then installed the wiper delete caps. Final look, much cleaner.
                          Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3091.jpg Views:	0 Size:	101.9 KB ID:	226694
                          Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3092.jpg Views:	0 Size:	88.4 KB ID:	226689
                          Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3093.jpg Views:	0 Size:	111.4 KB ID:	226691
                          Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3094.jpg Views:	0 Size:	94.7 KB ID:	226688
                          Last edited by Avedis; 07-26-2023, 08:07 AM.

Comment

Acetone will help with the finish on those 3d printed parts. Lots of videos/guides online on this in case you want to mess with it some more.
                            2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Wiper delete.

Dawg.

That's next level lol.
                              2004 BMW ///M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon 6MT
                              2005 BMW ///M3
                              Interlagos Blue/Black 6MT Dinan S3-R

2008 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Bamboo/6MT Track Build
                              2000 BMW ///M5 Royal Red/Extended Caramel 6MT
                              2004 BMW X5 Toledo Blue/Sand Beige 6MT
                              2023 Toyota Supra //A91-MT CULG/Hazelnut 6MT

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Sharocks View Post
                                Wiper delete.

Dawg.

That's next level lol.
                                Yeah that would not be legal in my country haha
                                2005 ///M3 SMG Coupe Silbergrau Metallic/CSL bucket seats
                                Build Thread:
                                https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...e46-m3-journal

Comment

Working...
                                X